To add or not to add. That is the question.

G00fyDad

Okay. My son's girlfriend is coming with us on this next trip and I am trying to calculate the cost since he is the one paying for her to go.

Option #1, Package (tickets and room + adjoining room at Pop) for just the three of us $4611 (but add tickets for the gf and it adds $667 onto the cost.)
Option #2, Package (tickets and room + adjoining room at Pop) for all 4 of us $5385. (Adds $774 onto the cost)

Is it possible to get her tickets separately (#1) and still have her added to the group in the MDE app so that she can be put into boarding groups with us, get FP+, etc.? or is that too complicated? Should I just have him pay the extra $107 to add her to our trip?

Also, what if they split up and she decides not to go? Can she easily be taken off the package?

Solution
1: No. Everyone on the package has to be on the same package. The only way to do it differently is to book a room only and purchase tickets separately.

2: As long as you are outside of the cancelation window then removing her will not be hard. You can still make the change inside of the cancelation window you can still make the change, but you might incur a change fee.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
1: No. Everyone on the package has to be on the same package. The only way to do it differently is to book a room only and purchase tickets separately.

2: As long as you are outside of the cancelation window then removing her will not be hard. You can still make the change inside of the cancelation window you can still make the change, but you might incur a change fee.

Upvote 0
Solution

G00fyDad

Original Poster
So the extra $107 is for her to stay in the room? Is that right? In Option 1, she's not listed as staying in a room?

No. She's staying in the room with him regardless. That $107 is the difference between adding her to the package vs just getting individual tickets for her.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Hmmm being concerned that they will break up prior to the trip does not make me feel confident about any option.

I'd have them book their own package and pay for it themselves.

BTW she would have to be added to the room reservation. She can't just stay unless you're trying to be dishonest.
And if she purchases her ticket separately and then doesn't go its non refundable.
At least with a package its fully refundable until 30 days out and then all but the $200 deposit is refundable until I THINK 7 days prior?

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Interesting. I didn't know someone could be listed on the room reservations but not be part of the package.

Why would they have to be? Or do they? I originally thought I would just make the package with my son, wife and myself and then just get her tickets separately and have her just stay in the room. It's moot anyway. After @Master Yoda laid it out like that I am just going to add her to the package and if she cancels then I will deal with that then. :)

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Hmmm being concerned that they will break up prior to the trip does not make me feel confident about any option.

I'd have them book their own package and pay for it themselves.

BTW she would have to be added to the room reservation. She can't just stay unless you're trying to be dishonest.
And if she purchases her ticket separately and then doesn't go its non refundable.
At least with a package its fully refundable until 30 days out and then all but the $200 deposit is refundable until I THINK 7 days prior?

See? I've been going for years and I never knew that.

shooting star GIF

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Why would they have to be? Or do they? I originally thought I would just make the package with my son, wife and myself and then just get her tickets separately and have her just stay in the room. It's moot anyway. After @Master Yoda laid it out like that I am just going to add her to the package and if she cancels then I will deal with that then. :)
Also, if she is not listed on the room reservation/package, her MagicBand/Key to the World Card/MDE App will not open the room or be eligible for Early Entry benefit (whenever that comes back)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Disney tends to be pretty lenient when it comes to changes like this. About the only time they aren't is if you are canceling an entire reservation. Even then I have had them wave any cancelation fees.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Also, if she is not listed on the room reservation/package, her MagicBand/Key to the World Card/MDE App will not open the room or be eligible for Early Entry benefit (whenever that comes back)

I hadn't even thought of that.

This is the reason I come to these forums. LOL

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Split up??? If shes smart she will go on the trip first, then make it known that its over between them. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
I agree. 😂

I did this when I was dating this young lady when I was 18. We had a trip planned to California staying with her friends in Apple Valley, a couple nights in LA then a day trip to Disneyland, all paid for by her, this included her getting me a fake ID. :) I knew along she was a woman of questionable morals but, I was 18 and didn't much care.

Unbeknownst to her two weeks before the trip I found out she was cheating on me with her ex.
I kept my mouth shut for a couple of weeks, had great time, in LA got to see all the sights, visit Disneyland for the first time, got handcuffed to a pull out sofa, Had 3 of the best long island ice teas I've consumed, got blind drunk on Hollywood Blvd, saw an epic show by RacerX at the legendary Troubadour, and a few other things I can't get into here. came home and promptly broke up with her.

I had to collect my clothes off the front lawn but it was well worth it.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

I agree. 😂

I did this when I was dating this young lady when I was 18. We had a trip planned to California staying with her friends in Apple Valley, a couple nights in LA then a day trip to Disneyland, all paid for by her, this included her getting me a fake ID. :) I knew along she was a woman of questionable morals but, I was 18 and didn't much care.

Unbeknownst to her two weeks before the trip I found out she was cheating on me with her ex.
I kept my mouth shut for a couple of weeks, had great time, in LA got to see all the sights, visit Disneyland for the first time, got handcuffed to a pull out sofa, Had 3 of the best long island ice teas I've consumed, got blind drunk on Hollywood Blvd, saw an epic show by RacerX at the legendary Troubadour, and a few other things I can't get into here. came home and promptly broke up with her.

Apparently I have led a pretty boring life... :D

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I agree. 😂

I imagine your senior class voted you as "Most Likely To Be Seen on CNN."

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom