News Ohana reopening July 9th

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (Opening July 9; bookings available June 10)

"With the backdrop of tropical greenery, ‘Ohana will again offer their fabulous all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast and dinner offerings when they reopen. Although Disney characters will not be hosting breakfast, a strolling musician will entertain guests for dinner.

For breakfast, start with pineapple-coconut breakfast bread, move on to Stitch and Mickey Mouse waffles, then dig into “eggs”cellent breakfast skillets with ham, sausage, and breakfast potatoes.

The ‘Ohana dinner features all-you-care-to-enjoy platters of grilled beef steak, roasted chicken, sausage, and island shrimp casserole served with fried rice and roasted broccolini. And yes, ‘Ohana pot stickers, crispy soy chicken wings, and the signature ‘Ohana bread pudding served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream are back! Yippee!"

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
There is an overarching pessimism that has accelerated rather quickly for the last few years on anything and everything Disney does on this board. A lot of it is justified when it comes to park ops/new builds, etc. This is not one of those disappointing moments for me. Looking forward to snagging a rez for August.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How is fried rice instead of fried noodles "getting less"?
How is it so personal?

I think the place is completely overrated anyway...a wdw sacred cow...but it’s something to watch that we don’t know the answer to yet.

and I was more thinking the characters...because they tell you it’s “an experience”...when it’s really a $45 breakfast that has gone up 300% inside of 20 years...and that’s the bottomline

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
There is an overarching pessimism that has accelerated rather quickly for the last few years on anything and everything Disney does on this board. A lot of it is justified when it comes to park ops/new builds, etc. This is not one of those disappointing moments for me. Looking forward to snagging a rez for August.
People are also very quick to claim that Disney has been using COVID as an excuse to offer less in places. In some instances I agree, but in others, there are legitimate staffing and protocol challenges that they're trying to work around as best they can.

How is it so personal?

I think the place is completely overrated anyway...a wdw sacred cow...but it’s something to watch that we don’t know the answer to yet.

and I was more thinking the characters...because they tell you it’s “an experience”...when it’s really a $45 breakfast that has gone up 300% inside of 20 years...and that’s the bottomline
I'm with you on breakfast, but the quality-and-experience-to-price was never anywhere near reasonable even with characters. Maybe it's a bigger ripoff now than it used to be, but it was always a ripoff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom