Changing spark plugs but do I need...???

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I'm at 75,000 miles on my Mazda CX-5
At the oil change tomorrow I've requested new spark plugs ( as per the manual's suggestion)
The Mazda Dealership also recommends " Intake Plenum gasket " if available
I have no idea what that is and wish to just get new spark plugs.
Do new sparks NEED to have a new "Intake Plenum Gasket" for the spark plugs to function properly?

Lilofan

I'm at 75,000 miles on my Mazda CX-5
At the oil change tomorrow I've requested new spark plugs ( as per the manual's suggestion)
The Mazda Dealership also recommends " Intake Plenum gasket " if available
I have no idea what that is and wish to just get new spark plugs.
Do new sparks NEED to have a new "Intake Plenum Gasket" for the spark plugs to function properly?
The intake gasket has to be removed before you change the spark plugs. It is just another tactic to extort more $$ from the customer to replace the gasket. I would just say " I need the spark plugs changed period". Dealerships or some call stealerships want to make more profits.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
The intake gasket has to be removed before you change the spark plugs. It is just another tactic to extort more $$ from the customer to replace the gasket. I would just say " I need the spark plugs changed period". Dealerships or some call stealerships want to make more profits.
I joined a Mazda forum that has the same format program as wdwmagic. This allowed me to quickly get acclimated and post a thread.
I was told that the gasket on my 4 cylinder Mazda CX-5 does NOT need to be removed to change the spark plugs.
I'll try to post that Mazda thread here...

Lilofan

I joined a Mazda forum that has the same format program as wdwmagic. This allowed me to quickly get acclimated and post a thread.
I was told that the gasket on my 4 cylinder Mazda CX-5 does NOT need to be removed to change the spark plugs.
I'll try to post that Mazda thread here...
That's true 4cylinder and you don't have to remove the gasket, if you have a 6 cylinder then you remove the gasket to get to the plugs.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
The front desk girl offered the gasket but then the manager spoke up and said it wasn't needed. He knew what I was gonna say before I could say it😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom