News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

UNCgolf

It does look nice, but how visible will it be around the lagoon? That's a big question mark for me from seeing the video. If you have to be in a viewing area where you're looking at the ring straight on and all the effects and projections from the ring are lost if you're standing on the sides of the lagoon, that would be a pretty big design flaw.

I just posted something similar without seeing your comment first. The vast majority of guests won't be able to see the water screen very well, so I think we have to wonder what it will be like for all those guests.

dreday3

I just posted something similar without seeing your comment first. The vast majority of guests won't be able to see the water screen very well, so I think we have to wonder what it will be like for all those guests.

Perhaps the deluxe guests will get the prime spots 3 nights a week, the moderates 2 nights, values 1 and then one free for all night so everyone can have a chance.
;)

UNCgolf

I have to say the water, imo, actually makes it look worse than having them sit there.

Instead of an unfortunate eyesore that your eyes are naturally drawn to, it feels like they are trying to pull your attention to them now in the most awkward way.

Maybe, if they're able to run video all day with something subtle on repeat, they could improve it a little, though.

In that video it just looks like a fat guy* trying to hide behind a light pole to me.

*spoken as someone who could stand to eat less and swim more and not meant to offend anyone.

I've been saying this since the fountains were first announced. I could not envision any way that it was actually going to look good or improve anything. This was the most likely result, but even if they were pumping out enough water to actually look closer to the concept art, that was just going to be incredibly loud and draw even more attention to them because of the gigantic, out of proportion scale.

trainplane3

This transition from projection/screen to lasers is so clean and nice ngl.
View attachment 575083
Meanwhile the flanking barges are blank (during the part they showed off, which could be different in the end), forcing you to fight for a view of the ring.

At this point my issue isn't with the content, it's the execution.
- Why a giant, flat, water screen?
- Why didn't they budget to make these things (easily) movable? (Widened bridge?)
- Why are they so hot on fountains? You know, the one thing that really depends on weather?
- Why did they go crazy with the moving arms? We know they'll break eventually and the show will be "B-moded" for extended periods of time

I'm sure the tech side of it during the show will be incredible. Can't doubt that. The execution just leaves me scratching my head.

mightynine

To follow-up on my earlier comments, I basically wasn’t expecting anything like what is discussed in Acts 1 and 3, and I’m hoping there is some spirit of Epcot in there.

For all I know, however, those will be something like two minutes total of the show. 😄

James Alucobond

I’d hope those fanned out fountains will be much more power, or just don’t even bother. Probably a test.
As bad as the view from the front is, no amount of power will obscure the spine of each screen with the way the jets are currently configured, so looking at it from the side always produces black void with exposed machinery. I had though they'd at least direct the arcs of water over the spine in an attempt to obscure things from the side.

jrhwdw

Can we get off IP and how the Fountains looked today for once and hope/pray Harm. actually opens Oct 1st ??? With the CDC comments on Masks today, how do we know Entertainment won't be canceled again?!?!?!?! Yes it's only indoors, but this is NOT GOOD!

CaptinEO

This was an issue with the last show but it was made worse with HEA and it's reliance on projection for major elements.

At that point, they would do a couple purely projection shows a night before and after the actual fireworks show which helped considerably since it spread out the crowds for those which were already lighter than everyone gathering for the main show.

Back then, you could chalk up that 180 view as a different and unique experience, especially if you'd already seen it in front of the castle but with HEA, there is no denying it's a much reduced experience.
Ah I didn't know they do projection only shows. Have never seen HEA with projections, only from behind the castle, which had none. At Disneyland I rarely ever end up seeing the fireworks from the front castle view, it's way too much hassle when you can watch it anywhere else in the park without issue.

I personally don't care for projections, it's silly they are such a major part of these shows now.

Even Disneyland turns main street into one big screen, which IMO is more silly than anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom