Travel Documents

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
After you book your resort, does WDW still mail out those little travel booklets that contain your reservation information and set forth your relevant dates for making ADRs, etc.?

MorphinePrince

After you book your resort, does WDW still mail out those little travel booklets that contain your reservation information and set forth your relevant dates for making ADRs, etc.?
Most of that information can be found on the app now. I recall in the past, we would get email reminders about pertinent dates for our trip; but I don't recall getting any for our last two.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Definitely got on when I booked my July 2019 trip back in December 2018 and that was the last time I went.
I booked in late March for next month and I never did get one of those booklets.
I have however been bombarded with emails wanting me to book dining and buy park tickets. I know they are just generic but its like hello I booked a package that included tickets and I already booked my dining so why continue to send me these emails...

Ghostdog

Here’s a snapshot of what came in the mail, the typical vouchers and luggage tags…followed by a few emails with things to do in the parks over the last two weeks.
7B5ABB30-FDDF-43ED-A529-2C222E3B7C66.jpeg

9617DA61-3816-467F-9367-5410CBF7FDB3.jpeg

G00fyDad

All I got what an envelope with the same information found on the MDE site under My Plans. I still haven't gotten our luggage tags. :(

DisneyJoe

The decorative luggage tags (Mickey, Minnie etc) used to be in with the free magicbands or in that folder above, but they rarely send those folders anymore. Many blogs posted stories on 12/29/2020 that "Disney has just announced that beginning January 1st, 2021, free souvenir luggage tags will no longer be mailed to Disney World Resort guests’ homes prior to their arrival in Disney World."

Disney's Magical Express stopped sending the yellow luggage tags last year, since when everything opened in July 2020, DME was not handling luggage, you had to claim it yourself at baggage claim and take it to the DME bus. They were then sending a single sheet of DME instructions, but that stopped on July 1 2021.

G00fyDad

The decorative luggage tags (Mickey, Minnie etc) used to be in with the free magicbands or in that folder above, but they rarely send those folders anymore. Many blogs posted stories on 12/29/2020 that "Disney has just announced that beginning January 1st, 2021, free souvenir luggage tags will no longer be mailed to Disney World Resort guests’ homes prior to their arrival in Disney World."

Disney's Magical Express stopped sending the yellow luggage tags last year, since when everything opened in July 2020, DME was not handling luggage, you had to claim it yourself at baggage claim and take it to the DME bus. They were then sending a single sheet of DME instructions, but that stopped on July 1 2021.

That is a let down. :( They told me when I booked that luggage tags (among a bunch off other information she was telling me) would be coming to my house.

Oh well, eBay here I come!

MickeyLuv'r

That is a let down. :( They told me when I booked that luggage tags (among a bunch off other information she was telling me) would be coming to my house.

Oh well, eBay here I come!
It depends a little if you have a "WDW travel package" or a "room only" reservation. If you have to pay in full 30day before arrival= package, and you should get tags.

If you paid a 1 night deposit, and can cancel with full refund until 5 nights before arrival, then = "room only," and no tags.

BUT- WDTC sells something that is called a basic package. Even though the basic package doesn't include anything other than the hotel room, it still falls under the package rules. CM's lean towards selling packages. To get a room only reservation, you usually have to be very specific when booking.

G00fyDad

It depends a little if you have a "WDW travel package" or a "room only" reservation. If you have to pay in full 30day before arrival= package, and you should get tags.

If you paid a 1 night deposit, and can cancel with full refund until 5 nights before arrival, then = "room only," and no tags.

BUT- WDTC sells something that is called a basic package. Even though the basic package doesn't include anything other than the hotel room, it still falls under the package rules. CM's lean towards selling packages. To get a room only reservation, you usually have to be very specific when booking.
I remember the days when they used to give you all kinds of freebies for booking a package. One time we had free passes to Disney quest for one day, a free round of golf at one of the mini golf locations, luggage tags, and a whole host of other things free. I miss that.

MickeyLuv'r

I remember the days when they used to give you all kinds of freebies for booking a package. One time we had free passes to Disney quest for one day, a free round of golf at one of the mini golf locations, luggage tags, and a whole host of other things free. I miss that.
I think the current packages still include the mini-golf coupon, but I remember when they came with a bunch of coupons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom