News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otterhead

A relevant Delta/Covid update from political reporter Heather C. Richardson:
"Today, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, warned that the Delta variant “is one of the most infectious respiratory viruses we know of and that I have seen in my 20-year career.” Three states with lower vaccination rates, Florida, Texas, and Missouri, had 40 percent of all the nation’s cases. At a White House press conference, Jeff Zients, the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator, noted, “For the second week in a row, one in five of all cases [occurred] in Florida alone.

LaughingGravy

That floating Petri dish term is so inaccurate. Data has shown the opposite for years and years, and is unfair and hurtful to those who work in the industry.
It depends on the cruise line and specific ship practices, similar to any hotel or restaurant. I would love to go on a cruise again. I miss the buffets./unlimited food and the worry free, everything is taken care of aspects. It's a lovely vacation. But, we won't be comfortable doing so until we can be assured the entire crew and guests are vaccinated and fully immunized at this point. That may change. I would feel better if we had specifics on the most effective vaccine and that all mentioned were also vaccinated with it.
We'll see. I do keep checking cruise prices. It's on our mind.

GimpYancIent

That floating Petri dish term is so inaccurate. Data has shown the opposite for years and years, and is unfair and hurtful to those who work in the industry.
Actually its not inaccurate;
"CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide. That's because the chance of getting COVID-19 on cruise ships is high, since the virus appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships."
All too often the truth hurts.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Actually its not inaccurate;
"CDC recommends that all people avoid travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide. That's because the chance of getting COVID-19 on cruise ships is high, since the virus appears to spread more easily between people in close quarters aboard ships."
All too often the truth hurts.
I’m not speaking specifically about covid. The label pre-dates the pandemic.
Although there is an argument to be made that the cruise industry never was given the priority compared to other industries to show they can open effectively…at least until now.

spaldingclan

Does anyone have any stats on if the delta variant is as deadly as the other variants?

at some point we have to understand covid isn’t ever going away so we just have to manage it somehow or have better treatment to keep it less dangerous
my understanding is that its not necessarily more deadly, its just much easier to get it than other strains....the effectiveness of the MRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are about 85% effective at stopping hospitalization or death (versus 95% against the early variants). keep in mind, the yearly flu shot is normally only 40 to 50 percent effective against the regular flu...got give it up to these scientists

Otterhead

my understanding is that its not necessarily more deadly, its just much easier to get it than other strains....the effectiveness of the MRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are about 85% effective at stopping hospitalization or death (versus 95% against the early variants). keep in mind, the yearly flu shot is normally only 40 to 50 percent effective against the regular flu...got give it up to these scientists
Exactly-- it looks like Delta is about twice as easy to get as the 2020 strain. Masks are just as effective against it as Alpha. About 85% of the cases in the US are Delta now, and the vast majority of new cases are the unvaccinated. Many governors and health officials are pressing the CDC for a new mask mandate (some places never stopped, like Hawaii, and others have restarted, like LA) but as of this morning, they're still saying it's unnecessary.

LaughingGravy

A lot of us are really past the point of any sympathy for those willfully not being vaccinated with the exceptions of a lack of ability to get one, whatever that reason(s) may be, and there are many.
-Lack of access, including only having access to an inferior vaccine - even then, get something if possible.
-Someone in control preventing them from getting one, such as a parent or other guardian forbidding it for other than a medical reason
-Legitimate Medical reason
How many people have cell phones with internet access or access to the internet, newspapers, libraries, a hospital they can walk in, a doctor to see, or the ability to speak with other people...now, there's an interesting one.
Some only have the ability to speak with those in a circle of ignorance or misinformation.
That is sad, but in the US, we have the ability more than any other point in the history of the world to have access to multiple sources of information.
It is not equally horrible to say such things about white republicans, possibly the largest population ever with access to information and virtually no history of being exposed in any experiments to encourage any hesitancy.

Some are at least satisfied, if not happy (and some are) that it appears there is a cleansing of misinformation happening, that people who foolishly followed and believed stupid statements from a bunch of clear hypocrites (vaccinated who pushed false efficacy of covid vaccinations and the science behind them) are finally coming to reality and will hopefully question, research, and come to educated conclusions, besides actually learning things about what has kept them alive this long.
Unfortunately, it's taking the deaths of hundreds of thousands in this country alone as well as near deaths, and long term illnesses to start the process.

Last edited:

LaughingGravy

Does anyone have any stats on if the delta variant is as deadly as the other variants?

at some point we have to understand covid isn’t ever going away so we just have to manage it somehow or have better treatment to keep it less dangerous

hopefully we aren’t going back to masks because most won’t and many businesses won’t survive
There seem to be reports that people get sicker faster with the Delta variant. Not necessarily sicker, but faster equals less available response time. Many don't go to a doctor or the hospital when there are symptoms until it becomes unbearable. In that respect, quicker can be more deadly.

cjack300zx

I don't want to get too involved in this, but I just want to say that if someone doesn't trust something, that's entirely their choice - you can provide as much evidence as you like, but citizens have every right to be suspicious of the vaccine, especially with how much it's being pushed in our faces. Me being vaccinated doesn't help the entire country, only myself (if that.)

Since being vaccinated means you can still carry/transmit the disease, it ONLY benefits you, and no one else, so you shouldn't take it just so your loved ones can be safe, it's entirely your decision and only affects your life. And for that matter you're probably more likely to transmit it because if you've been vaccinated you may not be wearing a mask.

If you're like me and have already had the virus (I had a cough for 48-72 hours) I have no reason to fear Covid so I will not be taking the vaccine.

Is there anything wrong with being cautious of the vaccine or its side effects? Isn't being cautious what Covid is all about?
Vaccines are nothing new to this world and have been around for decades, we wiped measles off the map with vaccine and you probably got a few when you were a baby

Otterhead

If you're like me and have already had the virus (I had a cough for 48-72 hours) I have no reason to fear Covid so I will not be taking the vaccine.

Is there anything wrong with being cautious of the vaccine or its side effects? Isn't being cautious what Covid is all about?
Having had Covid does not make you immune. That's been proven false. Many people have gotten it multiple times, so it's really essential that you get vaccinated.

No, they won't "only benefit you". Latest studies show that they do a great job of preventing transmission.

Yes, there's a lot wrong with being cautious of the vaccines, since they've gone through rigorous testing and are being used worldwide without issue.

-My choice
Yes, it's your choice to risk your health and that of others. It's small minded, but it's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom