News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerMember

Numbers by the middle of June should be telling with the combination of reduced mitigation and the holiday weekend. I think we make it to there without a major spike then we are in the clear until fall which will be the next test.
No. It’s seasonal. Hope Simpson. It has nothing to do with “holiday weekends”.

FormerMember

Real talk. We masked up due to hospitalizations and deaths. Those are falling rapidly. We are nearing the maximum level of vaccination we will see without bribing—~70%. If things like this and the OH lottery get us to 75 or 80%, wonderful. Sitting and waiting won’t get the unwilling or apathetic to pull up their sleeves. So we turn to bribery and, eventually, coercion.

In the meantime, mandates can ease with low risk. The hope is by easing now, people will take the CDC seriously if we ever need masks again.
Exactly. There isn’t an emergency anymore.

Nickp1983

id say depends on universal.. I think disney is playing it safe and not doing anything before they do.
I'd have to imagine both have already had this entire situation planned out... and were most likely in the know well before these announcements happened.
Changing guidance to basically match what they already have at the water parks shouldn't be hard. You'd hope

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd have to imagine both have already had this entire situation planned out... and were most likely in the know well before these announcements happened.
Changing guidance to basically match what they already have at the water parks shouldn't be hard. You'd hope
Disney was caught off guard by the CDC yesterday and how far they went. It has created quite a scramble.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So pretty much Bobby was just making it all up on the fly during the earnings call? I’m not surprised....
Well I think that is why we did not hear specifics, but he was obviously aware of what had been said and had a short period to prepare something to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom