Pre-Show & Live Show Return Tracker

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I always look for these kinds of threads, so I thought I should just make one for myself. If you visit/know of pre-shows/live shows that have been brought back to their full extent or in some shape or form, please notify me (and everyone else interested) here! Thanks!

The (?) is in place until someone can confirm for me)

Pre-Show Statuses
Rise of the Resistance: Running as original.
Millenium Falcon: Running as original.
Muppet*Vision 3D: Operating as original
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway: Running as original.
Twilight Zone - Tower of Terror: Operating as original
Rockin' Roller Coaster: Operating as original
The Haunted Mansion: Operating as normal
The Enchanted Tiki Room: Operating as normal
DINOSAUR: Operating as normal

Flight of Passage: Modified version.
Mission: Space: Operating
Test Track Design Room: operating as original(?)
Soarin': Operating as original

Enchanted Tales with Belle: Attraction still not open(?)

Show Statuses
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Operating, practically no distancing
Voyage of the Little Mermaid: Not operating, (not returning?)
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: Not operating.

Beauty & the Beast: Reportedly Returning
Finding Nemo - The Musical: Not operating.
Up! A Great Bird Adventure: Operating as "Feathered Friends in Flight"
Festival of the Lion King: Operating, hybrid show

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: Reportedly returning
Turtle Talk with Crush: Not operating.

Last edited:

Chomama

I always look for these kinds of threads, so I thought I should just make one for myself. If you visit/know of pre-shows/live shows that have been brought back to their full extent or in some shape or form, please notify me (and everyone else interested) here! Thanks!

Pre-Show Statuses
Millenium Falcon: I don't know anything about this attraction.
Muppet*Vision 3D: Operating with distance markers(?)
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway: Not Operating(?)
Twilight Zone - Tower of Terror: Walk-Through(?)
Rockin' Roller Coaster: Walk-Through(?)
The Haunted Mansion: Walk-Through(?)

The Enchanted Tiki Room: Operating with distance markers(?)
DINOSAUR: Walk-Through(?)
Flight of Passage: Operating with distance markers(?)
Mission: Space: I have no idea, I'm assuming it's running(?)
Soarin': Operating with distancing(?)

Show Statuses
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Operating, practically no distancing
Beauty & the Beast: Not operating.

Festival of the Lion King: Operating, hybrid show, 3 ft distancing

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: Not operating.
Thanks! Mickey and Minnie is running. Just walk thru for pre show

sullyinMT

This will be a fun one to watch! When the stories came out about the little floor dots diasappearing, and most of the preshow plexi, on Rise, it was a little jarring, tbh. Some of that reaction is admittedly some level of conditioning stress. Every little bit of normal makes me happy for the overall situation! Then, the Frozen and FotLK seating arrangement hit my radar, and I was like "Whoa!"

FWIW, the preshow/holding for Mission:Space was running with distancing in November (our most recent trip). One party per pod/shuttle, so my son and I had a lot of autopilot assistance. Also, MF:SR didn't have the traditional Hondo scene running, but I think that had more to do with the lower line moving quickly. No time to really run it. The chess room (not really a scene/show) was open for quick photos.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Pre-Show Statuses
Millenium Falcon: I don't know anything about this attraction.
Muppet*Vision 3D: Operating with distance markers(?)
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway: Not Operating(?)
Twilight Zone - Tower of Terror: Walk-Through(?)
Rockin' Roller Coaster: Walk-Through(?)
The Haunted Mansion: Walk-Through(?)

The Enchanted Tiki Room: Operating with distance markers(?)
DINOSAUR: Walk-Through(?)
Flight of Passage: Operating with distance markers(?)
Mission: Space: Operating
Soarin': Operating with distancing(?)

Show Statuses
Beauty & the Beast: Not operating.

Festival of the Lion King: Operating, hybrid show, 3 ft distancing

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor: Not operating.

You are correct on Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, pre-show is still not operating.

For Smuggler's Run the pre-show is running, but you are not held in the room you just pass through.

Haunted mansion is still walkthrough of the stretching room.

doctornick

Also, I know it is perhaps a little different than the premise of this thread, but I think we could add the A Pirates' Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas and the Ducktales replacement for Agent P to the list of not opened stuff. I'm hoping that they might open sometime soon.

sullyinMT

Do you just walk right through (i.e. no spiel) or is the Ghost Host talking and you just hear part of it? Also, are the pictures in their benign or their more sinister forms?
Sinister (the room is “stretched”). I don’t recall hearing the Host directing you through.

Touchdown

Also, without the stretch rooms and atrium preshow, it’s not enough time to adjust your eyes to the dark before boarding. If you actually want to see the rooms prior to the ballroom I highly suggest employing the “pirate method” the moment you decide the HM is your next attraction. Simply close one of your eyes and keep it shut until you are still in the mansion. You will not believe how much of a difference this makes. It also feels bizarre for a few minutes because the eye you didn’t close will seem incredibly dim for about half the ride.

TikibirdLand

Also, without the stretch rooms and atrium preshow, it’s not enough time to adjust your eyes to the dark before boarding. If you actually want to see the rooms prior to the ballroom I highly suggest employing the “pirate method” the moment you decide the HM is your next attraction. Simply close one of your eyes and keep it shut until you are still in the mansion. You will not believe how much of a difference this makes. It also feels bizarre for a few minutes because the eye you didn’t close will seem incredibly dim for about half the ride.
Are we tracking "spontaneous shows" like Citizens of Hollywood and the cops and magician? Or, is that stuff gone forever now?

I believe there are no more storm trooper marches through the main walk of HS. Is that correct?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Are we tracking "spontaneous shows" like Citizens of Hollywood and the cops and magician? Or, is that stuff gone forever now?

I believe there are no more storm trooper marches through the main walk of HS. Is that correct?
Yes storm trooper march went a long time ago.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

I personally wasn't, because there's already a lot to keep up with. But I don't mind adding them in a streetmosphere category if people report them here as I don't consider them to be off topic.

disneygeek90

Couple notes-

ROTR is running as original but is with distancing markers. You have to stand on your same color in both pre shows, and are assigned a new color to stand on prior to the attraction load (in a certain room). None of this existed prior to covid.

FoP is running a modified, shortened show. You either view it in the first pre show room or the second, but everyone is watching the same thing at the same time. No more "move around a bit" and avatar linking portion of the show.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Couple notes-

ROTR is running as original but is with distancing markers. You have to stand on your same color in both pre shows, and are assigned a new color to stand on prior to the attraction load (in a certain room). None of this existed prior to covid.
Safety Protocols Removed from ROTR
FoP is running a modified, shortened show. You either view it in the first pre show room or the second, but everyone is watching the same thing at the same time. No more "move around a bit" and avatar linking portion of the show.
Noted, thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom