Anyone dislike the volggers content?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Curious how you know this. And do you mean miss six figures as 150k or 500k?

Last time I investigated this out of curiosity the general understanding was a vlogger gets roughly $2 per 1000 views. If Tracker is getting 3 million views a month that equals about $73,000 per year. Now take out YouTubes 45% cut and you have roughly $45,000. Now take 25% out for taxes and it comes down to about $30,000.

Even if my numbers are off by half that's still only $60,000. But I don't think they are.

I don't think vloggers could quit their day job with the numbers you tossed out.
Tim and Jenn both had day jobs and now do not. They have to be making more than you seem to think.

Dan Deesnee

I don't think vloggers could quit their day job with the numbers you tossed out.
Tim and Jenn both had day jobs and now do not. They have to be making more than you seem to think.

It's certainly possible, maybe off of merchandise or a website they run?

I'm just saying the data on what someone can make on YouTube is out there. It is very categorized and the category of theme park blogger doesn't pay well. In fact I believe these vloggers would fall into personality or documentary which is one of the lowest earning categories on YouTube.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We watch Martin's Videos, Magical Adventures, Midway to Main Street, See Ya Reel Soon, 4K WDW, Bubba Ray Biscuit, and LeggLife. Those are the onesI can think of off the top of my head and not all of those are vloggers but I like to seek out the smaller channels sometimes you can find some real gems.
Legglife fan here also.

Dan Deesnee

It’s $3-5 per 1000.

So they're probably making closer to 75-100k. Again, remember that the category a Disney vlogger would fall into is not a very high paying one. From the research I've done there is a massive difference in payout for the higher paying categories vs the lower. Possibly even a 1:100 ratio.

Max Duane

I used to love vloggers like the trackers, Adam the woo, etc but for a while now I’ve really started not to like them. I feel like it’s a food/family vlog. Anyone else feel this way?
I like Adam when he ventures out. His park content is good, but I always knew him as the guy who explored abandoned places back in the day. I don’t watch his videos when he’s at WDW or DL for a week or two straight, but as soon as he’s back on the road checking stuff out from around the country, I tune into his content, since his road trips are where he really shines.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
There's no expectation of privacy in public. Might check your First Ammendment...

True. If I happen to take a video or image with other people in the shot there is no expectation of privacy as long as said video/image is for my personal use.

Vloggers however occupy an interesting space. Usually their activity is tied to the hopes of financial gain. Which again is protected as long as the activity occurs in public (because of the "no expectation to privacy in public")

However, Disney states that these "vloggers" must get prior authorization from Disney before performing this activity - which we all know that they don't. The larger ones like the Trackers and Resort TV probably do. The guy/gal with 2k views probably not.

So while a "protected" activity - if permission is not properly obtained - it is in violation of Disney policy. Not that I've ever seen (heard) Disney enforce this.

Overall I agree with your point. Just wanted to add a little twist on the actions of vloggers.

1623592596153.png

SoFloMagic

So they're probably making closer to 75-100k. Again, remember that the category a Disney vlogger would fall into is not a very high paying one. From the research I've done there is a massive difference in payout for the higher paying categories vs the lower. Possibly even a 1:100 ratio.
They get 6m views a month. So that would be 150k if they got $2 per thousand but they likely get more than that. Taxes prob aren't all that bad as they get to write off just about everything they do as business expenses.

SoFloMagic

True. If I happen to take a video or image with other people in the shot there is no expectation of privacy as long as said video/image is for my personal use.

Vloggers however occupy an interesting space. Usually their activity is tied to the hopes of financial gain. Which again is protected as long as the activity occurs in public (because of the "no expectation to privacy in public")

However, Disney states that these "vloggers" must get prior authorization from Disney before performing this activity - which we all know that they don't. The larger ones like the Trackers and Resort TV probably do. The guy/gal with 2k views probably not.

So while a "protected" activity - if permission is not properly obtained - it is in violation of Disney policy. Not that I've ever seen (heard) Disney enforce this.

Overall I agree with your point. Just wanted to add a little twist on the actions of vloggers.

View attachment 563624
They're looking for commercial filming like movies, commercials, etc with this.

Vloggers generate interest in Disney and could likely claim to be educational content if Disney ever came after them. Which they'd never do as they love the free advertising for every single new restaurant, burger, cookie, store, tour, cupcake, ride, smell, gift shop, pin...

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
They're looking for commercial filming like movies, commercials, etc with this.

Vloggers generate interest in Disney and could likely claim to be educational content if Disney ever came after them. Which they'd never do as they love the free advertising for every single new restaurant, burger, cookie, store, tour, cupcake, ride, smell, gift shop, pin...

Yes. But the "of any kind" is kind of a catch all. I agree with you that for the most part Disney is okay with most. But every once in a while you get the one that posts "How I snuck into the Magic Kingdom", "How I swam to Discovery Island", "How I infiltrated the Utilidors" or just obnoxious ones about public drunkenness at ECPOT.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It's certainly possible, maybe off of merchandise or a website they run?

I'm just saying the data on what someone can make on YouTube is out there. It is very categorized and the category of theme park blogger doesn't pay well. In fact I believe these vloggers would fall into personality or documentary which is one of the lowest earning categories on YouTube.

A quick google search says they make about $1250 per day. Not sure how accurate it is but it definitely seems like a more reasonable amount to quit their day jobs than you're amount.
They do have merch but I don't think they rely too heavily on it anymore. I truly believe the income is coming from views/ads.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
A quick google search says they make about $1250 per day. Not sure how accurate it is but it definitely seems like a more reasonable amount to quit their day jobs than you're amount.
They do have merch but I don't think they rely too heavily on it anymore. I truly believe the income is coming from views/ads.

$1,250 per day would equate to ~$450,000 a year if you factor in weekends - or ~$325,000 a year if you don't. I don't think they are making quite that much. I would guess it's definitely in the lower 6 figures.

worldfanatic

I watch a lot of them, but I agree they often they get repetitive.
Especially the ones focused on the Theme Parks.
When I see Disney Springs, the H2O Parks, or the Resorts are featured, I'm generally all in.

Communicora

Premium Member
Disney Vloggers are incredibly bad as a whole. Go watch a professional vlog and the differences are immediately apparent.

No one on the Disney vlog scene seems to know what editing is, or that voice overs are your friend. Molly from All Ears is sort of an exception, but there’s other issues there (like the need to generate unique daily content when the source material doesn’t justify it).

I’d certainly rate the All Ears as the top of the pile of the daily vlogs now, but at the same time give it like a C+.

4KWDW and MartinsVidsDotNet are certainly both excellent as are Yesterworld and Defunctland, but none of those are vlogs.
For me, part of the joy is watching people who aren't full-time "creators" enjoy the parks. I guess that's why I prefer the ones who vlog their vacations to those who live at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom