News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrzyKtty

Generally I find disposable more comfortable, but the environmentalist hippie in me just really cannot abide by them in large amounts. The amount of waste they create is alarming. And I was just recently at Universal and the amount of those things I saw littering around the parks and causing chaos for the janitorial staff was a little bit sad. Even saw one floating in a pool at Volcano Bay. So if you're going to use disposable, for the love of all that is good in the world please please be responsible with them.

disneygeek90

Generally I find disposable more comfortable, but the environmentalist hippie in me just really cannot abide by them in large amounts. The amount of waste they create is alarming. And I was just recently at Universal and the amount of those things I saw littering around the parks and causing chaos for the janitorial staff was a little bit sad. Even saw one floating in a pool at Volcano Bay. So if you're going to use disposable, for the love of all that is good in the world please please be responsible with them.
Agree, I think the waste factor and re-usability of the cloth ones has also pushed me in that direction. I like using the same few and just throwing them in the washing machine.

correcaminos

I see tons of vaccine mandates dropping today. Wonder if Disney follows suit.

Add a vaccine mandate and drop all masks. People will lose their minds.
It would be impossible to ask for proof and drop all masks at WDW. You can ask for proof but not deny entry. Best you can do is require unvaccinated to mask or be in different areas like on cruise ships.

Disney is requiring non-union to vaccinate as employees. They are working on unions.

But for better or worse, Disney cannot deny entry just to drop masks.

KrzyKtty

I see tons of vaccine mandates dropping today. Wonder if Disney follows suit.

Add a vaccine mandate and drop all masks. People will lose their minds.
I am pretty sure I read already that Disney is instituting a vaccine mandate for basically all of their employees except unionized employees.

ArmoredRodent

Actually, you can get American-made N95, NIOSH-certified 5 layer masks easily on Amazon. I use those made by Kimberly-Clark, the maker of Kleenex (actually, from their research division KimTech). Just great engineering. They are almost the same as medical-grade N95 masks, except that they do not have the splash/spray protection sixth layer. They are very comfortable, and do not get as hot as surgicals or cloth masks. In fact, they literally feel like you're wearing nothing at all, and provide very good protection. I am quite comfortable wearing them in Texas or on airplanes.

They do have three downsides:
1) they are "duck-bill" style, with the center fold running sideways, not vertically, so basically they look funny, but they are used by many employers. (Actually, I just realized that if you're going to wear duckbills, it might as well be in Donald's house. :D)
2) like all effective N95 masks, they have straps that loop around the back of your head, rather than around your ears. Otherwise they can't achieve the complete seal required for N95 certification. But their straps are very lightweight wide flat bands, rather than round cords, so they don't cut into your skin. Some people find the straps so comfortable they complain that the straps aren't strong enough, but I've used hundreds and only had one set break on me. Others think the straps aren't tight enough, but you can see the material bend in and out when you breathe, and if you perform the usual standard fit tests, they fit fine without cutting in. Again, good design and engineering, not brute force, one-size fits all elastic cords.
3) they are about twice the price of surgical masks. I just checked on Amazon and they are $1.09 per mask, down 11 cents from when I re-ordered them a couple of weeks ago. They used to be significantly cheaper, but more people have been buying them, pushing the price up. But, as with most quality masks, you can let them air out for several days, preferably in sunlight, and they can be re-used if needed.

AEfx

I know roughly 10 people that have recently (past week) tested positive using the at home kits you can buy at CVS. All of them vaccinated. I'm guessing the actual daily infections are exponentially higher than what the official numbers show.
Yeah, I think that is pretty clear. Most vaccinated people aren't running out and getting tested. That's why they are finding breakthrough infections in places like sports teams, film productions, etc. - because they are environments that have regular testing.

durangojim

I have a sore throat today thats a 2 on a scale of
1-10.

I’m fully vaccinated and have been sick before and tested negative.

I guess I’ll go in again, the stick up the nose is better than unknowingly getting others infected if I’m positive.
Wait three days, see if the symptoms worsen and then go get tested.

KrzyKtty

Every weekend this Sunday through Monday numbers are basically just an average between those three days. The CDC does not update on Sunday, and because of that it means Saturday and sunday's numbers are not traditionally reported until Monday. But for whatever reason, Monday is always a zero sum, so you don't actually get the average of Saturday through Monday until Tuesday afternoon.

Gringrinngghost

Wow those numbers are …….. close…. Very very close. The SD between the three is 1.33

it just statistically look right.
It's like that EVERY weekend. Here is a snippet of the Florida data from July 7th (Wednesday) to Yesterday August 2nd (Monday)

There is usually hardly ANY deviation for the weekends.

1628030610348.png

Red is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Blue is Saturday, Sunday And Monday

Just because the weekend numbers look stable does not show the full picture.

and in Numerical form.
1628031005002.png

Edit: New tweet after post

BuddyThomas

REMINDER - This thread is not to endlessly debate if masks work. This is specifically about WDW and mask policy. Anything other than that will be deleted.
That’s great and all, and I know, your site, your rules.....but have you taken a trip down to the Disneyland Coronavirus thread lately? It’s a complete free for all down there. They are openly discussing politics, sniping at each other, and posting all sorts of things that don’t apply to Disneyland. I mean, I don’t ask much in life.....but a little consistency would be helpful. Otherwise, this is how people get confused about the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom