Mobile Ordering advice

BrerWayne

Original Poster
About to go with the family next month. We mostly stick to quick service restaurants. For anyone who has been recently, are there any tips for mobile ordering? Should you order early in the day to be able to eat at around 12:30? Any wisdom that the magicians could give me would be much appreciated.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You're not supposed to submit until you're there so ordering hours in advance or having it ready at a specific time is not an option.

My tip would be decide what you want and don't wait until you're down right hangry to head to the restaurant and hit submit just in case it takes a little bit for your food to be ready.

danyoung56

I'm not sure that this is true. You have to select your pickup time when you order. So if you go at noon and make your order, you might have to wait till 3pm or later to pick up. I have yet to use the system, so I'm not entirely sure how it works.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
About to go with the family next month. We mostly stick to quick service restaurants. For anyone who has been recently, are there any tips for mobile ordering? Should you order early in the day to be able to eat at around 12:30? Any wisdom that the magicians could give me would be much appreciated.

Yes, you should choose your pickup time early in the morning as pick-up times will become filled at the more popular QS locations.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You're not supposed to submit until you're there so ordering hours in advance or having it ready at a specific time is not an option.
That is not correct. There are two different steps in the ordering process. There's submitting the order, which you do in advance with a specified pickup window, and then checking in by clicking "I'm Here."

I'm not sure that this is true. You have to select your pickup time when you order. So if you go at noon and make your order, you might have to wait till 3pm or later to pick up. I have yet to use the system, so I'm not entirely sure how it works.
Yes, you should choose your pickup time early in the morning as pick-up times will become filled at the more popular QS locations.
The only place where we actually encountered a wait for a pickup time was Woody's Lunch Box. Everything else always had either immediate availability or availability within 15 minutes. There was never any "order at noon and everything is fully booked until 3."

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
OP I am very sorry that I gave you outdated information.
The selecting a time must have appeared after reopening.
I've looked at the app and actually wow I'm kind of a fan of this change since I know around the time frame that I'd prefer to eat so its nice to be able to pick a window in advance.
With this new found info yes I'd recommend ordering early so that you can ensure the window you want is available.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Another nice feature is if you get hung up in a queue or on an attraction longer than anticipated you can bump back your time as long as you haven’t entered that original pickup window. Came in handy a couple times for us in the last week and a half.

DisAl

We were there from May 29 - June 6. Yes, you should place your order as soon as you have a good idea what your schedule is. You have a 30 minute window for pickup. As others have said you then click on "we are here" when you arrive and then you get a text when to go to the pickup window. We were picking up at Woody's around 11:45 a.m. one day and overheard a couple with a young HUNGRY child who had not ordered in advance, and there were NO times available in the next two hours. They were in a mess....
FYI mobile order worked very well for our group of 7.. We never had to wait over 5 minutes to get our meals once we checked in. We spent MUCH less time waiting in line for meals, and we were always able to find a table since mobile order scheduling prevents the proverbial mealtime rush.

Raxel7851

We used the mobile ordering often. There were a few times where we got a screen that stated we had to wait 15 minutes before we could submit our order. But almost every time, we got the “ready to order” notice in 10 minutes. This occurred mostly at GF. We ate at Tomorrow Land Terrace several times and never had an issue. It never seemed crowded over there. I can see though where the more popular QS places would require you to choose your pick up time earlier so you don’t get shut out.

pj4963

Just returned. Order as soon as you know about what time you are eating You can pick a time frame. When you get to pick up be sure on your app you hit you are there. Then they will start perparing

Nottamus

We just got back yesterday…and yes, there are only a few places hard to get “I’m hungry and wanna eat” times…most were able to be ordered and picked up relatively quick!

a nice feature (that I wasn’t aware of until we got there) is the ability to pay with a gift card through the ordering process now in the app!

I like mobile ordering and hope it continues to grow….

JIMINYCR

Throughout our 2 week May trip, we had no problems getting our order in and receiving our meals on time and unlike others have reported, all our meals that were of cooked items, were still hot. Our biggest issue was finding tables to sit at and eat. With more mobile ordering, Disney really needs to increase seating areas for those who receive their meals or get those who have finished eating to move along. We did see many CM's cleaning off tables quickly that emptied out and assisting tray carrying guests to find a spot to sit.

buckeyegator

we found it takes about 5-10 minutes once you actually ask the food to be prepared so we would order and then take our time to get to where we were eating, hate standing around looking at your phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom