How to avoid getting a 2 BR lockoff?

durangojim

Original Poster
We're staying at the Riviera soon for nearly 2 weeks. I reserved a 2BR standard view through the WDW website paying cash with an AP discount. I don't want to have a 2 BR lockoff and have requested that when I spoke with the CM. Am I guaranteed a true 2BR room or is there a possibility of a lockoff? CM wasn't able to answer the question.
Thanks!

JaxFLBear

We're staying at the Riviera soon for nearly 2 weeks. I reserved a 2BR standard view through the WDW website paying cash with an AP discount. I don't want to have a 2 BR lockoff and have requested that when I spoke with the CM. Am I guaranteed a true 2BR room or is there a possibility of a lockoff? CM wasn't able to answer the question.
Thanks!
You should get a dedicated 2-bedroom unit. Only the DVC reservation system has access to 2-bedroom lock-offs.

dovetail65

We have stayed at Different non Disney resorts with 2 bedroom lock offs a few times. Lock off's are mostly units that have a 1 bedroom unit(in our case with kitchen) with a door to a studio making it a 2 bedroom and we prefer them, especially when with kids. Not sure if Riviera is the same, but the lock off's we have had give more privacy and the attached studio had their own mini kitchen, the kids thought that was great.

nickys

Premium Member
We have stayed at Different non Disney resorts with 2 bedroom lock offs a few times. Lock off's are mostly units that have a 1 bedroom unit(in our case with kitchen) with a door to a studio making it a 2 bedroom and we prefer them, especially when with kids. Not sure if Riviera is the same, but the lock off's we have had give more privacy and the attached studio had their own mini kitchen, the kids thought that was great.
You are correct in your description of a DVC lock-off.

However when booking direct with Disney you are guaranteed to get a dedicated 2-bed. The lock-offs are only available when members book on the DVC site and it is a bookable category. So you always know what you’ll get.

That’s why a 2-bed is never available at either AKL Jambo or BWV to book direct, since they only have lock-offs available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom