Purchased 3 Day Passes - what now?

pbrsaau

I am a long time Disney veteran - been on so many WDW and DL trips I can't remember how many. We're going to Kissimmee this October 23-30. Staying offsite at a condo in Kissimmee. Just purchased 3 Day passes for me and family (5 in all). Received an email with bar code - but directions are as clear as mud. Says to use Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand or card linked to your Disney account to enter.

The Magic Bands I have are 2+ years old now (not even sure I have 5). How would I know if those work or not? Is MagicMobile pass the Disney app? No idea what card they are referring to.

They don't mail passes any longer, correct?

I did make reservations for the three parks/days we'll be going - so that is set.

Thanks in advance for any info.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I am a long time Disney veteran - been on so many WDW and DL trips I can't remember how many. We're going to Kissimmee this October 23-30. Staying offsite at a condo in Kissimmee. Just purchased 3 Day passes for me and family (5 in all). Received an email with bar code - but directions are as clear as mud. Says to use Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand or card linked to your Disney account to enter.

The Magic Bands I have are 2+ years old now (not even sure I have 5). How would I know if those work or not? Is MagicMobile pass the Disney app? No idea what card they are referring to.

They don't mail passes any longer, correct?

I did make reservations for the three parks/days we'll be going - so that is set.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I would start by going on to your MDE account and see if your bands still show as active. If you don't have an account create one and link your tickets.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The app that you use to manage tickets and MagicBands, do onsite hotel check-in, make dining reservations, mobile-order food, join the queue for Rise of the Resistance, etc. is My Disney Experience, a/k/a "MDE."

"MagicMobile" is an optional tool that you can activate within the MDE app that allows you to use your phone for some functions previously reserved for MagicBands and Key To The World cards, such as park entry and Photopass. (You'll see it on the app's menu.)

If your MagicBands are 2 years old, they'll work just fine for park entry and other functions, so long as they're [still] linked to your MDE account. The only thing old MagicBands may not be able to do (that is, the only battery-dependent function they have) is to send and receive signals to the on-ride cameras, so if you've purchased MemoryMaker, you can't rely on them to trigger the addition of on-ride photos to your account.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I assume the tickets are linked since OP says he made park reservations.

First of all, check MDE and see if there are active magic bands showing for everyone. If there are, and you can find them (you can check the serial numbers) then you can use those. They might not work for on-ride videos, but everything else should be good.

You can pick up cards to use as tickets at Guest Services or ticket windows before entering any park, or at Disney Springs.

Or you can use Magic Mobile by using the app on your smart phone. You can use it for your whole party on just one phone if you want to.

You’ll want to have a look at the app to see how mobile ordering works for QS dining. And also how to use it to try for a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance if you’ll be doing that.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If you were able to make park pass reservations then they are linked to your account.

You can choose to use old magic bands (they will always work for touch points), you can get a plastic ticket at will call, or you can use your mobile device via the MDE app or certain smart watches to access your ticket to enter.

Upvote 0

pbrsaau

Original Poster
If you were able to make park pass reservations then they are linked to your account.

You can choose to use old magic bands (they will always work for touch points), you can get a plastic ticket at will call, or you can use your mobile device via the MDE app or certain smart watches to access your ticket to enter.
So, I see my magic bands in MDE - if I just use those magic bands do I need to 'link' my tickets to those magic bands or no - it is just automatic?

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

So, I see my magic bands in MDE - if I just use those magic bands do I need to 'link' my tickets to those magic bands or no - it is just automatic?
It's automatic. The ticket isn't assigned to the magic band itself, it's assigned to the person. The magic band basically then looks at the person's account/profile to see what tickets/affiliations they have.

NOTE: magic bands will only work for the person they are assigned to and cannot be reassigned. Not sure if all the "my" used is meaning that only you have magic bands or not. If that is the case, they will not work for the other 4 people in your party. They will have to have had their own assigned to their profile.

Upvote 0

pbrsaau

Original Poster
It's automatic. The ticket isn't assigned to the magic band itself, it's assigned to the person. The magic band basically then looks at the person's account/profile to see what tickets/affiliations they have.

NOTE: magic bands will only work for the person they are assigned to and cannot be reassigned. Not sure if all the "my" used is meaning that only you have magic bands or not. If that is the case, they will not work for the other 4 people in your party. They will have to have had their own assigned to their profile.
Sure - makes sense - we'll have to look around the house and see if we still have the other four family member's bands. Thanks for the clarification!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom