Trip Report **COMPLETED** A Boardwalk Babymoon

Hey guys! I have been back for awhile and to be honest I was not planning on writing a Trip Report because I have a lot going on right now. However, I was looking through all my pictures the other day feeling a little sad about not writing one. So...here we are! To be honest this was a long trip so this is probably going to take me forever to write (especially since I have a few trips coming up) :)

Ok...let's get down to it !

Who?
My Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and myself (Megan)
This is from our last trip together in Feb 2020
B01111DF-1BFF-4B69-9A13-AFD2F4DE6906.jpeg

When?
May 20-30, 2021

Where?
Boardwalk Villas - staying on DVC points!

Why?
Jill and her husband Nick adopted a baby! If she is ok with it I will post a photo at some point of him. Funny enough we planned this trip before they got matched with a baby! They have been going through the adoption process for over a year and we thought it would give her a boost if we gifted her this trip! Literally like 2 weeks after we officially added her to the trip she got the call! It was perfect timing!! The baby was born just last week :) Also side note my Mom and I were supposed to be in Disneyland/on an Adventures by Disney tour this trip which is why it was so long :)

Day 1 - May 20, 2021
My Mom stayed at my house so we could drive ourselves to the airport instead of waking my Dad up super early on a Thursday.
We got up at 3:30 am, got ready and headed out the door!
We made it to the airport and found the best parking spot! I was so happy ! It was our first time driving ourselves to the airport :hilarious:
I avoided an overweight suitcase thanks to a home scale so.....phew!
Took some photos when we got there!
5CAFE456-CA26-4B73-9437-56714D6C597D.jpeg

DC037E6D-2378-44DA-98AB-0C40E9EA0EC1.jpeg

249E834C-8D7D-4D75-93EE-DB258687645A.jpeg

tempImage4w0LgG.jpg

Oh I should mention that Jill came a few days later!
We were starving so we tried to rope drop our usual breakfast place...
tempImagep7S4L3.jpg

But...it was supposed to open at 5 and it did not so we ended up eating cookies and licorice :hilarious::hilarious:
tempImagent7sFd.jpg

966AF3B7-F068-4C22-A59C-FAB265457FE1.jpeg

New sparkle Magic Bands
tempImageB1n1dY.jpg

Plane selfie !
tempImagebdmzJR.jpg

Next up: more traveling !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
tempImageQxbISP.jpg

tempImageCS5qSx.jpg

We headed to Alien Swirling Saucers next
tempImagehUeCGr.jpg

I spy Slinky from the line ...
tempImagennrjce.jpg

It was listed as a 30 minute wait but we waited 20 :)
tempImageJMBgrR.jpg

tempImageHG23lL.jpg

Then we headed to Backlot Express for lunch! It was an early lunch at 11:00 am :hilarious:
We had chicken tenders, fries, plastic cheese and this cute paint can cake!
tempImageoIoHYY.jpg

tempImage1cjPVO.jpg

I'm sure my Mom will be thrilled I am including this photo :joyfull:
tempImagesCCuYp.jpg

After our lunch we were close to the Boarding Group time so we did not want to stray too far. So...we hopped in the Vacation Fun (the Mickey short) line!
tempImagevu835D.jpg

Next up: more DHS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
The cake place from the Contemporary actually called me back while we were in line. It was SO loud though (thanks to a calvacade going by) so the girl had a hard time hearing me. At one point I kept saying no I mean THEEEEEE (like think old time English way of saying the). So then naturally I freaked out that what we were writing on the cake would say thee. I honestly could not let it go :hilarious:. I texted @sheriffwoody about this too :hilarious:
tempImageoIJIxe.jpg

Anyway our BG got called just as we walked out ...perfect timing !
8A691B70-7200-4D37-9DE1-BA5B70A40454.png

tempImagehOMaeD.jpg

tempImageAhoy10.jpg

tempImageVoyc0f.jpg

tempImager3v7w4.jpg

tempImageNhHRkA.jpg

tempImagebmWKHL.jpg

tempImageh7MVZC.jpg

tempImage4qDfXc.jpg

Next up: more DHS

slipperalwaysfits

I love the DVC rugs :)
Yes! Every time I see the rug, a sign, anything, I get so excited that we made the choice to become DVC members. :geek: :geek: Space, location, luxury resorts...
I'm sure my Mom will be thrilled I am including this photo
AAaaaaawwwwwwwwww, there are so many cute photos of you both from Hollywood Studios---you sure got a lot done in a short time!

It's so fun to listen in on other conversations around the parks, sorry the one you overheard was full of people who weren't believers in the Disney magic!

Also, if a cake said "thee" it would be pretty cute... and a funny story for someday!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: I remember you talking about those people in line. And THEE cake! ha!

You were really my therapist this trip :hilarious:

Yes! Every time I see the rug, a sign, anything, I get so excited that we made the choice to become DVC members. :geek: :geek: Space, location, luxury resorts...

AAaaaaawwwwwwwwww, there are so many cute photos of you both from Hollywood Studios---you sure got a lot done in a short time!

It's so fun to listen in on other conversations around the parks, sorry the one you overheard was full of people who weren't believers in the Disney magic!

Also, if a cake said "thee" it would be pretty cute... and a funny story for someday!

We did get a ton done !!! I know in hindsight "thee" probably would have been fine !

slipperalwaysfits

Aaaawwwwwwww, I love your jumping pic!

I MUST remember to check out Gertie's footprints this time. I love Gertie but forget that we can see her footprints all over!

Mama Melrose's is one of my favorite restaurants on property--I love the atmosphere and the bread with the dipping sauce is amazing!

Also, what flip flops do you and your mom wear? To walk from Boardwalk to HS and then in the parks with those shoes is impressive! I'm always looking for quality flip flops that will hold up in the parks!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
tempImagewQNvk3.jpg

I got the Strip Steak (as per usual) with the Four-Cheese Macaroni
tempImageM75xpn.jpg

My Mom got the spaghetti and meatballs
tempImageSiSzCa.jpg

Yum! Everything was delicious !!!
After our dinner we were able to sneak in the Slinky Dog line before the park officially closed!
6AF20A13-8D46-450D-8A4B-ECFA659D60E7.jpeg

0BA17F9B-D237-47D0-ADA6-0E5A5D759A12.jpeg

In the end we waited about 30 minutes. Ride number 2 for the trip!
tempImageVBsNS1.jpg

FFB66BC6-3260-46AF-9EF9-5A747CC3A6C6.jpeg

Then we walked home...
28FE5684-4DE1-4742-9D6A-87B3D8A97C26.jpeg

5BFB6CA3-81FB-401C-AC47-27AEE882CF7A_1_201_a.jpeg

2FE60D10-BD1B-4325-A6C2-E6E7B0E458D7.jpeg

Next up: Day 3!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Aaaawwwwwwww, I love your jumping pic!

I MUST remember to check out Gertie's footprints this time. I love Gertie but forget that we can see her footprints all over!

Mama Melrose's is one of my favorite restaurants on property--I love the atmosphere and the bread with the dipping sauce is amazing!

Also, what flip flops do you and your mom wear? To walk from Boardwalk to HS and then in the parks with those shoes is impressive! I'm always looking for quality flip flops that will hold up in the parks!

I honestly never noticed Gertie's footprints until this trip!
I love Mama's too!
We wear flip flops from Kohl's I think they are called SO

lindawdw

I was so thrilled to see that you were writing another TR!!! Congratulations to your sister and BIL on the new baby. Ezra is absolutely precious. 😍 I know I've said this to you before but you and your mom are so adorable together. You outfits are so cute too! Glad you were able to get the quiet pool view at BWV as the balcony on that side is definitely more quiet in the afternoon than the main pool. I think I'm going to switch to that side on our next stay there! Your meals at Mama Melrose looked delicious. You certainly got a lot done so far on this trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom