Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

I was just looking at the Bloomberg tracker which has the UK at 58.8% with 1 dose and 37.9% fully vaccinated and the US at 50.5% with 1 dose and 40.7% fully vaccinated. I think your link was looking at just adults where the UK is about 12% ahead of the US on first shots and still a few percent back on fully vaccinated.

Fair enough! There is lots of different data out there and the Bloomberg tracker won’t open but as I said we are both doing well and it’s close enough to not to fall out over. We both (USA and U.K.) need to continue to drive vaccination numbers up in our countries and around the world. There is still room for improvement!

Disney Analyst

I find this tracker easy to use, https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/vaccination-rollout-and-access/

It just looks at population vaccinated by first dose, Canada is close to surpassing the UK now, and then we will likely pass Israel.

1622497261494.png

JoeCamel

I find this tracker easy to use, https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/vaccination-rollout-and-access/

It just looks at population vaccinated by first dose, Canada is close to surpassing the UK now, and then we will likely pass Israel.

View attachment 561126
I thought everyone was singing the praises of Israel for their stellar numbers but they only have 60% vaccinated still? Didn't they have that a while ago?

Like they ran into a wall or something, how many ultras do they have?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I thought everyone was singing the praises of Israel for their stellar numbers but they only have 60% vaccinated still? Didn't they have that a while ago?

It’s 60% of the total population not 60% of adults. As far as I know they haven’t opened to kids yet but will very soon so will start to go up again.

Disney Analyst

Here's the info from Reuters if you click on Israel:

"Israel has administered at least 10,581,662 doses of COVID-19 vaccines. It is going at a rate of about 3,818 doses per day during the last week, which is about 98% slower than its fastest 7-day pace.

Vaccines offered: Pfizer-BioNTech"

It looks like they are vaccinating 16+ in Israel, unsure how many of the younger age brackets have been able to book, and Israel is only using one vaccine.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There should be some love sent to Japan. The summer Olympic games will happen this summer there and only 2% of the population has been vaccinated.
They will most likely be played with no fans at all. Foreign fans are already banned and now there’s a good chance Japanese fans will be banned too. Doesn't stop thousands of athletes coming in from all over the world but it wont be the normal Olympics for sure.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here's the info from Reuters if you click on Israel:

"Israel has administered at least 10,581,662 doses of COVID-19 vaccines. It is going at a rate of about 3,818 doses per day during the last week, which is about 98% slower than its fastest 7-day pace.

Vaccines offered: Pfizer-BioNTech"

It looks like they are vaccinating 16+ in Israel, unsure how many of the younger age brackets have been able to book, and Israel is only using one vaccine.
Sounds about right. They hit 80%+ of adults vaccinated which ends up being about 60% of the total population and are now waiting for some further investigation into heart issues before starting on kids. Since the cases and deaths have dropped so far they are in less of a hurry to start kids. I had read somewhere they may dip down to 12+ as soon as this week or next.

Tom P.

It’s not a conspiracy to know that we are still counting anyone who dies with a positive COVID test as a COVID death. Walensky herself admitted this a few weeks ago on CNN.

And every single person who is admitted to any hospital in this country is tested for COVID; regardless of reason for admission.

That combined with an unknown rate of false positives with PCR testing leads to inflated number of deaths.

By how much is anyone’s guess.

People are still dying directly from COVID in this country but that’s not all we are counting.
I was admitted to the hospital on May 13th. Had a procedure done and stayed overnight. Never once was tested for Covid.

Animaniac93-98

Did I hear correctly on the hockey broadcast tonight that there is still a stay at home order in Toronto?

Until Wednesday. It's province wide. Outdoor activities like golf and tennis have been allowed since May 22.

Phase 1 of provincial reopening expected June 14.

Toronto itself has been under some sort of lockdown, almost continuously, since late November. There was about a month of limited reopening in March, and then back to shutdown.

The province previously tried regional restrictions to control the virus by locking down harder hit areas like Toronto, but that didn't work because people just drove somewhere else. The new phased reopening drops the regional approach altogether.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

I was admitted to the hospital on May 13th. Had a procedure done and stayed overnight. Never once was tested for Covid.
I should've been more specific. If you had been there for an unexpected illness, you would've been tested.

Also, if you had that procedure done a month or two ago, you would've been tested. That is largely the reason the number of tests has decreased so dramatically over the last couple months; many hospitals stopped testing patients undergoing elective procedures.

The point is, for people who sadly suddenly had a heart attack or a stroke or are living their final days with a terminal illness; if they passed away with a positive COVID-19 test, it counts.

For as long as COVID is spreading, there will be "COVID deaths" that may or may not be directly attributed to COVID. It's largely why 300 people died after being vaccinated "from COVID" when they probably didn't.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Interesting. I know a cousin going in 2 weeks and has to be tested much to her dismay. A friend who did pass away was doing regular tests for covid too for every procedure she had done. That's actually how they found out she had asymptomatic covid after her first shot.

Disney Glimpses

Interesting. I know a cousin going in 2 weeks and has to be tested much to her dismay.
My 5 year old son has been test 14 times for an illness he has been battling for the last year. He requires a test every single time he goes to the hospital overnight and they will not give him a bed without a negative test.

Oddly enough, they never test me despite me staying overnight with him the entire time (and I am free to come and go as I please).

I understand the need for it but those tests are really traumatic to him and it is utterly pointless considering the adult is allowed to come and go and stay overnight completely untested.

correcaminos

My 5 year old son has been test 14 times for an illness he has been battling for the last year. He requires a test every single time he goes to the hospital overnight and they will not give him a bed without a negative test.

Oddly enough, they never test me despite me staying overnight with him the entire time (and I am free to come and go as I please).

I understand the need for it but those tests are really traumatic to him and it is utterly pointless considering the adult is allowed to come and go and stay overnight completely untested.
Towards the end of my aunt's life she was tested regularly but not the nasal swabs. Surprised they cannot do another way.

I know nasal swabs suck. I had 3 myself for the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom