Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Children of all ages will be eligible in a month or two?
Maybe by Sept for 5+. Not all kids. I was referring more to the part of the post about eventually accepting that some people won’t get vaccinated. It’s not time for that yet, there’s still hope for getting more people in. In a month or 2 if we get enough people in the rest won‘t matter as much.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe by Sept for 5+. Not all kids. I was referring more to the part of the post about eventually accepting that some people won’t get vaccinated. It’s not time for that yet, there’s still hope for getting more people in. In a month or 2 if we get enough people in the rest won‘t matter as much.
So by October-December as we don't gave major COVID-19 problem like surges/spikes anymore along with masks/social distancing will gone for sure.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Presumably, those states have a higher value they’ll accept for normal. This is a failing of the federal government to set a national policy goal. Biden should be the one to set an acceptable goal for the nation. Then states could argue if they want a higher spread goal.

If talking about an acceptable level of death and other long term impacts is uncomfortable, they should just set a vaccinated goal, high enough to get the desired outcome. Again, a federal goal would set a floor states could argue around, along with the metric. Instead of some using “adults” and others “population”.

States removing mitigations without stating a goal are saying the current level is the goal by omission. It’s sneaky and magical thinking that it’s better than the stats show (for most states).

A national goal wouldn't hurt, but for political reasons it's unlikely that states like Florida and Texas would care what goals the federal government set.

FormerMember

Thats what herd immunity is for. Not everyone can get vaccinated. But the more people who refuse for no good reason means 1) People who can never be are put at risk and 2) The longer it takes, the bigger the chance the virus can mutate to the point the current vaccines stop working.

Sometimes it's not just all about you.
Irrelevant. I’m dealing in realities. Not fantasies. People who can’t be vaccinated are the same people who are always in danger. They need to look out for themselves. There is Zero evidence of a virus ever mutating to become more virulent. Try and relax, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine we beat this particular pandemic. Be grateful, be happy, be optimistic. It’s over for anyone who wants it to be over.

Tony Perkis

Just something to think about. If people are constantly verbally attacked, villainized as problem causers and framed as being sub-intelligent. I do not see those folks being very cooperative or motivated to seeing things in a different way, rather, digging their heals in and resisting. How about cooling it on the rhetoric and stop being mighty / mighty !
If those people would simply get the vaccine, problem solved.

lazyboy97o

Who said anything about a vaccine passport? Who said businesses can’t enforce what policies they want? I said it would create an incentive for people to get vaccinated if the fed said vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks. If the CDC said that it’s not binding or law that business must follow. They would still have the right to refuse service to whoever doesn’t follow their policies. But it would also increase the amount of vaccinations which would cause these businesses to change their policies faster than they currently are.
The only way the CDC saying what you want is an incentive in places like Georgia and Florida is if businesses drop their rules. So unless businesses adjust their rules to allow no masks for the vaccinated, which would require some sort of verification and is illegal in Florida, then there is no actual incentive.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Who said anything about a vaccine passport? Who said businesses can’t enforce what policies they want? I said it would create an incentive for people to get vaccinated if the fed said vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks. If the CDC said that it’s not binding or law that business must follow. They would still have the right to refuse service to whoever doesn’t follow their policies. But it would also increase the amount of vaccinations which would cause these businesses to change their policies faster than they currently are.

The CDC basically has said that vaccinated people don't need to wear masks. From the CDC web site:

If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart.
The problem is, there aren't a lot of situations where you can guaranteed you are only around other vaccinated people.

ImperfectPixie

Irrelevant. I’m dealing in realities. Not fantasies. People who can’t be vaccinated are the same people who are always in danger. They need to look out for themselves. There is Zero evidence of a virus ever mutating to become more virulent. Try and relax, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine we beat this particular pandemic. Be grateful, be happy, be optimistic. It’s over for anyone who wants it to be over.
Except that's nonsense and you know it.

It's not over. There are parties involved in making the rules who are virtually guaranteeing that it drags out.

FormerMember

Do you doubt that mostly everyone would get the shot if offered $1M? As I’ve said too many times already tonight it’s just not practical to implement a plan where we actually allow anyone who is vaccinated to stop wearing a mask everywhere. It would be nice if that was possible, but it’s not.
Do you doubt that if I offered mostly everyone 1m to not get the vaccine that mostly everyone would reject it?

Tony Perkis

Do the vaccines work?
Yes. They’re highly effective and safe, but some people are still concerned for their health because too many people won’t get the vaccine, hence the need for restrictions until certain thresholds are hit.

Just because a vaccine exists doesn’t mean it’s time to open everything up.

The nuance in the argument about keeping restrictions in place isn’t tough to find.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If the vaccine works, restrictions are based on even less then they were originally based on. If you believe the vaccine works, then there is no need for restrictions. Get the widely available Vax and you are safe.

btw....get the vaccine and you are safe.

But we haven't had enough time for even all adults who want one to be fully vaccinated. As I said above, I got my first shot one day after I was eligible and I am still 2 1/2 weeks from being fully vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom