Day of week for each park? Help needed!

Dennman

For 2022, Reserved our package for Nov 30th- Dec 6th.
Have never had to do park reservations before. Checked multiple sites for advice on which park/which day, and most have totally different answers.
I know the pandemic changed everything, but anyone have sound advice, or know which sites are the most accurate?
We will be there Wed-Tues and already planned Saturday as a resort/rest day.
499 days and counting!

Hcalvert

In the past, avoiding MK on Monday was always recommended since that is often people's first park day and a lot want to go to MK first. I would avoid HWS on weekends. I have no scientific data on that---only personal experience that the park seems a lot busier on weekends (tbh, it always seems busy anymore as well as MK too, but at least it is more spread out and not so claustrophobic).

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

For the last several years, I don't think it really matters anymore. I have found that there really is not a "good" day of the week for any given park. You might get lucky and a good chunk of people are in another park and yours is slower. But there is no pattern anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

For 2022, Reserved our package for Nov 30th- Dec 6th.
Have never had to do park reservations before. Checked multiple sites for advice on which park/which day, and most have totally different answers.
I know the pandemic changed everything, but anyone have sound advice, or know which sites are the most accurate?
We will be there Wed-Tues and already planned Saturday as a resort/rest day.
499 days and counting!

It wasn't "official" before but now it is -- you'll be there during the Epcot Festival of the Holidays. Probably not as bad as the food and wine festival but the festivals tend to be be more crowded on weekends. Of course, that's almost every weekend of the year now.

Upvote 0

jimbojones

A few years back Disney used to make crowd information available on their website but no longer. I have found dads guide to wdw , https://dadsguidetowdw.com/crowds.html
to be relatively accurate for our trips but as others have said historical patterns don't mean much now,with the pandemic and just overall social changes with regard to work schedules and what not the patterns are constantly evolving to the point that I am taking everything with a huge grain of salt at the moment when it comes to disney planning. This is also an overall tough summer for travel, everything is booked up all over the places with record crowds combined with short staffing levels at tourist destinations.

10-15 years ago low season at disney meant 10-15 minute waits on nearly all rides and we'd get room upgrades everytime we went. There was also a very clear pattern to crowds across the parks during the course of the week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom