News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

AEfx

Captain's Table

Arrange to sit at the captain’s table for an especially memorable dinner experience. Enjoy extra courses—the captain’s favorite dishes—while seated in a prime location in the center of the Crown of Corellia Dining Room.

An additional fee is required for Captain’s Table seating.

OMG, I missed that.

So they are creating an elite class within the elite class...man, you gotta love the audacity of Disney.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think also for kids, age will be important here and probably the older the better?

I know you don’t have to do all the tasks but when I’m paying that much, I want to experience it all and my 6 year old won’t want to play a card game.

He wants to slice Kylo Ren to pieces

Like most Disney activities... they seem targeted at like the 5-9 age group.

If asked here if a kid would play bingo... everyone would say NOOOO... yet you go on a cruise ship, and what is the room full of ? KIDS PLAYING BINGO.... for like an HOUR.

This isn't chess tables in the park...

Ayla

Q.

Can I dress up in costume during my Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage?
A.

Absolutely, what you wear is part of the fun.
Throughout your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage, you are encouraged to don your galactic best. You are a character in the story, so we invite you to dress the part. If you wish to participate, you can even show off your look during the Galactic Best Dressed event. Clothes from your home planet are also welcome.
If your wardrobe is currently limited to a single planet, Star Wars galaxy apparel is available in-advance from shopDisney. Galactic attire is also available for purchase at the Halcyon starcruiser’s stylish boutique, The Chandrila Collection.
So it's also an incredibly expensive Comic Con. 😂

seascape

Don't forget to add the hotel tax and sales tax on top of the $4800 for 2 adults. I know I can easily afford it but I also can afford to buy any car I want and will not pay as much as the auto companies want. A car is a depreciating asset and around $6,000.00 for 2 days in a once in a lifetime experience is still probably too much for me. So unless my wife wants to pay for this I most likely will skip it. Besides, I would rather buy more Lightsabers for my collection. At least they provide decorations for my office.

AEfx

I believe this is targeted at adults mostly, at least 1 of whom is a die-hard Star Wars fan and maybe some teens, I honestly don't think you will see the typical Disney family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids.

That's what is weird - I would have expected the same thing, but they seem to have designed it for grade schoolers aged 8 - 11. Old enough to have the attention span to learn to play a card game or complete arts and crafts, but not old enough to realize how lame it is to be learning a card game and doing arts and crafts on a space adventure.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

Captain's Table

Arrange to sit at the captain’s table for an especially memorable dinner experience. Enjoy extra courses—the captain’s favorite dishes—while seated in a prime location in the center of the Crown of Corellia Dining Room.

An additional fee is required for Captain’s Table seating.
At those prices I thought at least one 'fine dining' experience, was included. Silly me!

DisneyJoe

That's what is weird - I would have expected the same thing, but they seem to have designed it for grade schoolers aged 8 - 11. Old enough to have the attention span to learn to play a card game or complete arts and crafts, but not old enough to realize how lame it is to be learning a card game and doing arts and crafts on a space adventure.
Everyone I talk to who wants to go on this has no kids!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The FAQ regarding valet parking has two interesting things:

1. The wrong address. It takes you to the buses-only section of DHS. (I emailed them about this)
2. No visitors (as we've been trying to tell people for several years).

1628098599449.png

1628098631920.png

MrPromey

Don't forget to add the hotel tax and sales tax on top of the $4800 for 2 adults. I know I can easily afford it but I also can afford to buy any car I want and will not pay as much as the auto companies want. A car is a depreciating asset and around $6,000.00 for 2 days in a once in a lifetime experience is still probably too much for me. So unless my wife wants to pay for this I most likely will skip it. Besides, I would rather buy more Lightsabers for my collection. At least they provide decorations for my office.

... plus port and docking fees ;)

runnsally

The price point (lower than I expected) indicates to me that you are basically paying for unique all-inclusive accommodations plus a half-day in SWGE and a few other unique/brief activities. Pretty similar to a family of four living it up for 3 days/2 nights at WDW…
$2000 for two nights at a better WDW club level rooms
$600 for two signature dinners
$200 for two breakfasts/lunches
$800 for two park days
$400 for a dessert party
= $4000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom