Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

You must have very good sick leave. Most people would experience impact to their employment and therefore income if they were dealing with months of symptoms. Given the US labor situation, the country can't afford people being unavailable or restricted in their availability or performance for even months.

The cognitive symptoms will be an interesting one to watch on top of the stamina issues. People could still be showing up, but the rate of mistakes and productivity could rear their heads. How many mistakes, and how serious of mistakes are you willing to tolerate from your employees, before you have to start thinking about options? How much slower can they work?
My business can run without me for more than a month.

Not counting investments etc I have a liquid emergency fund large enough to cover 1.5 years of living expenses without my family having to reduce their quality of life.

I have life insurance if covid killed me.

I call it personal responsibility.

Tay

I’m so sick of the CDC. Instead of being like we currently have a limited supply of masks and need them for our healthcare workers at this time, they lied and said they don’t do anything then back tracked and it’s been nothing but pure chaos since then. Dr. Fauci is a joke and needs to retire. The whole government is a joke. This is a clown show.

hopemax

Not counting investments etc I have a liquid emergency fund large enough to cover 1.5 years of living expenses without my family having to reduce their quality of life.

What happens to your employees!

KrzyKtty

I’m so sick of the CDC. Instead of being like we currently have a limited supply of masks and need them for our healthcare workers at this time, they lied and said they don’t do anything then back tracked and it’s been nothing but pure chaos since then. Dr. Fauci is a joke and needs to retire. The whole government is a joke. This is a clown show.
Are they really that limited in supply? I mean supply a year ago was an issue, not now. You can buy large boxes easily off amazon. Hell, come to SC, they are everywhere.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I hope Delta variant surge will be ending by Fall as October, by the way, is NJ will announcing NJ Transit will lift masks soon by September?

StarWarsGirl

Good for you, but not everyone can do that, especially young people who don't have a lot of savings, or who may be in their first job and don't qualify for FMLA, or who have student loans to pay off.

KrzyKtty

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I know I sound like a broken record. But I REALLY don't get why so many people hate masks so violently??? I mean they aren't fun, and are kind of annoying, but I don't get why there is such a strong visceral reaction?? I mean I hate sweating through all my shirts too, but you don't see me arguing to run around shirtless everywhere?? I don't know, it is just hard to imagine why it is really that big of an issue. I don't think they are really going to do a LOT, but I am willing to pay the piper if it saves one person.

I like that I can stop wearing makeup again at work lol. Just a bit of stuff on the eyes, and no one will know any different :hilarious:

mmascari

This announcement today was bizarre.

Doesn’t mean it won’t be enforced.

Just comes across as if the CDC doesn’t even believe what they themselves are saying.
It's only bizarre and sounds that way because you don't like the message.

They've been pretty consistent for many months now.

30% to 60% of people have been ignoring them. But, that's not the same thing.

This will likely be the same. Anyone using the honor system and ignoring that guidance isn't going to suddenly take this new guidance and change.

One real impact it might have though, people who do follow the guidance (who are also largely vaccinated) will have the community spread metrics brought to their attention. Before, we all have a tendency to assume everywhere is just like where we are. Now, those people will be reminded that everywhere is not just the same. If it wasn't already happening, I would expect this group to travel less to the areas of high spread. May not matter if others backfill for them. At least in the shorter term. Longer term if this never gets under control and is high spread forever, it'll start to show up as people avoid high spread areas.

Who wants to vacation where accident could land you in a ER hallway for hours because the hospital is full.

AEfx

giphy.gif

Trauma

It's only bizarre and sounds that way because you don't like the message.

They've been pretty consistent for many months now.

30% to 60% of people have been ignoring them. But, that's not the same thing.

This will likely be the same. Anyone using the honor system and ignoring that guidance isn't going to suddenly take this new guidance and change.

One real impact it might have though, people who do follow the guidance (who are also largely vaccinated) will have the community spread metrics brought to their attention. Before, we all have a tendency to assume everywhere is just like where we are. Now, those people will be reminded that everywhere is not just the same. If it wasn't already happening, I would expect this group to travel less to the areas of high spread. May not matter if others backfill for them. At least in the shorter term. Longer term if this never gets under control and is high spread forever, it'll start to show up as people avoid high spread areas.

Who wants to vacation where accident could land you in a ER hallway for hours because the hospital is full.
Did you just type the CDC has been pretty consistent for months now?

Ok 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom