You're not a 'Disney World Veteran' until you've done the following...........

mergatroid

Original Poster
Done more than 12 hours in a park on the same day.
Eaten a meal leaning on the top of a trash can on a busy Summer's day.
Had a stranger get far too close to you whilst watching a parade or the fireworks (sometimes good, depending on their gender and looks).
Have a meal in the park and not finish your beverage. 10 mins after leaving and being in the sun, regretting not finishing that ice cold beverage.
Had a nap in Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents or on the people mover.
Tried a dole whip (I don't like them I discovered after trying one, but I tried).
Been soaked down to your underwear after being caught in a tropical storm.

Any more?

Just to clarify, it's just a bit of fun. You can be a veteran and not do all of the above, but you probably can identify with many of them.

Goofyernmost

I often fell asleep on the early Universe of Energy. (1.0)
Never had a Dole Whip cone but have had many Dole Whip Floats. Love me some pineapple.
Wandered through the Streets of America and wondered why the hell am I looking so interestedly at fake front wall structures and cardboard cutouts like they where real.
Road the Peoplemover over and over without ever getting off. (same with SSE)
Made it a point to always have one Mickey Bar every day.
Sat amazed at the mechanics of the American Adventure and how it worked so flawlessly.
Rode the Epcot Monorail round trip without getting off.
Hardly ever rode Small World because all it took was walking past it to have the song stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
Rode the Tower of Terror for the preshow and the ride, but hated the drop sequence.
Sung along with "Blood on the Saddle" at Country Bears Jamboree.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
You're not a WDW vet until you rode Summit Plummet more than once. And we all know Summit Plummet isn't for the faint of heart.
The worst part is actually the upper staircase when it starts to feel very high. At least at the top you can't see as much before you push off, but on the staircase it feels worse. Also on the platform at the top you really don't want to be 'that guy' who changes his or her mind and does the walk of shame. All I'll say is I'm glad there's running water on the way down 😉

The_Jobu

Get clipped by a stroller/scooter
Steal a cucumber
Eat way too much at a breakfast buffet
Wear a special occasion button
Get caught in a 10 minute rainstorm and refuse to buy an umbrella or poncho
Get depressed over a ride that no longer exists
Wait in a queue without knowing what the line is actually for
Have a bus driver tell you a insider super-secret
Mentally justify paying $10 for 2 egg rolls

Stellajack

Premium Member
Have done all except the trash can tabletop! In addition, was stranded on Test Track on 3 separate trips.
Spent several afternoons in Epcot enjoying the British Invasion!
Waited in World Showcase following Illuminations:ROE for the crowd to dissipate before boarding whichever bus was available for us to
make connections to resort. (The bonus was being able to listen to "We Go On" followed by Tapestry of Nations music.)

Raineman

-Been witness to more than one verbal/physical altercation in the line for a bus back to the resort at MK after the fireworks
-Been angry/disappointed when a food/drink item that was a go-to was removed
-Seen your millionth set of "X Family Disney Vacation 20xx" shirts while walking around the parks
-Gotten permanent spinal damage from Space Mountain and/or the seats on the PoTC/IASW boats
-Forced multiple cups of Beverly down your throat during every visit, even though you know you'll feel like vomiting for the next 30 minutes
-Walked all the way to the back of Dinoland USA just to ride Dinosaur, then left the area
-Wore a hoodie to rope drop, then took it off and was sweating profusely by 1:00 pm
-Booked a breakfast ADR at BOG just so you could walk through an empty MK
-Casually listened in on an interesting conversation going on behind you/in front of you in a queue
-Wondered how many times you have to ride your favourite attraction before you get evac'ed and get to walk through the attraction/backstage

JIMINYCR

Chowed down on a turkey leg. And have a couple dozen napkins at the ready to clean off the residue.
Can tell anyone where each snack cart is in every land and park and which has any snack they are looking for.
Knows where the nearest rest room is from where you happen to be standing at any moment.
Understands the DDP, MDE, how to book virtual groups and mobile orders.
Knows the shortest path from any point A to any point B in any park.
Can move quickly and efficiently to the park exit through any crowds as the parks close.
Can name all the countries in EP in order going left or right.
Has a dozen WDW sites in prominent positions on their phones and refers to them daily.
Can name the extinct rides and shows and can describe their queues and how the attractions operated.
Has a wish list prepared for their next trips agenda which Includes dining, attractions, merchandise and off site visits.
Can pack a WDW trip suitcase with their eyes closed and not miss having an essential item missing.

jpinkc

Had you, child or significant other Toss their cookies on a ride....... (yes i know Disney rides arent that aggressive) and not from being drunk.

Pepper's Ghost

For me, WDW isn't WDW until I've done all the following. This is of course aside from riding all the rides I like. These are just more obscure stuff that makes Disney what it is:
  • Ride both PeopleMover and SSE multiple times
  • Eat and hang out at the Columbia Harbour House several times
  • People-watch for long periods of time absorbing the atmosphere outside the PotC, in Liberty Square, on Main St., in Tomorrow Land, and on Sunset Blvd.
  • Browse/shop in Morocco. Don't know why, but I like to lose myself in that pavilion
  • Just walking around Animal Kingdom in general
  • Ride DME (soon to be RIP)
  • Watch Wishes (RIP)

keyframe

I know people who did this and never understood why. You might as well take your time and enjoy 1 park per day considering how much money you're spending to be there. lol
It really depends on your priorities. Running the parks solo with a mission and a focus on rides, it was a fantastic day. In my case, it began with rope drop at MK and ended with a fairly quiet evening in AK. I did everything I set out to do that day, had an absolute blast, and even had time to take in few shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom