The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Cmdr_Crimson

They better be doing a fun Anniversary tv special compared to the atrocious Disneyland 60th special that made it more like an award show and people getting urked as they never stepped foot into the park for the special..But, then again will probably see it as a special where they put on musical guests and Olivia Rodrigo can butcher Disney songs like the holiday specials...:banghead:

brb1006

They better be doing a fun Anniversary tv special compared to the atrocious Disneyland 60th special that made it more like an award show and people getting urked as they never stepped foot into the park for the special..But, then again will probably see it as a special where they put on musical guests and Olivia Rodrigo can butcher Disney songs like the holiday specials...:banghead:
The last time Disney put genuine effort into their anniversary tv specials was for WDW's 25th Anniversary (I believe they created two specials between 1996 and 1997). The Eisner era of Disney really went all out compared to the Iger/Chapek era.

TTA94

Can Disneyland please keep "Magic Happens" and Paint The Night?

I would say are any of those floats actually capable of being packed up and shipped without having to do significant work? However it’s been done before when Disney shipped over some daytime floats to WDW for Festival of Fantasy.

doctornick

I’m confused why their doing a daytime show at DAK, which there isn’t anything wrong with that, but what DAK really needs a show to keep the park open late? Especially to balance out crowds from MK and Epcot.

Why not both?

I think DAK actually definitely needs some larger scale daytime entertainment and a parade doesn't work well, so this looks like a neat use of the existing amphitheater. Curious as to the execution as it seems relatively low key, but a nice option. I wonder how often it will be performed (hopefully more than once a day).

But they still also need to put in a new nighttime show to replace RoL at DAK. At some point, I've got to think that they will go back to doing longer hours at that park and Awakenings is quality (and I presume Beacons of Magic will just be similar or expand on that) but they also need that larger scale show on the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom