Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

I've seen it on all sides. So I'm not going to make it political.
CNN is no better, by any stretch, but there are non-biased sources out there if one is willing to look outside their comfort zone.

ETA: Part of the problem is that FOX was, for quite a long time, a semi-decent news source. Why other, reputable outlets haven't raised holy hell about what FOX has been publishing the last handful of years is beyond me. Same for the NYPost - it's the news equivalent of The Enquirer.

correcaminos

I am going to call out all media for making sensationalized aspects to the vaccine. That said the info I see it coming from is not as mainstream as Fox or CNN. Granted I read and not watch, but the articles I've seen point to the anti-vax rheortic are not the mainstream sites. Fox may have helped downplay covid, but as a whole it's nut jobs who infiltrate and get others to follow. All said and done our media over hyping bad side effects was 100% not helpful. Yes, you may not do well, but more do okay than not. We scared people out of this shot before they had a chance to get it!

Nickp1983

I am going to call out all media for making sensationalized aspects to the vaccine. That said the info I see it coming from is not as mainstream as Fox or CNN. Granted I read and not watch, but the articles I've seen point to the anti-vax rheortic are not the mainstream sites. Fox may have helped downplay covid, but as a whole it's nut jobs who infiltrate and get others to follow. All said and done our media over hyping bad side effects was 100% not helpful. Yes, you may not do well, but more do okay than not. We scared people out of this shot before they had a chance to get it!
There's also the social media aspect as well.

Again, I'm not sure why people don't talk to their doctors. When people say they won't get a vaccine, I rarely hear that it's due to their convo with their doctor... its because Yoga Pants mom who gave her a recipe for a coffee ground enema said they will make you infertile.

drizgirl

Again, I'm not sure why people don't talk to their doctors. When people say they won't get a vaccine, I rarely hear that it's due to their convo with their doctor... its because Yoga Pants mom who gave her a recipe for a coffee ground enema said they will make you infertile.
Exactly. I've always felt strongly that if you don't trust the medical advice you get from your doctor, you need to change doctors.

ImperfectPixie

Coffee ground enema...thanks for the giggle! 😂

Nickp1983

Exactly. I've always felt strongly that if you don't trust the medical advice you get from your doctor, you need to change doctors.
I told my Qanom sister (who last year told me that Christy Tiegen was molesting little girls, that Wayfair was selling kids in giant cabinets, and that Tom Hanks drinks kid blood), why would doctors advise you to get the shot, and also take the shot themselves, if they were bad?

I dont see why doctors would inject themselves with nanobot trackers that also make you infertile and cause you to shed the virus, willingly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Interesting article talking about how the anti-vax rhetoric originates from a very small number of sources.

Sorcerer Mickey

I told my Qanom sister (who last year told me that Christy Tiegen was molesting little girls, that Wayfair was selling kids in giant cabinets, and that Tom Hanks drinks kid blood), why would doctors advise you to get the shot, and also take the shot themselves, if they were bad?

I dont see why doctors would inject themselves with nanobot trackers that also make you infertile and cause you to shed the virus, willingly.

Isn‘t it obvious? Because they’re time-traveling vampires. Wake up!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Well, the doctors are either lying, or are intentionally being given a placebo. ;)

The big problem with conspiracies is that you can always say anyone who provides evidence against the conspiracy, it actually part of it.

ImperfectPixie

I think on the doctor end of it there's a time factor, too. Our pediatrician is fabulous about not rushing through appointments and taking however long it takes to address questions or concerns, but both mine and my husband's doctor are very obviously time-pressed (not that they're rude or anything...it's just clear that they're under pressure to be fast). There's also the issue of "You'll need to make another appointment to talk about that" that I've seen pop up on occasion (not my personal experience, but definitely my husband's on a couple).

Nickp1983

Well, the doctors are either lying, or are intentionally being given a placebo. ;)

The big problem with conspiracies is that you can always say anyone who provides evidence against the conspiracy, it actually part of it.
Maybe its a b12 shot?

Attachments

• BorpTG.gif
    BorpTG.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 36

Chip Chipperson

It's FOX. Anyone I know who watches or reads FOX News has bought into the myriad of anti-vaccine rhetoric and other lies.

The COVID deniers I know think Fox News is "too liberal now." Apparently some other networks, random Facebook memes, YouTube conspiracy theorists, a couple of lawyers who have more fame and followers than they deserve, and the MyPillow guy are the only sources of information that can be trusted.

They also bailed on a planned trip to WDW because of the mask requirements. We booked it with DVC points before we knew just how bad things were with their beliefs. We changed our reservation from a 2-bedroom villa to a 1-bedroom villa when they bailed and now that we know where they stand with COVID we won't be trying to rebook even if there are still 2-bedroom villas available during that time.

correcaminos

Oh yes! Without saying too much about relatives one truly believes that they cannot get it due to an issue that's been refuted. Well in addition to other incorrect info that they read on a meme

Polkadotdress

The COVID deniers I know think Fox News is "too liberal now." Apparently some other networks, random Facebook memes, YouTube conspiracy theorists, a couple of lawyers who have more fame and followers than they deserve, and the MyPillow guy are the only sources of information that can be trusted.
Fox "Golden Boy" Tucker Carlson just surmised on his show FRIDAY that the vaccine could be "saline with dangerous side effects". I literally wanted to punch him through the TV. So instead I changed the channel.

*And no, I don't watch him. But just for "kicks and giggles" I will flip to his show for 5 minutes occasionally, just so I can keep tabs on what the other side is saying.

_caleb

Speaking of that topic I saw this earlier:

Apparently 65% of the false info on Covid vaccines circulating on social media originated form a dozen individuals often using multiple accounts. The majority of these people push the anti-vaxx ideas because they profit from it by either selling books or alternative medicines and supplements. Disgusting human beings.
I assumed this was also true of accounts in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom