News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder if this is for Avengers Campus or part of the new Epcot ride:

And it moves and strikes poses just like the Boston Dynamics (and other companies') bipedal robots.

I don't want to take away any praise for packaging this with a facial package all in one, small self-contained unit. But... it seems to be leveraging tech already out there. Which is great. But not worth, IMO, to get as excited and hyped as this Twitter author.

FigmentFan82

And it moves and strikes poses just like the Boston Dynamics (and other companies') bipedal robots.

I don't want to take away any praise for packaging this with a facial package all in one, small self-contained unit. But... it seems to be leveraging tech already out there. Which is great. But not worth, IMO, to get as excited and hyped as this Twitter author.
Just because multiple companies are simultaneously developing similar tech does not necessarily mean they are using the same methods. Each could be making their own significant breakthroughs in achieving similar goals.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So are there any future plans of masking this with tree cover? I know the building is 100+ feet tall so tree cover isn't going to be the only solution but it would help.

Nothing a hundred or so 400 year old redwoods wouldn’t cover. 😉

No plans beyond the current paint scheme that I’ve read.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Interesting development. Can anybody vouch for it's authenticity?

It says: SAUSZY

Presumably "SAUS" is short for Sausalito, which is Disney's project name for the GotG Coaster. And it sounds like a roguish "saucy."

1619326284285.png

1619326817074.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom