News Disney Skyliner closing for refurbishment in early 2022

Goof-Man

I saw the headline and started to panic. But we’ll be there January 8-18 so we’re just before the returb. Hope the cables haven’t stretched too much that the gondola is being pulled along the ground pending refurb... :oops:

TJJohn12

Seriously? Our last trip was the week of the opening of CBR's new lobby - which was a very rocky stay, because they hadn't tuned in the quick service yet. Now our first post-pandemic trip is going to be the week of this refurb? Great...

Touchdown

They like to joke that you’d take SkyLiner from BoardWalk or Y&BC to DHS.

LOL
Look, I might be full of and vinegar in the morning and walk to DHS from those properties in the morning but come travel back time I’m going to be lazy. It’s a coin flip based on the line at the dock/station, how hot it is (skyliner is better in the heat then friendship boats unless I know I’ll get a stern seat) and where I’m going. Sometimes the skyliner wins out.

CLBMN

We are booked to stay that week, staying at Pop!
Will reschedule, we wanted to stay there because of the Skyliner.
It is always something (yes, first world problem fussing).
Thanks for the info here, Disney did not let us know that (yet).

ToTBellHop

Look, I might be full of **** and vinegar in the morning and walk to DHS from those properties in the morning but come travel back time I’m going to be lazy. It’s a coin flip based on the line at the dock/station, how hot it is (skyliner is better in the heat then friendship boats unless I know I’ll get a stern seat) and where I’m going. Sometimes the skyliner wins out.
I took the SkyLiner once from DHS to Epcot. You could drive to the airport and fly to real France faster than SkyLiner gets you to Epcot’s France.

Touchdown

I took the SkyLiner once from DHS to Epcot. You could drive to the airport and fly to real France faster than SkyLiner gets you to Epcot’s France.
You must have encountered a long delay mid flight or a line at CBR. My midday Skyliner trips got me there in <20 min. I’ve beaten the friendship boat that pulled into DHS as I departed on the skyliner to Y&BC despite the longer walk.

Nickp1983

We are booked to stay that week, staying at Pop!
Will reschedule, we wanted to stay there because of the Skyliner.
It is always something (yes, first world problem fussing).
Thanks for the info here, Disney did not let us know that (yet).
Murphys law... right?
We were half way down when Disney closed last year. I'm leaving again in 6 days. I fully expect an alien invasion on Tuesday.

ToTBellHop

As I've said upthread: Between skyliner, boats, or busses, the fastest way to go from Epcot to DHS is walking.
Absolutely. Just bring your refillable mug and fill it at BoardWalk Bakery unless you want heat stroke in the summer. I remember one trip where we were pushing a double stroller from DHS to Epcot in August at 3 pm. Felt very unwell by the time we arrived at International Gateway!

Nickp1983

Absolutely. Just bring your refillable mug and fill it at BoardWalk Bakery unless you want heat stroke in the summer. I remember one trip where we were pushing a double stroller from DHS to Epcot in August at 3 pm. Felt very unwell by the time we arrived at International Gateway!
Exactly why I look strange at the gym lately. Masks on. Backpack on. A disney mug in one hand and a shopping bag in the other. All while walking briskly on the treadmill for 2 hours.

Disney training.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom