Minnie's Halloween Dine returns to Hollywood and Vine at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Brooklin Disney Dad

Wow. Is there a new category of pricing: $$$$ ?

So a ten yr old who wants chicken fingers and fries is $55 now and gets a glimpse of Minnie from afar. Perhaps time to introduce a flex menu for families. To eat there with my wife, teenage boys and daughter is $256 plus tip and tax. Bahama Breeze for me please!
I remember when adults were $36 and kids $18 less than 10 urs ago. Price has changed, portions/menu have not to justify it.
Perhaps encouraging families to purchase a dining plan? I don’t know.

Animaniac93-98

Wow. Is there a new category of pricing: $$$$ ?

So a ten yr old who wants chicken fingers and fries is $55 now and gets a glimpse of Minnie from afar. Perhaps time to introduce a flex menu for families. To eat there with my wife, teenage boys and daughter is $256 plus tip and tax. Bahama Breeze for me please!
I remember when adults were $36 and kids $18 less than 10 urs ago. Price has changed, portions/menu have not to justify it.
Perhaps encouraging families to purchase a dining plan? I don’t know.

Dining Plan is currently unavailable, which means anyone who eats there now is paying full price (unless there's an AP discount?)

It also seems Hollywood and Dine is more popular than ever. It's booked well in advance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dining Plan is currently unavailable, which means anyone who eats there now is paying full price (unless there's an AP discount?)

It also seems Hollywood and Dine is more popular than ever. It's booked well in advance.
They’ll drink the sand…

you mean the dining plan where you overpaid for the full trip up front? And then had to “eat your way back to the surface”?

Brooklin Disney Dad

The pricing is insane, but when people stay on site with no car, they are kind of screwed since they can’t really go to local restaurants. One year (2010 maybe) we had the dining plan for free (late August) when we stayed on site. Our total receipts for eating were $1400 for 2 adults and 2 under 9 kids. That’s one sit down, one counter, and one snack each day for one week. We started staying at timeshares since then and don’t spend that much over two weeks on all our food.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The pricing is insane, but when people stay on site with no car, they are kind of screwed since they can’t really go to local restaurants. One year (2010 maybe) we had the dining plan for free (late August) when we stayed on site. Our total receipts for eating were $1400 for 2 adults and 2 under 9 kids. That’s one sit down, one counter, and one snack each day for one week. We started staying at timeshares since then and don’t spend that much over two weeks on all our food.
Right…but that bill was being inflated so you’d see that and want to come back…as the price of the packages went up each year…

didn’t work on you…but I bet there is still someone asking on this board about “free” dining RIGHT now

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

Reports were that the quality of the food has risen inexorably since moving to plated entrees, plus of course it’s one of very few character dining options. It’s not surprising demand has shot up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reports were that the quality of the food has risen inexorably since moving to plated entrees, plus of course it’s one of very few character dining options. It’s not surprising demand has shot up.
I would imagine the LATTER is the bigger dsal

food reports have been “diminished” nearly across the board…
…I doubt somebody in food and bev said “you know what?…let’s make Hollywood and vine a lot better!”

something is working…but I have a feeling it’s an “unintended consequence” of the management decrees.

Jon81uk

…I doubt somebody in food and bev said “you know what?…let’s make Hollywood and vine a lot better!”

I think the improvement is likely due to it being plated entrees rather than sitting out on a buffet counter. Even if the food isn't much better, the fact it hasn't sat under the hot lamps for an hour might help. Also I guess the chefs/cooks being able to concentrate on six entree options is easier than 10 buffet dishes.

Of course at many other places quality has gone down, but it does seem plausible that going from buffet to prix fixe improves quality.

DHoy

It's a farce and a joke. Anyone can drive down to a local restaurant for an omelet for less than $15. $40+ is a joke even with characters.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a farce and a joke. Anyone can drive down to a local restaurant for an omelet for less than $15. $40+ is a joke even with characters.
It’s not breakfast…to be fair…

but I’ve seen all kinds of angst over the last year about the quality and price…

gee?…wonder what happened that the other half started noticing? 🤔

nickys

Premium Member
I would imagine the LATTER is the bigger dsal

food reports have been “diminished” nearly across the board…

something is working…but I have a feeling it’s an “unintended consequence” of the management decrees.
Nope. Believe me a couple of people are quite “foodie” types who went with families. They said the entrees were very good quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom