Park Open Procedures

threvester

For Contemporary and BLT????? The security check point is on the path right by where the buses enter the bus drop-off area. About 1,000' from the gates. I've NEVER been held at that point. My assumption is if the resort busses are arriving and dropping guests off then that checkpoint is open. Technically it is a good bit further away than the security checkpoint at the bus bays, but do they really hold people getting off the resort busses there??? That area isn't very big- especially once the ferries start getting there and unloading.
2 weeks ago i waved to them as our bus drove by. they were being held just like we were when we got off the bus.why would they go through security while everyone else is held at security?

iowamomof4

Any recent updates? Last I heard, rope drop was:

MK - 9:00 (what time do they start letting people through security?)
Epcot - 10:45
DHS - 8:30 (security opens at about 8)
AK - 7:20-7:30 for Pandora

Preemiemama

Any recent updates? Last I heard, rope drop was:

MK - 9:00 (what time do they start letting people through security?)
Epcot - 10:45
DHS - 8:30 (security opens at about 8)
AK - 7:20-7:30 for Pandora
Just back.
MK security was letting people through at about 8, but you're held in the hub in certain areas until 9.
DHS was letting people through at 8:00 to line up in designated areas then queues/attractions running at 8:30.
AK was letting people through starting at 7 then lined up on the bridge to Pandora. 7:30 walk to Pandora/queue and ride FOP. Nothing else runs until 8:00.
We did not RD Epcot- just hopped there in the afternoons/evenings.

iowamomof4

Just back.
MK security was letting people through at about 8, but you're held in the hub in certain areas until 9.
DHS was letting people through at 8:00 to line up in designated areas then queues/attractions running at 8:30.
AK was letting people through starting at 7 then lined up on the bridge to Pandora. 7:30 walk to Pandora/queue and ride FOP. Nothing else runs until 8:00.
Thank you!

doctornick

Just back.

Does Disney transportation run early enough to make any of these? Or, conversely, are you able to make them if you drive (i.e. are you allowed in early enough to park and make it)?

pdude81

Does Disney transportation run early enough to make any of these? Or, conversely, are you able to make them if you drive (i.e. are you allowed in early enough to park and make it)?
It's harder if you drive as they weren't letting you through until an hour before opening as of a few weeks ago. I assume nothing has changed.

Disney transportation is always running earlier if you get out to the stops in time.

Preemiemama

We were on a bus every morning for those openings. We were at the stop 90 minutes ahead and all but one day (and we're not really sure what happened that day to the bus) we had a bus with few other families on it about 70-80 minutes ahead of opening. So, AK for example, we were on a bus by 6:45 and able to enter the park at 7.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This keeps on getting more and more crowded. From today

Magic-Kingdom_Full_43093.jpg

doctornick

Just back.

For anyone who has been recently, do these reports still seem accurate? Or has anything changed (I’m wondering specifically with the new mask changes though it doesn’t seem to have affected social distancing)?

Last edited:

Phicinfan

So, just got back from WDW, and we only did rope drop one day at DHS. There was no rope drop. We got into the park at 8:30 am, and walked right into the line for MMRR. No one blocking the entrances or anything. It was really interesting.

Preemiemama

So, just got back from WDW, and we only did rope drop one day at DHS. There was no rope drop. We got into the park at 8:30 am, and walked right into the line for MMRR. No one blocking the entrances or anything. It was really interesting.
They open the queues and allow people on about 30 minutes prior to official opening, so at 8:30 you should have been walking right into line.

havoc315

They open the queues and allow people on about 30 minutes prior to official opening, so at 8:30 you should have been walking right into line.

Any updates on other parks?
AKL -- What time are they letting people on to FOP? What time is the parking lot opening for those that drive, for ubers?

MK -- Still held till official parking opening?

Epcot? Still also about 20-30 minutes before park opening?

Preemiemama

Any updates on other parks?
AKL -- What time are they letting people on to FOP? What time is the parking lot opening for those that drive, for ubers?

MK -- Still held till official parking opening?

Epcot? Still also about 20-30 minutes before park opening?
From what I've read on another forum, yes this is still the case in those 3 parks as of yesterday. I'm not sure for people who drive, but RD for FOP is about 30 minutes prior to park opening.

DisneyDreamer08

Read a FB post from someone who was at DHS yesterday. They were let in at 8:10, rides opened at 8:30 (for a 9am opening). I am looking forward to the start of early entry so that true rope drop returns. I would be so stressed if I thought I arrived in time for rope drop only to find the park was already open.

Lilofan

Read a FB post from someone who was at DHS yesterday. They were let in at 8:10, rides opened at 8:30 (for a 9am opening). I am looking forward to the start of early entry so that true rope drop returns. I would be so stressed if I thought I arrived in time for rope drop only to find the park was already open.
It is always a good feeling when the park can surprise open to guests standing on line.

pdude81

Got into Pandora at 730 today as expected but nothing running in Pandora yet as of 745

Update: queue allowed past marquee at 748. May have just taken a while to get the ride up this morning

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom