Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
The people Disney is trying to appease will always find a problem no matter what. Once all the attractions currently on the “problematic” list are taken care of, they’ll look for something else to gripe at.
Nothing new, people will take issue with anything in life. The removal of Splash hasn’t somehow created this. Again, the Tiki Room debate is an old one.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Yep. I could see them rerecord the show in the future.
I could see it happening as well. And if so, then it is what it is. We may not like it, but Disneyland is always going to see changes, no matter if it’s the original park or not. People can either suck it up and keep giving Disney their money or stop going.

Getting upset over people bringing up these topics for conversation is pointless. Who cares? There are way more ridiculous conversations that people are having.

This isn’t the first time someone has pondered something and thought about the possible repercussions. To think the removal of Splash somehow did this is laughable and false.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

The funnier thing to me is the delusions of grandeur people have when given a social media platform.

I mean as soon as I saw his goatee I just knew clearly the man is an expert on the fine arts of Audio Animatronic bird comedy and it’s perverse contributions to racism and xenophobia throughout the 20th/21st century.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20210720-112733_Instagram.jpg

mickEblu

Sounds like they re not keeping it set primarily in the bayou/ country. Not good. Aesthetically not keeping in line with the spirit/ sets in Splash and also means more work necessary meaning more chance to screw it up. Splashing into the mountain and landing on the streets of New Orleans sounds like all kinds of bad. Esp when one is done giving WDI the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

So in other words one of the Imagineers who works remotely in New Orleans FaceTimed them while they walked through the city? 😂

In all seriousness sounds like it could be an exciting project. As long as it’s actually budgeted appropriately for attraction of its scale this hopefully will be a significant refresh. They need to take their time.

Brer Panther

Sounds like they re not keeping it set primarily in the bayou/ country. Not good. Aesthetically not keeping in line with the spirit/ sets in Splash and also means more work necessary meaning more chance to screw it up. Splashing into the mountain and landing on the streets of New Orleans sounds like all kinds of bad. Esp when one is done giving WDI the benefit of the doubt.
It's going to be completely out of place having the streets of New Orleans with a bunch of people around in CRITTER Country. Can this stupid project just get the axe already?

smooch

It’s actually very healthy and nice to take mental breaks from this place, especially since tensions have risen ever since the pandemic started. I’ve taken a few breaks, one of them lasting what seemed to be months. Like you, I don’t tell everyone here that I’m going to take a break. I just do.

I too don’t think I’ll ever permanently leave. But folks are free to do as they please. Instead of making empty threats about leaving to garner attention, especially since few, if no one, will care, just take a break or just stop lying to yourself. There will be new users replacing those who’ve left.🤷🏾‍♀️
I remember taking a break at the beginning of this year, sort of unintentionally and not because I was getting worked up on here about Disney or other members, I just took a break from this site and some social media cause of a lot of personal reasons adding up at once. It definitely made coming back more entertaining and engaging and let me focus on real life / more important things. A break every once in a while helps you keep a healthy perspective on things.

Brer Panther

I mean, wasn't one of the most popular reasons I've seen for justifying the retheme is that they can keep the bayou sets? Wouldn't tearing out the bayou sets and replacing them with the streets of New Orleans be incredibly expensive?

And why the heck would logs be floating down the street of New Orleans? Nothing about this makes sense...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom