Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My God.. what has happened to people using common sense for themselves, if an Anti Vaxxer decides what is right for him, then he is "taking the chance" that others may not -- and that's ok, isnt it? If you are someone who is TRULY afraid of getting Covid, and vaccinated, then wear a mask, dont shake hands, keep sanitizer with you, wear gloves, whatever you need to do for yourself...Is amazing to me how those who DO GET VACCINATED, want to cuss and badmouth those who dont want to get vaccinated, for whatever reason. And lets NOT FORGET SOMETHING -- I want to see the numbers of those in hospitals that are unvaccinated are ILLEGAL Aliens sent on busloads from this Administration who care less about the citizens of this country and more about votes- oh well.

For all the flack that Florida gets, it’s actually middle-of-the-pack in terms of vaccination numbers. Many states are far worse. There are a lot of other factors at play. As another poster suggested, weather is a big factor. Florida is miserable in the summer and people stay inside. I believe Florida also has the second oldest population in the country, with age being the #1 risk factor for hospitalization and death from covid. It’s also a vacation/travel hotspot. The governor is far from perfect (all governors are), but a lot of other factors exist here.

Sure, this is all fine and good, but as I said before you have every right to decide for yourself on vaccination and businesses have every right to decide who can work in their establishments and who can visit. You and I have no say in that. So for example if you wanted to work for Disney you would need to be vaccinated. No debate and no argument. That’s the way it is. If you want to go on a cruise you will need to be vaccinated also. Everyone has the right to choose if they get vaccinated but that choice comes with consequences. As the vaccination rate rises and the vaccines get full approval more and more places will begin to require vaccination. It has nothing to do with cussing or badmouthing anyone. Just the way it is.
Ok…I guess I “done bad” again, huh?

…jeez

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
dont worry...theres enough regeneron for EVERYONEEE
What’s the status on our stockpile of this wonder?

1629006178160.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

I'm just going by the highest vaccinated countries. I guess Canada will probably get to a higher percentage than Israel. Will it be enough?

I love it when people act like there's just nothing we can do.

We can reprogram the brainwashed. We can mandate things. We can exclude people from things. That's not authoritarian; it's SMART and it's survival.

Survival is more important than imaginary "rights" or placating the stupid.

Epct82

I love it when people act like there's just nothing we can do.

We can reprogram the brainwashed. We can mandate things. We can exclude people from things. That's not authoritarian; it's SMART and it's survival.

Survival is more important than imaginary "rights" or placating the stupid.
The number of children hospitalized in the US hit a record high yesterday. One would think such news would force the "Ma Rights!" people to change their habits and quit living selfishly. A horrid milestone to cause such action, but you'd still think it would spark some kind of empathy.
I'm not holding my breath.

wutisgood

This whole situation makes me sad. I have coworkers who won't get vaccinated and for someone trying to be responsible who cares about other coworkers that is such a slap in the face. I am wearing a mask in the office again because it is the right thing to do because most of my department would feel more comfortable. We recently had a number of people out with non covid related illnesses likely from people being back in office. There is a growing sentiment that the anti vaxxer crowd at work is a company culture killer and people want them out. People sacrificed a lot including layoffs and salary freezes and they don't want to tolerate these people anymore. People who don't want to get vaccinated try to hunt for excuses but its honestly exhausting trying to reason with people who move the goalposts.

Touchdown

The number of children hospitalized in the US hit a record high yesterday. One would think such news would force the "Ma Rights!" people to change their habits and quit living selfishly. A horrid milestone to cause such action, but you'd still think it would spark some kind of empathy.
I'm not holding my breath.
We need to approve this vaccine for children immediately. I certainly hope the FDA moves quickly when the results come in next month from Pfizer.

Lilofan

We need to approve this vaccine for children immediately. I certainly hope the FDA moves quickly when the results come in next month from Pfizer.
Oral vaccines can be an option for the little ones if being considered, bubble gum, tutti fruit, cotton candy flavors may appeal to the little ones.

Polkadotdress

I’ll take anything positive….but Missouri did peak at about 60% of their January peak while FL has already exceeded it. For whatever reason, FL is a different animal this time around. I can’t explain it :(
Florida, explained:
A state with no restrictions
A go-to tourist destination
A belief that "it's all those tourists bringing in the 'Rona"
A wide-open school system
A state with lots of sand, which is perfect for its residents to bury their heads in...

Lilofan

Florida, explained:
A state with no restrictions
A go-to tourist destination
A belief that "it's all those tourists bringing in the 'Rona"
A wide-open school system
A state with lots of sand, which is perfect for its residents to bury their heads in...
Florida can be considered the sandbox of the USA. That's why homes cannot have those basements like homes up North have.

lewisc

Wait…does “vitriol” mean “diarrhea”?
is the food at Disney restaurants such.as Chef Mickeys much, any., better then Golden Corral.

A poster described ,Golden Corral as the Wal Mart of restaurants..
I get the impression some posters don't think Golden Corral is worthy of the ,Celebration address they claim

mmascari

Crank it to 11!
View attachment 579832
Yikes. Stay safe out there, slope is slowing though.

The 7 day moving average went up 12.5% this week but was up 22.5% the week prior and almost 60% the week before that. So new case growth has slowed or said another way the slope of the curve is less steep….for what that’s worth.
How does the change in reporting method, where they are back filling the CDC dates impact this?

Maybe that’s the new slope, maybe it’ll change up or down next week when this week is updated. Maybe the entire slope last month is wrong too. Have we compared snapshots from different days to see how the back filling changes the slope vs just looking at the current picture?

How does it impact the 7 day averages? Do the recalculate those each time too?

With the change, it feels like any data less than a month old that’s not likely to change again is suspect. Maybe it’s better, maybe it’s really worse and we don’t know yet. I don’t trust any prediction based on looking at the last week or two of data, since all that data is likely to change.

mmascari

This whole situation makes me sad. I have coworkers who won't get vaccinated and for someone trying to be responsible who cares about other coworkers that is such a slap in the face. I am wearing a mask in the office again because it is the right thing to do because most of my department would feel more comfortable. We recently had a number of people out with non covid related illnesses likely from people being back in office. There is a growing sentiment that the anti vaxxer crowd at work is a company culture killer and people want them out. People sacrificed a lot including layoffs and salary freezes and they don't want to tolerate these people anymore. People who don't want to get vaccinated try to hunt for excuses but its honestly exhausting trying to reason with people who move the goalposts.
I think this sentiment is going to happen in lots of places. As a very rapid shift. Weeks not months for public opinion to shift to shunning unvaccinated in many places.

Heppenheimer

is the food at Disney restaurants such.as Chef Mickeys much, any., better then Golden Corral.

A poster described ,Golden Corral as the Wal Mart of restaurants..
I get the impression some posters don't think Golden Corral is worthy of the ,Celebration address they claim
Is Golden Corral really that much worse than your average US chain restaurant?

I've only eaten there once maybe 25 years ago, and I think my reaction was something like "Well, that was food, at least."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom