Park Opening

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are the parks still opening before the posted time? How early? Does it vary by park? TIA
Yes. Most are allowing cars to enter between 1 hour and 45 mins before posted opening. For example, EPCOT is allowing cars through at around 10am, with turnstiles opening at 10:10am.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I’m staying on site (walk to Epcot and DHS; bus elsewhere), so I won’t be driving. I’ll plan on arriving about 45 min before open. Thanks, all. Is Blizzard Beach doing this?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Were you staying on site? Parks are supposed to be open 30 mins ahead of schedule for guests of the resorts.
Um, yeah - Disney announced that early entry was coming back in January, but they haven't breathed a word about it since. Now the official website characterizes early entry as part of the 50th celebration, meaning it may not start until October 1st, or even several months after that. I was told by one CM (albeit, nobody with any special knowledge or authority, so take it with a giant chunk of salt) that it wouldn't be introduced until sometime in 2022.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Is this the same as EMH?
No. They've just been opening early for everyone, to relieve crowd congestion at the gates.

Disney announced in January that "Early Park Entry" would be coming for Disney hotel guests, but there's not been a word about it since. Currently there are no EMH (or similar perks) of any kind for onsite guests.

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
No. They've just been opening early for everyone, to relieve crowd congestion at the gates.

Disney announced in January that "Early Park Entry" would be coming for Disney hotel guests, but there's not been a word about it since. Currently there are no EMH (or similar perks) of any kind for onsite guests.
In my mind it will most likely will start it when they can (in their mind) safely hold people close together at gate and let all resort persons in early.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

In my mind it will most likely will start it when they can (in their mind) safely hold people close together at gate and let all resort persons in early.
I agree -- and I hope they introduce Early Entry before my family's trip at the end of August. My ability to convince my DH to keep our Polynesian reservation (rather than the AirBnB we also booked as an alternative) may depend upon it! ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom