News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

For all the people that have been to Disney during the indoors mask mandate (with no social distancing) how was the indoor interactive shows? Still the same experience im assuming? Like philharMagic, its tough to be a bug, and others. Also with Laugh Floor opening up on August 8th (one of my favorite shows) im wondering how that will go with everyone wearing a mask. I'm assuming it will be the same experience but I just want to hear from someone that has experienced it. Thanks!
Philarmagic and Carousel of Progress were sitting every row with no unavailable seats on Sunday.

Gran Fiesta

Philarmagic and Carousel of Progress were sitting every row with no unavailable seats on Sunday.
Was the experience of the attraction the same with a mask? I know that might be a silly question but I am just genuinely curious if any of the experience was taken away. Also Im assuming they were still nice places to come in and cool off from the heat even with a mask?

disneygeek90

Was the experience of the attraction the same with a mask? I know that might be a silly question but I am just genuinely curious if any of the experience was taken away. Also Im assuming they were still nice places to come in and cool off from the heat even with a mask?
Wearing masks on attractions doesn't really make a difference to me especially in the AC, but the 3D glasses can cause a little more annoyance. You have to find a good place for them to rest so you're not fogging up your glasses; it can take a few adjustments.

Gran Fiesta

Wearing masks on attractions doesn't really make a difference to me especially in the AC, but the 3D glasses can cause a little more annoyance. You have to find a good place for them to rest so you're not fogging up your glasses; it can take a few adjustments.
Appreciate it!

Gran Fiesta

Also would you (or anyone) suggest wearing disposable masks that you can throw away and put a new one on around the parks or wearing a cloth mask? Which one is cooler in the heat?

correcaminos

Book smart and intelligence don't always go hand in hand. None of this has to do with masks though.

I find with glasses the paper surgical masks are best. Glasses resting slightly lower than normal let you see the 3D and not fog so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

disneygeek90

Also would you (or anyone) suggest wearing disposable masks that you can throw away and put a new one on around the parks or wearing a cloth mask? Which one is cooler in the heat?
I think technically the paper is cooler/lighter but I actually prefer the Disney ones. I wear them for every day use even when not in the parks and have been the most comfortable for me. If you do go the paper route bring lots of extras, my dad broke two in the span of about an hour. Since they're being taken off and on a lot more often than when masks were required 100% of the time they don't last as long.

durangojim

For all the people that have been to Disney during the indoors mask mandate (with no social distancing) how was the indoor interactive shows? Still the same experience im assuming? Like philharMagic, its tough to be a bug, and others. Also with Laugh Floor opening up on August 8th (one of my favorite shows) im wondering how that will go with everyone wearing a mask. I'm assuming it will be the same experience but I just want to hear from someone that has experienced it. Thanks!
same, just with masks. really no biggie

dreday3

Right on, I have never seen a 3 layer disposable, that is cool

Yeah, the surgical masks. :)

mask.jpg

Trauma

I have a sore throat today thats a 2 on a scale of
1-10.

I’m fully vaccinated and have been sick before and tested negative.

I guess I’ll go in again, the stick up the nose is better than unknowingly getting others infected if I’m positive.

correcaminos

The disposables don't really offer the protection that the 3 layer cloth masks do, if you are going to wear one, might as well be safer in it
Not sure you are correct. They are 3 or 4 layers and have adjustable noses that are far superior to any cloth ones I've seen. I get a way better fit from a disposable than any cloth really. I use cloth mostly for environmental reasons.

France is telling people to ditch cloth https://www.popularmechanics.com/sc...which-face-mask-is-best-for-covid-protection/

Right on, I have never seen a 3 layer disposable, that is cool
Um, they're all 3 layers if not 4

correcaminos

1-10.

I guess I’ll go in again, the stick up the nose is better than unknowingly getting others infected if I’m positive.
I wouldn't honestly keep testing. First there are other viruses strong now. Second allergies give me sore throats and with the fires, it's been hazy skies bothering me. Not all sore throats are illness as well.

disneygeek90

1-10.

Same boat as me. I also have a good amount of nasal congestion.

I took a rapid home test from Walgreens this afternoon that was negative. I didn't feel comfortable being at work not knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom