Better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Better ride? Explain.
Walt Disney World Resort Height Requirements | Favorite Grampy Travels
Space Mountain | Walt Disney World Resort

Markiewong

The fact that Seven Dwarfs is the most comfortable coaster I have ever been on (and its a vekoma lol) makes it a win for me. The landscaping is superior and I like the swaying. Ride length is the biggest shortcoming. A Big Thunder Mountain sized ride with the trains of Seven Dwarf would be amazing.

Space Mountain offers more thrill and the design of the building is iconic. However it is becoming dated, was quite rough and I am pretty biased since the Paris one was my first Space Mountain..

LittleMerman

Space Mountain! I always forget how intense it is. It's a really good coaster and it's a fairly long experience. Mine Train is so cute - I love the character scenes, especially the mine/jewels scene - but it's so short.

Robbydj13

7 Dwarfs was a huge let down to me. Way to short and not near enough thrills. A great ride for those seek something much tamer and offering great theming, visuals and queue.

Weather_Lady

7DMT is charming and beautifully themed, but it looks and feels like a kiddie ride.

Space Mountain, even though it's not as good as it used to be in my opinion (e.g., when the lighting effects were better -- e.g., tumbling meteor projections, etc.) or as good as the Disneyland version, is a much better thrill and offers greater "re-rideability."

aliceismad

DL Space Mountain > Seven Dwarfs > MK Space Mountain

7DMT is just fun. I love the swinging carts. I love the ride overall. It's beautiful and interesting and has good integration of the characters. I wish it were a tad longer and the line was more reasonable. I think 7DMT's real downfall (like many WDW rides) is the line length. MK's Space Mountain is enjoyable, but it needs a refurb.

Parker in NYC

The whiplash of Space Mountain is getting less and less charming as the years go on. I physically can’t do it more than once a trip these days.

erasure fan1

Between these two, it is a toss up in my eyes. Space, as we all know, is terribly rough and just painful to ride. 7d is wonderfully themed and super smooth but criminally short. If Disney ever decides to modernize the track to smooth out the ride, it would be the winner for me. Unfortunately there really isn't much they can do to fix 7d length at this point.

KikoKea

7DMT is smooth and pretty, but SM is much more thrilling. When a nearly 90 yr old woman (my mom) says 7DMT wasn't long enough, you know it is TOO SHORT!:D

HouCuseChickie

7DMT is cute and I like the concept, but it's such a miserably uncomfortable ride for both me and my husband. I could be in a fluffy phase or a really fit phase, but no matter how big or small I am, it is horribly painful on my hips. I know Space Mountain can cause discomfort issues too, but my body will take that any day over 7DMT.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
7DMT feels incomplete to me. The "thrill" sections are too short and the dark ride portions seem to barely have a story. Not to mention how awful I think the projected faces on each Dwarf animatronic look.

Space Mountain has better thrills and while it doesn't exactly have a plot, it isn't really trying to have one anyway so the theming is sufficient.

Robbydj13

7DMT feels incomplete to me. The "thrill" sections are too short and the dark ride portions seem to barely have a story. Not to mention how awful I think the projected faces on each Dwarf animatronic look.

Space Mountain has better thrills and while it doesn't exactly have a plot, it isn't really trying to have one anyway so the theming is sufficient.
It's super short, and I've never understood why. It literally feels like I just got off the Barnstormer

KikoKea

7DMT is cute and I like the concept, but it's such a miserably uncomfortable ride for both me and my husband. I could be in a fluffy phase or a really fit phase, but no matter how big or small I am, it is horribly painful on my hips. I know Space Mountain can cause discomfort issues too, but my body will take that any day over 7DMT.
Those seats are narrow and uncomfortable to me, too. An odd design.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom