Magical Express

pj4963

Original Poster
I received the luggage tags for our trip. Will we be getting something to be able to get on the Magical Express bus?

Archie123

I received the luggage tags for our trip. Will we be getting something to be able to get on the Magical Express bus?

You do not get anything separate to get you on the DME. Like Monty said, when you get to the cast member they will scan your Magic Band and it will let them know that you and your party are staying on property and they will then direct you to which line to enter so that you get on the correct bus that will take you to your resort.

BrerWayne

You do not get anything separate to get you on the DME. Like Monty said, when you get to the cast member they will scan your Magic Band and it will let them know that you and your party are staying on property and they will then direct you to which line to enter so that you get on the correct bus that will take you to your resort.
I am going in July so I am curious. I thought Magic Bands were eliminated are am I misunderstanding this.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Wait you got yellow luggage tags?
Are they picking up luggage now?

Pre-Covid you'd get a letter and the yellow luggage tags and that's it.
When you arrive you scan your magic band (If you don't have one then they'd look you up on the computer).
The night before check out you'll get a letter with the time you are to be at DME to go back to the airport and you must present that to the bus driver.

Archie123

I am going in July so I am curious. I thought Magic Bands were eliminated are am I misunderstanding this.

If you do not order them then you will have your reservations/tickets/etc on the My Disney Experience app that you should have downloaded for your trip.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If you do not order them then you will have your reservations/tickets/etc on the My Disney Experience app that you should have downloaded for your trip.

Although isn't that still only for Apple products?
So if you don't have a magic band or an apple device you'd need to get a KTTWC.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
MB are not being eliminated. After 31 December they won’t be given out for free to resort guests. If you’re going this July, you’ll still receive free MB with a resort stay or you can upgrade the free version for a small fee to one with characters or Disney themes.

After this year, I don’t know what offerings they may still have. I’m guessing there will still be MB collectibles for ticketed event and attractions, but fewer as time goes by.

They are trying to steer most guests to the MDE App and using its Bluetooth features on Apple and eventually other smart devices.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
MB are not being eliminated. After 31 December they won’t be given out for free to resort guests. If you’re going this July, you’ll still receive free MB with a resort stay or you can upgrade the free version for a small fee to one with characters or Disney themes.

After this year, I don’t know what offerings they may still have. I’m guessing there will still be MB collectibles for ticketed event and attractions, but fewer as time goes by.

They are trying to steer most guests to the MDE App and using its Bluetooth features on Apple and eventually other smart devices.

Wait I was pretty sure that you have to pay for ANY magic band as of now?

nickys

Premium Member
Although isn't that still only for Apple products?
So if you don't have a magic band or an apple device you'd need to get a KTTWC.
The MDE app isn’t just for Apple. That’s magic mobile for tickets and room key.

At DME you don’t need anything if you don’t have a magic band. They can find your reservation on their iPad.

pj4963

Original Poster
I called Disney this morning (5/15)per rep: You go to area to get on Magical Express bus at airport. You give them your parties name they direct you to the correct bus for resort. Disney IS NOT providing Magic band. If you want one you must purchase it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The MDE app isn’t just for Apple. That’s magic mobile for tickets and room key.

At DME you don’t need anything if you don’t have a magic band. They can find your reservation on their iPad.

I understand the app is not just for Apple but the poster that I quoted made it seem as though you could access your park tickets for park entry via the app and I thought THAT feature was only available for Apple at the present time.

nickys

Premium Member
I understand the app is not just for Apple but the poster that I quoted made it seem as though you could access your park tickets for park entry via the app and I thought THAT feature was only available for Apple at the present time.
You can see that you have tickets linked in the MDE app on any smart phone or mobile device, just like you can see your room reservations, ADRs etc.

You just can’t use the app to scan at the parks in place of a magic band or KTTWC.

DisneyJoe

Magic Mobile works on Apple/iOS AND Android devices as of April 27, 2021, you need to perform a configuration step with MDE and your Apple Pay or Google Wallet/Pay for it to work.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well, I'm seeing the option to order my free MB on my account for my upcoming stay in September:

Which MagicBand Is Your Favorite?​

Choose Your MagicBand
Complete order by September 18, 2021 for pickup at check-in.

When did you book?
I think if you booked prior to the announcement that no MB's would be free that's why.
I booked in March and when I go to select my magic bands there is not complimentary option. They are all a discounted upcharge.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Well, I'm seeing the option to order my free MB on my account for my upcoming stay in September:

Which MagicBand Is Your Favorite?​

Choose Your MagicBand
Complete order by September 18, 2021 for pickup at check-in.
I just checked and the solid colors for me are $5... which I believe they were $10 before.
My trip is in November, so maybe yours are free?
They could be trying to move old ones, I dunno.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
When did you book?
I think if you booked prior to the announcement that no MB's would be free that's why.
I booked in March and when I go to select my magic bands there is not complimentary option. They are all a discounted upcharge.

I just checked and the solid colors for me are $5... which I believe they were $10 before.
My trip is in November, so maybe yours are free?
They could be trying to move old ones, I dunno.

I looked. Gray is free. Any other solid colour is $5 and the rest are $10/15/20.

So it has changed since I last checked, but there's still a free option in the mix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom