News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Some night's would go to 1AM, some morning's open at 8AM on other days, etc. Hours were static everyday in other words.
Here’s EPCOT for same date and years. No variance whatsoever. 9-9 every year.

Attachments

• 35F35446-8B21-4FB2-B59F-3C852F2D185E.jpeg
    35F35446-8B21-4FB2-B59F-3C852F2D185E.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 54
I'm personally not even talking about EMH. I'm talking about regular park operating hours.
Then you have pretty much been getting the same value for you ticket through the years as far as operating hours go. Unless you want to say you have been paying much more for the same hours, then I’m on board and you have a point😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then you have pretty much been getting the same value for you ticket through the years as far as operating hours go. Unless you want to say you have been paying much more for the same hours, then I’m on board and you have a point😉
Hard to talk about “value” while specifically not allowing discussion of 💸💰
We've been paying more for LESS hours.
That’s hard to argue. Price increase well beyond inflation + excuses
Try looking at a regular park day, not around a holiday.
Across the board…

Disney isn’t gonna send you cash for carrying their routine in a bucket here…

ImperfectPixie

Hard to talk about “value” while specifically not allowing discussion of 💸💰

That’s hard to argue. Price increase well beyond inflation + excuses

Across the board…

Disney isn’t gonna send you cash for carrying their routine in a bucket here…
Chapek is the equivalent of a third generation heir who runs great-grandpa's business into the ground.

Myhotdoughnuts

I would like to see them bring back the evening EMH for those staying at a Disney hotel only. I don't think that the good neighbor hotels should be included in that perk.
I agree with you. The good neighbor hotels never should have had the EMH hours benefit extended to their guests. One thing that might could happen is that the EMH benefit gets phased back in to the other Disney "Inside the Bubble" resorts. Starting with the deluxe, then moderates, and finally value resorts. After our most recent trip to WDW, I would take EMH hours ahead of Fast Passes. It was a much different experience being back at the resort prior to 11 pm or midnight each evening.

Last edited:

EeyoreFan#24

I apologize if someone mentioned this already, but looking at the layout of deluxe properties, it appears that about 90% of them are connected by waking trails, skylines, monorail, or boat to a adjacent park. So the only time they need full bus staffing is AK. The rest, in theory should be covered mostly by alternate modes, with only busses filling the gaps like during the day. There was only 3 that was independent of all parks. I wonder if the bus situation played a part. It looks like a “perk” but also covers for crowds they can’t support yet.

doctornick

So, has anyone being able to determine how long the evening time will last? Given how few guests it will apply to, I wouldn't be surprised if it is only 1 hour. If it is not for long, it will really impact some rides like FoP will might use most of the time just accommodating the "regular" riders who get in line right before closing.

Separate aside, will the morning Early Entry allow for people to ride RotR? Probably not, but it otherwise means that the ride won't even be open during that time which would be unfortunate as it could use longer hours of running to process as many guests as possible.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I apologize if someone mentioned this already, but looking at the layout of deluxe properties, it appears that about 90% of them are connected by waking trails, skylines, monorail, or boat to a adjacent park. So the only time they need full bus staffing is AK. The rest, in theory should be covered mostly by alternate modes, with only busses filling the gaps like during the day. There was only 3 that was independent of all parks. I wonder if the bus situation played a part. It looks like a “perk” but also covers for crowds they can’t support yet.
I don’t think you can get anywhere except via bus from Saratoga or Old Key West, either (besides Disney Springs, which doesn’t help much in this scenario).

Ayla

This is just bonkers. In every walk of life if you pay more for something, you tend to get more. That’s how it works. The cries of equity and fairness do not hold water in this situation. The people that stay in the deluxe hotels are paying more. Disney has decided to give them more for their money. Which is what people have been clamoring about on these boards forever. Now, I would agree with these equity and fairness arguments if Disney was shutting the parks early and kicking everyone out, so as to reduce the time others got in the parks. That does not seem to be the case here. Disney doesn’t owe anyone anything. It gets ridiculous around here. Everything is negative. Disney is far from perfect but not everything they do is bad and out to screw you. And if you think it isn’t fair don’t go. There are many other lovely places in the world to explore.

Edit: I know this used to be a perk pre covid. But I see this as more of a perk now because of the greatly reduced number of people who will be in the parks.
Everyone is (used to be) equal at the parks. It doesn't matter where you're staying or where you live, everyone has the same access as long as you have a park ticket.

You pay more for amenities ~ at your resort. That's where it should end.

Once again, WDW makes an obvious disgusting money grab and some people cheer.

(My trips are split equally between mod and deluxe, so it may benefit me at some point. I still think it's disgusting and not at all in the spirit of WDW).

G00fyDad

I agree with you. The good neighbor hotels never should have had the EMH hours benefit extended to their guests. One thing that might could happen is that the EMH benefit gets phased back in to the other Disney "Inside the Bubble" resorts. Starting with the deluxe, then moderates, and finally value resorts. After our most recent trip to WDW, I would take EMH hours ahead of Fast Passes. It was a much different experience being back at the resort prior to 11 pm or midnight each evening.

I agree with this. I think the reason Disney is doing this with the Deluxe resorts right now is because they are having a hard time filling them up. Once they get back on track with that then I am hoping they open this back up to all "on-site" guests.

Goofnut1980

I agree with this. I think the reason Disney is doing this with the Deluxe resorts right now is because they are having a hard time filling them up. Once they get back on track with that then I am hoping they open this back up to all "on-site" guests.
I would also think based on their tracking with the magicbands, they may have seen which guests spend higher amounts in the parks which means more money for them. I am just speculating, but they gave us magicbands for a reason.

I wonder how DVC will be mixed into this because they are at deluxe resorts.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would also think based on their tracking with the magicbands, they may have seen which guests spend higher amounts in the parks which means more money for them. I am just speculating, but they gave us magicbands for a reason.

I wonder how DVC will be mixed into this because they are at deluxe resorts.

DVC is already included. There would be riots if they weren’t. And that’s not a joke.

jaklgreen

They do still have to bus some of the DVC resort(SSR,OKW) people back. But that is minor. I am glad that they did include DVC in this.

Jrb1979

I highly doubt it will happen. The peasant resorts will get a few FP instead.

It amazes me the amount of cheering that goes on for these perks that used to be available to everyone.

Chip Chipperson

I don’t think you can get anywhere except via bus from Saratoga or Old Key West, either (besides Disney Springs, which doesn’t help much in this scenario).

That is true - and the boats to Disney Springs aren't running right now (I'm not sure if the walking path from Saratoga to DS is open). I've stayed at OKW twice - the first time without a car and the second time with a car. My wife and I hated it without a car because the resort is so big but loved it with a car.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

How would someone staying at WL get to HS? Or Beach Club to MK? Or AKL to Epcot? Park hopping? Busses are needed in significant numbers, unless someone comes up with a cheaper alternative that can service all resorts to all resort destinations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom