News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

disneygeek90

It is funny, I understand fully why people don't want masks any more - but when they want social distancing to go away, I'm like - you enjoy being crammed up against other sweaty people basically touching you from all sides? LOL.
I understand why it's needed/sought after for on a business level, but as far as a guest experience goes I was in no hurry to eliminate distancing. I don't want to be right up against the person in front of me anymore than I want the person behind me on me.

In the Velocicoaster queue last night most were naturally keeping at least 3-6 feet away. 3 really is about the minimum for personal space anyway.

Disney Glimpses

@JD2000 currently anyone under the age of 12 cannot get a vaccine. You seem to be missing this point over and over and over again.
The rate of vaccinations under age 12 when they become available is going to be incredibly low. If you're relying on that cohort getting vaccinated before things return completely to normal, I suggest you prepare for disappointment.

Disney Glimpses

?? how would you even know something like this? can you tell me which cryptocoin is going to take off next week while you're at it? I'm not relying on anything to do anything, just saying that not everyone has been given the opportunity to get vaccinated and the dude crying about goalposts being moved is now saying that those under 12 don't really matter anyway.

I think you are referring to someone else, this is the first time I have ever spoken to you.

Baloo62

This is great news and a game changer. To me, three feet is just normal personal space. If in the coarse of conversation someone gets closer than 3 feet from me, I find myself taking a step backwards. This would pretty much return the queues to normal capacity. The one thing we really missed during our March trip was the parking lot trams. Unless you arrive before opening, no trams can make for a l-o-n-g walk to and from your vehicle. After a few days, we coughed up the extra fee for Preferred Parking, which we have never done before. Hopefully the trams will be one of the next things to return!

Last edited:

tpac24

Nah, I want distancing gone because the park isn’t built for people to stand far away from each other. Also, I don’t hate other people. It’s ok if a stranger is in my vicinity.
For the most part I like people too but just not on top of me!! Nothing makes me more anxious than the funnel line from the stretching room to the Doom buggies. I am so afraid I am going to get separated from my party and have to ride by myself! :)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So the other thing the CDC said today was that fully vaccinated people no longer need to physically distance, and I’m wondering if we think we will start seeing roughly immediate changes at WDW as a result. Thoughts? Inside scoops?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So the other thing the CDC said today was that fully vaccinated people no longer need to physically distance, and I’m wondering if we think we will start seeing roughly immediate changes at WDW as a result. Thoughts? Inside scoops?
But people who aren't should distance.

So, a vaccinated person moves through a crowd of unvaccinated people and they all have to scatter!!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

So, a vaccinated person moves through a crowd of unvaccinated people and they all have to scatter!!
They shouldn’t be in a crowd to begin with!

Or, for that matter, at Disney World*

*unless they are children too young to be at meaningful risk of experiencing serious Covid complications

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If they continue to require masks indoors which I think they will for maybe another month or so, I could see them eliminating social distancing everywhere and no masks outdoors. Fireworks and shows returning anyone?

ToTBellHop

I intend to ignore the social distance tape and just bum rush the next group but tell my kids to stay on the tape so I get some quiet.

Vaccinated people going on small world:
1620951773225.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom