Orlando Becoming East Coast Headquarters for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products

flynnibus

Premium Member
I thought WDI was history already, just a few executives and a bunch of contract administrators to hire so called ‘creatives’. You dont think that Tony Baxter, Eddie Sotto and Joe Rohde really wanted to leave do you. But the Bob’s collectively ran them out of town.

Welcome back user!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
One exec in a company I worked for needed help for his admin assistant for many things technology.
I'm in leadership, but so far the execs for my current major corporate employer seem tech savvy enough. Then again, we're an engineering heavy business with major investments and products that compete in tech.

skypilot2922

On a clear night anyone in Central FL can see a launch. My favorite sighting was when I was in the middle of Hollywood Blvd at DHS in the early 2000s. At 8pm there was a sonic boom and the clear night sky lit up and the shuttle launched into space. Many on the street including me were clapping and cheering. Some fellow guests were even crying.
Ironically saw a launch from 35,000 ft when they were putting shuttle into a polar orbit, Was heading down to MCO on southwest and pilot called out that the shuttle could be seen out the port side windows it was at dusk so you could see the light from the engines and the smoke trail. It was amazing.

skypilot2922

They buy them in bulk.

you need to cuz they are junk cheaply made and overpriced no matter what level you are buying. Lenovo, Dell heck even Acer is a safer buy. Oh HP how you you have fallen from the greatest vertically integrated technology company to a purveyor of cheaply made overpriced PC’s and ink that 4 oz costs more than a ounce of gold.

Gave up HP printers when they put hard expiration dates on ink cartridges for our design jet large format printer. For each color the cartridge was 100 bucks. And since they were slow moving even staples etc had a hard time delivering a cartridge with more than six months usable life till expiration. If a large graphic arts vendor had come out with ink we would have used it. But since we were pantone matching we needed same color every time not cheap refills which are different

ImperfectPixie

you need to cuz they are junk cheaply made and overpriced no matter what level you are buying. Lenovo, Dell heck even Acer is a safer buy. Oh HP how you you have fallen from the greatest vertically integrated technology company to a purveyor of cheaply made overpriced PC’s and ink that 4 oz costs more than a ounce of gold.

Gave up HP printers when they put hard expiration dates on ink cartridges for our design jet large format printer. For each color the cartridge was 100 bucks. And since they were slow moving even staples etc had a hard time delivering a cartridge with more than six months usable life till expiration. If a large graphic arts vendor had come out with ink we would have used it. But since we were pantone matching we needed same color every time not cheap refills which are different
As far as printing goes, HP doesn't give a crap unless you're printing large format and high volume. In other words...you aren't buying your printing supplies at Staples because Staples doesn't carry them.

skypilot2922

As far as printing goes, HP doesn't give a crap unless you're printing large format and high volume. In other words...you aren't buying your printing supplies at Staples because Staples doesn't carry them.
We were printing large format E size on DesignJet printers but staples had the corporate office supply contract so all ink needed to be bought from them. And usually to make sure the numbers were shiny in the last quarter there was a purchasing freeze. So you ended up buying supplies in the beginning of the third quarter to ensure you had the stuff you needed for the 4’th quarter. See where expiring ink could be a problem here.

ImperfectPixie

We were printing large format E size on DesignJet printers but staples had the corporate office supply contract so all ink needed to be bought from them. And usually to make sure the numbers were shiny in the last quarter there was a purchasing freeze. So you ended up buying supplies in the beginning of the third quarter to ensure you had the stuff you needed for the 4’th quarter. See where expiring ink could be a problem here.
Oh, I absolutely get it. I ran into that with my last piddly desktop printer. I liked to keep backup cartridges on hand even though I don't really print a ton. I was livid when they made the switch...HP wants everyone to sign up for the monthly ink subscription. :mad:

I've run graphic design departments in both the printing and sign industries...I don't miss small format pantone matching for one-off clients at all. They were the worst - especially brides who had any design experience but zero knowledge of printing processes.

ETA: I DO miss having access to all the equipment. Especially the 72" eco-solvent printer/cutter.

Last edited:

jeanericuser001

That's a huge stretch.
Thats what she said. In all honesty its not that much of a stretch. There are a couple areas in florida so bad that many people who know these areas just try to pretend they are not in existence but they know they are there. Its sort of like when a tourist asks a local about places to visit in california they quickly change the conversation as soon as that person asks about visiting oakland. Its just places you do not want to visit nor do you advise others to do the same.

ImperfectPixie

Thats what she said. In all honesty its not that much of a stretch. There are a couple areas in florida so bad that many people who know these areas just try to pretend they are not in existence but they know they are there. Its sort of like when a tourist asks a local about places to visit in california they quickly change the conversation as soon as that person asks about visiting oakland. Its just places you do not want to visit nor do you advise others to do the same.
Every state has areas that are risky.

jeanericuser001

Every state has areas that are risky.
Hawaii has that? What do do they do? Throw rotten coconuts at you or flaming wreaths of flowers? Well there is tossing people in the volcano but Im not certain that is very common.....these days. It does make me wonder about alaska. Do they still use knives for shanks or just use an icicle instead.

ImperfectPixie

Hawaii has that? What do do they do? Throw rotten coconuts at you or flaming wreaths of flowers? Well there is tossing people in the volcano but Im not certain that is very common.....these days. It does make me wonder about alaska. Do they still use knives for shanks or just use an icicle instead.
I knew someone would do this. Sad that people are so desperate to prove that they know more than anyone else.

Apologies for being in a hurry at that moment and not typing "nearly".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom