Resorts allowing guests to visit?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Anyone know if I can just pull up to a resort and eat at their quick service? This never used to be an issue if you showed a drivers liscense and said you were coming to eat or purchase something they would just let you in. But about a month ago I tried two different resorts and they were not allowing anyone not staying there to enter unless you had a dining reservation. Does anyone know if this has been relaxed at all? I want to head over to Caribbean beach to get quick service but I don’t want to drive all the way there only to be turned away at the security gate.

Also, I know you can go to DS and take a bus but that is a lot of work and waiting around.

nickys

Premium Member
Since re-opening they have been discouraging people visiting other resorts by car. An ADR was often required, a mobile order at a QS was usually OK too but WL, Poly, GF and Contemporary in particular were being very strict on that and sometimes turning people away.

Using Disney transport was fine.

I think this will remain for a while longer, until more restaurants open up.

HappyHaunt97

I usually place a mobile order, and click "I'm here. Prepare order," before pulling up to the resort. Hasn't been an issue at Grand Flo, Wilderness, or Boardwalk in the past month for me. Sometimes it depends on the security guard, but they are usually very accommodating in my experience. Not sure if there is an official rule, but I would think a prepaid mobile order would certainly be considered a dining reservation.

nickys

Premium Member
I usually place a mobile order, and click "I'm here. Prepare order," before pulling up to the resort. Hasn't been an issue at Grand Flo, Wilderness, or Boardwalk in the past month for me. Sometimes it depends on the security guard, but they are usually very accommodating in my experience. Not sure if there is an official rule, but I would think a prepaid mobile order would certainly be considered a dining reservation.
It should be. But I know of people refused at WL, Poly and GF since March so it’s not always the case.

HappyHaunt97

It should be. But I know of people refused at WL, Poly and GF since March so it’s not always the case.
Hope they were able to get a refund for their order! The lack of consistency can definitely be irritating at times. Seems like it would be in Disney's best interest to let people in. More $$$ for them.

nickys

Premium Member
Hope they were able to get a refund for their order! The lack of consistency can definitely be irritating at times. Seems like it would be in Disney's best interest to let people in. More $$$ for them.
The WL one was refunded. For the GF someone went in and collected it whilst the driver waited, and at the Poly they parked at the TTC and walked over. But they did contact Guest Services and got an apology.

DoleWhipDrea

I just visited AKL with a dining reservation to Sanaa (which is absolutely fantastic and the best meal that I've had on WDW property) all to just get zebra domes. I don't have tickets to the parks right now, and I had been craving them for about a month. I wish it was easier to just grab some and go...I imagine it might have more to do with where they are physically made and keeping them fresh and intact, as they are prone to melting.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
It definitely depends on who is working security at the gate. We pulled up at the gate with a reservation for Ale and Compass. Our reservation was for six and it was three. The guard told us it didn't open until 4:30. so he couldn't let us park until four. I was honest and told him we were going to walk around and ride the Skyliner before we ate. He told us to make a QS order and he could let us in.

durangojim

Typically if you’re staying at another WDW resort the guards will let you in and park without too much, if any, difficulty. If you’re not staying on property and do t have a dining reservation you’re most likely out of luck.

Raxel7851

Staying at GF and wanted to go to the Contempo Cafe. I tried to mobile order, but I got a banner that stated “At this time only Contemporary Guests can use mobile ordering”. I tried a few other resorts, but the Contemporary is the only one where you get that banner.

nickys

Premium Member
Staying at GF and wanted to go to the Contempo Cafe. I tried to mobile order, but I got a banner that stated “At this time only Contemporary Guests can use mobile ordering”. I tried a few other resorts, but the Contemporary is the only one where you get that banner.
Because that’s the resort where more people tend to use a QS order as a way to park all day so they can walk to MK.

nickys

Premium Member
Typically if you’re staying at another WDW resort the guards will let you in and park without too much, if any, difficulty. If you’re not staying on property and do t have a dining reservation you’re most likely out of luck.
That might be your experience but there are numerous reports from onsite guests who were turned away. Mostly from resorts within walking distance of a park, but WL doesn’t fit that nor does AKL or Riviera.

durangojim

Actually Riviera is one of the places that we’ve done on all trips along with WL. Maybe because we told them we were specifically going for pastries and coffee and acted like we belong. Might be dependent on the guard. Who knows?

Figgy1

Premium Member
That might be your experience but there are numerous reports from onsite guests who were turned away. Mostly from resorts within walking distance of a park, but WL doesn’t fit that nor does AKL or Riviera.
Riviera is on the skyliner so it may depend on the guard and capacity

nickys

Premium Member
Riviera is on the skyliner so it may depend on the guard and capacity
Arriving by Skyliner is fine, driving there is usually OK. Possibly because it’s their new DVC resort and they want people looking around. But if it’s busy they will stop people driving up and parking.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You're always going to have problems driving up to visit the Monorail resorts. And depending on the time of year and what's going on possibly also the Boardwalk resorts.

I don't think I've ever been refused at CSR, POP, AoA, and POR/FQ. WL usually is okay except around the holidays. As mentioned before it's a "parking" issue. It's also an issue whereby they want to make sure nobody is parking at the Contemporary for the day and walking to MK. And if they sense this occurring with places like Beach Club/YC with people walking to EPCOT. They may restrict some traffic - albeit temporarily. If you are going during slower periods - you should be okay (might even be able to talk your way into a monorail resort).

This has been my experience even during the pandemic. Although when WDW first opened back up - they were very restrictive - and that is the only time I'm aware of that they suspended the visiting policy for all resorts and no one was allowed in without a reservation for that resort.

At the end of the day - in many cases it comes down to the CM manning the gate - and your "game". Always have a back-up plan.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
My take is that if you really need to drive to a monorail resort, then park at the TTC and take the monorail. I've never heard of them turning anyone away when riding the monorail. We've taken 2 trips during the pandemic, visiting them, and had no issues getting in without a reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom