Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

UNCgolf

Book beforehand …. And it is pouring on the day that you planned Animal Kingdom. Or, your family loved Splash Mountain so much, they want another go without a line later in the week.

You can still make your own plan 200 days in advance. But you actually book it on your park day. This is fantastic — allows far more spontaneity. You don’t need to be locked in to an entire plan 2 months in advance.

Not allowing/requiring people to book FastPasses 2 months in advance is definitely a plus to this system.

A couple of questions - I may have missed the answers.

So with DAS can you only pre book 2 rides a day upto 30 days out OR book on the day whilst in the park - not both?
I was imagining it was a bit like fp - pre book 2 and when you had used those 2, you can book another?

Will DAS guests be able to book tier 1 rides?

Tia :)

Communicora

Premium Member
Except 190 people will pay to swim in the private pool.
In the DL part of the forum, someone shared this article.

"Again, the comparison to the former MaxPass system makes sense. Prior to the price increase on MaxPass early last year, I had heard MaxPass was viewed as an incredible success by the company due to its high adoption rate, which was still under half of all guests. This was with every attraction included in the system, and Disneyland having far greater ‘ride density’ than three parks at Walt Disney World."​

Disneyland had such a high percentage of APs that this makes sense to me. I do worry that a higher percentage will purchase Genie at WDW.

dreday3

So as far as hopping...

If we are in MK and know we are leaving to go to Epcot - we can book our next ride at Epcot from MK?

MrPromey

I can't imagine many people will outside of Christmas, new ride openings, etc.
Except at Disney a "new ride opening" is now just about anything that's less than a decade old.

The only attraction that doesn't seem to get treated that way is TLMM which I assume is due to a combination of using the high-capacity omnimover system (hurray for that) and also on it being not that great of a ride to begin with...

CaptainAmerica

Except at Disney a "new ride opening" is now just about anything that's less than a decade old.

The only attraction that doesn't seem to get treated that way is TLMM which I assume is due to a combination of using the high-capacity omnimover system (hurray for that) and also on it being not that great of a ride to begin with...
Smuggler's Run is Tier 2.

bunnyman

I don’t know, getting tired of being nickel and dimed. Not DVC or AP, but down there a lot from 1999 through 2019. I’m not one of those who doesn’t like change, but being in finance I look at everything as $$. Have always stayed on property purely for convenience, and was willing to pay their room rates for the perks. DME going away, 3 hour evening EMH a thing of the past, FP+ gone, have to pay to park at hotel, and I’m sure many more that I missed. Replacements for any of the above now come with a cost. Simultaneously their room rates have gone through the roof. Recently priced out several dates post Halloween and before the Holidays and the cheapest room was around $500. What am I missing other than this being a blatant money grab.

flynnibus

Premium Member
... And when lightning passes sell out, they don't load any of the boarding groups. Boarding groups are de facto obsolete.
giphy (19).gif

Now you sound like the guy who said there won't be any standby now

This is a boneheaded statement for many reasons
1) disney doesn't want those optics
2) disney controls how many lightning passes there are, so they always control if this happens
3) boarding groups are available at same time lightning passes are.. so Disney will already have made concious choices about how to split available capacity before offering either quantity

MrPromey

Smuggler's Run is Tier 2.
That's confirmed at this point in the new system or are you going by how it worked with the split-tier options at Hollwood Studios prior to covid?

If the former, that's a surprising positive sign.* If it's the latter, I wouldn't read anything at all into that.

*This thread has grown by 8 pages since I started reading it so I'm sure stuff has been uncovered ahead of where I"m at that I haven't gotten to yet.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom