News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disstevefan1

I've been out of the loop for a while, but is this why Disney reinstituted the Indoor Masks?

From CNBC:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated​

And This:

The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.
This makes perfect sense as the vaccine does NOT prevent infections. The Vaccine (should) allow someone to recover with less problems.

One of my worries is that folks get vaccinated and act like Kevin in Home Alone run around crazy and party like it was 2019!

ToTBellHop

I've been out of the loop for a while, but is this why Disney reinstituted the Indoor Masks?

From CNBC:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

CDC study shows 74% of people infected in Massachusetts Covid outbreak were fully vaccinated​

And This:

The new data, published in the U.S. agency’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, also found that fully vaccinated people who get infected carry as much of the virus in their nose as unvaccinated people.
A) the sample size is shamefully low for new nationwide guidance
B) it is in a highly-vaccinated state (Barnstable county has fully-vaccinated 75% of those ages 12+). We should indeed expect a higher percentage of cases among the vaccinated as more people get vaccinated. Hospitalizations and deaths, however, are still rather low. Not a single vaccinated person in that 74% died.

jpinkc

It will be a slowdown but I don’t expect it to be a major barrier. Union will just want to be sure who is paying for it and paying for their time to go and get it.
Uhm no one has to pay to be vaccinated..... No one I know was, other than when the tax bill comes...

Gringrinngghost

From CNBC:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

And This:

Vaccines are like Condoms, there is always going to be the one that breaks and gets the person pregnant.

PuertoRekinSam

Uhm no one has to pay to be vaccinated..... No one I know was, other than when the tax bill comes...
No… but from a union perspective it is about the time to go get it. (What about getting there during open times, and impacts on child care eyc…) And as they say time is money. If required it should (in a union state of mind) be paid work time.

JohnD

From CNBC:

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

And This:

Fair enough. But the point of the vaccines was to reduce hospitalizations, not 0% COVID which is now likely never to happen. Of those infected, I'm more interested in their symptoms. I would bet their symptoms were minimal.

Epcotbob

As many people smarter than me have pointed out, when you get the majority of people vaccinated, the people who get infected will predominantly be vaccinated.
I don't get it...I thought that is exactly what the vaccine was supposed to prevent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom