News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

danv3

There are some pics floating around online of the new signs. They state, “Masks are required at ALL attractions and indoor locations.” So I would like to think that makes it pretty clear that whether it’s an outdoor or indoor queue, put on your mask when getting in line.
o_O

That's less clear with respect to queues than what's on the website about "entering" an attraction.

All they have to do the end any question is use the word "queue." That's it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There are some pics floating around online of the new signs. They state, “Masks are required at ALL attractions and indoor locations.” So I would like to think that makes it pretty clear that whether it’s an outdoor or indoor queue, put on your mask when getting in line.
Yes it is masks on when entering the queue regardless of where it is.

ElvisMickey

o_O

That's less clear with respect to queues than what's on the website about "entering" an attraction.

All they have to do the end any question is use the word "queue." That's it.
Hopefully there will be a Cast Member stationed at the end of each line if it’s outdoors…should be an interesting day.

Might take a spontaneous drive over to Disney Springs and see what’s going on over there this morning.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Ran into another family wearing masks outside.

Asked them if they were aware of the change.

They said yes.

They were NOT happy about the change.
This is my only problem with this.

It was sprung on people mid-trip who came because they were told there would be a certain set of rules.

Then they changed the rules.

And whether you think those people are being ridiculous is irrelevant, they are entitled to not have their family’s health and safety expectation blown up mid-trip.

Some notice would have been nice. Even like 5 days.

The Mom

Premium Member
I'd say "entering attractions" maybe means the queue? I consider the line to be part of the attraction, so once we head towards one, I will put my mask on
That would be my interpretation, also. While strolling around the park, sitting with your "pod" on a bench or at an outside table, etc - no mask needed. When standing in line, and closer to other people - mask. When moving through a crowd of people - mask.

I have some lanyards for my masks - this would be the perfect opportunity to use them. Just make sure you have the outside touching your shirt - not the inside.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ran into a Cast Member outside, wearing a mask.

She mentioned OSHA is still recommending that workers wear masks outside.

Also mentioned that she noticed signs changing yesterday.

Got email from hair salon this morning....that while things are changing fast, salons actually operate through a state board licensure. They are a licensed, professional industry and the state board still requires masks, social distancing, etc.

The Mom

Premium Member
With a queue you're still in close proximity to people for an extended period, which increases risk I believe. Walking around outside not so much.

I'd really recommend anyone visiting WDW get vaccinated first. There's really no excuse not to. I just don't trust the honour system.
I would just add - anyone who is able to get vaccinated. Some people will never be able to be safely vaccinated. If people are still waiting due to local shortages this may not be the time to travel - anywhere.

seascape

Personally I would keep wearing a mask in Florida until their number of cases broke 10 per 100,000. I know the chances of catching it are microscopic since I had it and am vaccinated but I still think of others and their risks. It is only a matter of 2 weeks until Florida should reach 10.

Lil Copter Cap

This is my only problem with this.

It was sprung on people mid-trip who came because they were told there would be a certain set of rules.

Then they changed the rules.

And whether you think those people are being ridiculous is irrelevant, they are entitled to not have their family’s health and safety expectation blown up mid-trip.

Some notice would have been nice. Even like 5 days.
This is absolutely why I found Universal's announcement (and now Disney's) to be sloppy. It's highly inconsiderate and, as you've said, regardless of your stance on mask wearing, it really devalues the families with children that are not vaccine eligible.

A week or two, like the announcement of the removal of temperature checks, would have sufficed and provided as better overall guest experience. But there is money to be made.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

They said yes.

I got odd looks wearing my mask while buying flowers outside.....and I would have been bothered if someone asked me why, A dude nonmasked was nearby coughing at one point.....I am not looking for anyone's approval, but yes many people will continue to wear masks for a long time, knowing the changes that have now been announced. I overheard one employee talking to customer on this and said ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM.....but I am also aware the two main bosses are NOT vaccinated and won't be during this busy season.....it causes me to pause and think on this.....;) 😷

DisAl

I would just add - anyone who is able to get vaccinated. Some people will never be able to be safely vaccinated. If people are still waiting due to local shortages this may not be the time to travel - anywhere.
All of the adults in our family have been fully vaccinated. I question the intelligence of those who choose not to get the vaccine, and consider them to be selfish people who don't care about others, especially those who for medical reasons cannot get vaccinated. Those people are still at risk and in my opinion it is our social responsibility to help protect those people by doing everything we can to avoid spreading the virus.
Now, let me climb down off my soapbox.....

pixie225

So glad we "beat" the change, as we were down at Disney 5/1-5/7. My family would have been very uncomfortable having the change mid-vacation. Will take some getting used to. Food shopping this a.m. - my local Shoprite has a big new sign saying "NY mandate still requires masks. No mask, no entry." However, a local meat store is allowing people in without masks. At this point in time store managers (interviewed on local news station) said that they are not looking for a fight with people, so will not confront them if not wearing masks. NY covid positivity rate down to 1.2%

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

They said yes.

IMO, it's not they are unhappy. They are just confused and who can blame them. They've been told the same thing over and over again for 14 months in regards to safety protocol and now, within a matter of days, nearly everything has changed.

Theyre not unhappy. They just have an error in their programming and the default is emotion.

correcaminos

Can't understand why someone who has the vaccine cares whether or not other people are wearing a mask.
I f they are with people who cannot be vaccinated or did not produce antibodies, would you understand that?

I'm thrilled outdoor masks are gone (understanding being in queue is "indoors") but I'm aware not everyone is the same. A little respect and understanding goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom