News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jones14

Is there an end date in sight to the virtual queue? It seems like capacity has improved over the last few months, and social distancing seems to be all but abandoned at this point.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Is there an end date in sight to the virtual queue? It seems like capacity has improved over the last few months, and social distancing seems to be all but abandoned at this point.
IMHO not for a while. It still has issues and the 7am slots are gone in seconds

G00fyDad

They had the VQ in place before the pandemic. It looks like it will always be here. I'd be surprised if they don't start doing this with other attractions.

pdude81

1pm window was open for roughly just over 5 minutes - at 1pm, groups were called up to 66 (2 groups less than yesterday).
Most people must be getting their groups in the 7am slot this week. But with that refresh you posted there might be a lot more parkgoers coming soon.

RSoxNo1

They should be filling cars to man cap as much as possible now which would increase capacity.
Right, but that doesn't answer the question. As far as we know, yesterday was the first day where they were filling the ride to max capacity, but it wasn't the best day from a boarding group standpoint.

TriSeb

Got Group 6 for my bud who is going today. We’ll be there in 12 days. Thanks, DC and ALCON!

Attachments

• F9175DCE-6F32-4DD8-982D-71BB918BE9A3.png
    F9175DCE-6F32-4DD8-982D-71BB918BE9A3.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

djkidkaz

So I’m going next Monday and just wondering how this works now. Last time I went and did this you had to be there at park open 9am and everyone stood on the street and refreshed the app.

now it looks like if you have a park reservation at 7am you can try for the virtual queue spot. It looks like the park opens at 9am the day I’m going and I’m a local so can I just do this from my home at 7am or do I have to be on Disney property or what? Also, i see that boarding groups are being called at 8:35am but the park doesn’t even open until 9am.

G00fyDad

So I’m going next Monday and just wondering how this works now. Last time I went and did this you had to be there at park open 9am and everyone stood on the street and refreshed the app.

now it looks like if you have a park reservation at 7am you can try for the virtual queue spot. It looks like the park opens at 9am the day I’m going and I’m a local so can I just do this from my home at 7am or do I have to be on Disney property or what? Also, i see that boarding groups are being called at 8:35am but the park doesn’t even open until 9am.
You can do this from anywhere as long as you have a park res for that park that day. And I think they are allowing early entry or something like that. Maybe someone else can be more specific on the early entry thing?

DCBaker

Premium Member

They have been letting guests into the park ~45ish minutes before official park open for awhile. However this may be changing in the near future as they have started doing a rope drop procedure at EPCOT now. Groups have been called as early as 8:30am.

As mentioned above, you can try for boarding groups at 7am from anywhere, as long as you have a park reservation and valid tickets. For the 1pm window, you have to have tapped past the turnstiles into DHS before 1pm, but as long as you have done that, you can try for a boarding group from anywhere.

See this below from @disneygeek90 on the process to obtain a boarding group - this is basically the same method we use and it has never failed us. My only additional note is to use time.gov on another device to watch the seconds tick by to hit 7am on the dot.

Here's the Virtual Queue page you should sit on in MDE -

IMG_CAAE330E8EE0-1.jpg

This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

djkidkaz

You can do this from anywhere as long as you have a park res for that park that day. And I think they are allowing early entry or something like that.
If I end up with an early queue spot do I need to rush to the park for early opening or can I show up at 9 and still get on even if my number has passed?

disneygeek90

If I end up with an early queue spot do I need to rush to the park for early opening or can I show up at 9 and still get on even if my number has passed?
You have an hour to return after you're called, and I think they extend it for the calls before open (so... if you're called at 8:40, they'll still give you until 10).

They're also pretty reasonable with the times. I'm fairly certain the 15 min late window that existed for FP+ is the same for this before MDE will even recognize you're "late", but a CM likely won't say anything as long as it's reasonable.

G00fyDad

How do you ensure that all of your party are already selected before it gets to that screen? I do not want to waste precious time selecting them.

DCBaker

Premium Member
How do you ensure that all of your party are already selected before it gets to that screen? I do not want to waste precious time selecting them.

The MDE app will select anyone on your friends and family list that has valid park tickets and a park reservation for that day.

If you are trying to practice, they won't be auto-selected because you don't have a reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom