Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilofan

Oddly enough, even though we live in a town with a gazillion miles of oceanfront beach...we avoid them because of all the tourists. We go to a small local pond that has multiple beaches around it, and we only go on weekdays, when there are way less people there. :)
Funny you mention that. A few who I know who live in Central FL all their lives avoid anything Disney and go elsewhere for enjoyment.

Trauma

This announcement today was very broad and not very confident and forceful like in the past. I'm wondering if most states and businesses will just quietly ignore this 'recommendation' and go about as business as usual. Stores like Publix for example had a company wide policy in the beginning in regards to masks and protocols. So now each Publix will have its own policy based on their location? What if a store is yellow one week but red the next? This vague announcement is going to make it difficult to decide what new policies should go into effect and even more problematic how to enforce it when certain areas are doing one thing and other areas another. Many more people this time will not be so respondent to this 'going backwards' Will be interesting to see how many states/counties/ businesses respond to this.
This announcement today was bizarre.

Doesn’t mean it won’t be enforced.

Just comes across as if the CDC doesn’t even believe what they themselves are saying.

Disney Analyst

It’s as if we are still in a pandemic and allowing a virus to run rampant can strain your hospital system which makes every other medical issue unrelated to Covid a challenge to get help with.

It’s almost as if mitigations can slow the spread and ease the strain on your hospital system.

Come on Florida, it’s not rocket science.

Trauma

Oceanfront condos that were constructed prior to 1980 in South Florida may have a drop in real estate value if you are looking for a deal.
My wife wants a house in Golden Oaks and I just don’t get it.

Im a huge Disney fan but I don’t want to live in some half abandoned town.

I know it would just be a vacation home but I need something that feels more apart of a community.

Lilofan

My wife wants a house in Golden Oaks and I just don’t get it.

Im a huge Disney fan but I don’t want to live in some half abandoned town.

I know it would just be a vacation home but I need something that feels more apart of a community.
One of the forum members @Benjamin_Nicholas has a home there. If you PM him he can tell you all things Golden Oak which is next to Port Orleans. Must be nice to view fireworks ( before covid ) nightly from your backyard and a daily shuttle to bring you to the parks whenever you want ( with an annual pass ).

KrzyKtty

Do companies with military contracts count in that requirement? o_O

Speaking of spread, our county is back up to an average of 5 cases a day, after weeks of less than 1 per day. This week is fair week, so we'll see how big of an impact that has come school start :(
"Contractors" are DOD/government employees who's companies work on military contracts. If you salary is paid for by a government contract, they you are a contractor. Example, SRC, SAIC, Boeing, Leidos, Lockheed Martin, Goodwill (yup.. Goodwill).

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No one thing does it.

It’s called layers of protection. Masks are part of those layers.
I get that. But that isn't what is in the updated guidelines from the CDC. And I really don't see anyone having the desire to add in additional mitigation efforts on top of masks at this point.

hopemax

Yeah they are counting people who’s symptoms lasted months.

Long covid to me would be symptoms lasting more than 1 year.
You must have very good sick leave. Most people would experience impact to their employment and therefore income if they were dealing with months of symptoms. Given the US labor situation, the country can't afford people being unavailable or restricted in their availability or performance for even months.

The cognitive symptoms will be an interesting one to watch on top of the stamina issues. People could still be showing up, but the rate of mistakes and productivity could rear their heads. How many mistakes, and how serious of mistakes are you willing to tolerate from your employees, before you have to start thinking about options? How much slower can they work?

DisneyDebRob

I would also like a breakdown of which symptoms in particular made up most of the long-haul symptoms. Well, really, not necessary. No one is going to use this info to change our path anyways...
Was just reading this article right before your request.. then saying don’t bother. Lol Here it is if you want to take a glance.

Tony the Tigger

That's pretty much the entire SE lol. It was all red.
But when we said that a few weeks ago, people took fits.
At this point, with vaccines able to protect against serious illness and death in those who want to protect themselves I support the rip off the band-aid approach and let the outbreak burn out naturally.
So you’re OK with accelerating the deaths of many people just because they’re stupid or easily led?

…for your convenience?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom