News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney World APs coming back before the 50th!

"And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney World APs coming back before the 50th!

"And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog."

Surely I can’t be the only one who saw “excitement” in that blurb and read it as “excrement”… Not that it isn’t fitting for another typical Disney PR fluff piece.

Hcalvert

I renewed my Platinum AP in June at the 60-day mark and it is set to begin in less than a week. It would be interesting if they decide to change the tiers similar to Disneyland and what I will end up with then.

TTA94

I renewed my Platinum AP in June at the 60-day mark and it is set to begin in less than a week. It would be interesting if they decide to change the tiers similar to Disneyland and what I will end up with then.

Wondering that to. Hope current APs do not have to upgrade to avoid having to pay for parking like it seems they are doing at Disneyland.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Because of the fact reservations are needed they don’t want to call it an annual pass and get the flack when guests can’t just turn up all year.
^^^ This. DL had a whole host of people that probably visited over 200 times a year, and the new program will pretty much prevent anyone from doing that, since it only allows them to hold 6 reservations at a time. My big worry about the WDW program is for those of us that don't live there, visit 2-3 times every year for 9-10 days, and have always had APs in the past to cover the cost. If they also limit the WDW program to 6 reservations at a time, then for 3-4 days every trip we would not be able to visit the parks. Technically not a huge deal breaker as we would normally take a day or 2 for resort stuff anyway, but would still prefer to not be limited. We had 2 cruises scheduled last year with minimal resort days before and after, so no park days at all, so we let ours expire, and now I'm really regretting that we let ours expire, but we just weren't expecting a global pandemic.

I guess my other thought is that they have been allowing renewals the entire time (unlike DL), and those APs would not have any kind of restrictions different than what they have now, so I would think it would have to be similar to current program, but certainly expecting a huge price increase.

Lil Copter Cap

My big worry about the WDW program is for those of us that don't live there, visit 2-3 times every year for 9-10 days, and have always had APs in the past to cover the cost. If they also limit the WDW program to 6 reservations at a time, then for 3-4 days every trip we would not be able to visit the parks.
Thankfully, under current policy, you can book park reservations for the length of a linked resort hotel stay PLUS 3 reservations outside of your booked vacation.

I am curious to see if any changes occur to the overall program of APs in Florida or if it'll hold at the current program and still restrict overall reservation amounts...

MrPromey

^^^ This. DL had a whole host of people that probably visited over 200 times a year, and the new program will pretty much prevent anyone from doing that, since it only allows them to hold 6 reservations at a time. My big worry about the WDW program is for those of us that don't live there, visit 2-3 times every year for 9-10 days, and have always had APs in the past to cover the cost. If they also limit the WDW program to 6 reservations at a time, then for 3-4 days every trip we would not be able to visit the parks. Technically not a huge deal breaker as we would normally take a day or 2 for resort stuff anyway, but would still prefer to not be limited. We had 2 cruises scheduled last year with minimal resort days before and after, so no park days at all, so we let ours expire, and now I'm really regretting that we let ours expire, but we just weren't expecting a global pandemic.

I guess my other thought is that they have been allowing renewals the entire time (unlike DL), and those APs would not have any kind of restrictions different than what they have now, so I would think it would have to be similar to current program, but certainly expecting a huge price increase.

Florida's audience makeup is very different from DLs. All they would need to do to reduce local AP holders to a better number would probably be to do away with the payment plan but since the Florida parks are not overrun with locals to begin with, I'm pretty sure that's why the Florida APs never got canceled to begin with and I'd be a bit suprised if anything significant changed to them here, aside from pricing.

It also helps (Disney) that they have more ways to make money off the majority of their guests in Florida than they do in DL, too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It doesn’t matter if you cancelled or not…it’s not like you would have been “legacied” for more than a few months anyway

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Florida's audience makeup is very different from DLs. All they would need to do to reduce local AP holders to a better number would probably be to do away with the payment plan but since the Florida parks are not overrun with locals to begin with, I'm pretty sure that's why the Florida APs never got canceled to begin with and I'd be a bit suprised if anything significant changed to them here, aside from pricing.

It also helps (Disney) that they have more ways to make money off the majority of their guests in Florida than they do in DL, too.
This ☝🏻☝🏻
The only correlation between Florida/Disneyland is going to be the names…the pricing/demographics are different

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s to distract you from realizing all you are losing compared to the old annual pass.
It could have been a lot worse…from the looks of it.

the other thing is that covid is a severe disruption to travel planning…particularly wdw. People on boards tend to believe that trips are planned 1-3 months out…but they are not. It’s a very long lead window. So that’s part of the annual pass equation.

I bet we start seeing “it’s gonna mobbed for rhe 50th!!🤪🤪” popped up more and more over the next months…

I hear some whispers that is not the case at all. 10/1 will be…but it’s gonna be a shockingly low number after. Which is probably why they aren’t really advertising/pushing it. Not really beneficially at this point given the impact to the lead in period.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ok…I guess I over shot that. There will be tier/reservation limitations. That ship has sailed.
So how are they going to handle all of the people that have current level APs? You can't tell someone with a Gold Pass that only had blackout dates, but no park reservation restrictions, that now they all of a sudden have them. They aren't that stupid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom