which resort

ilovelabs2021

I think the Tower at Coronado looks lovely and has good food options, but CBR does have the Skyliner. Is pool an issue? We looked into pools at both resorts when we were thinking of staying there for our last trip (we didn't end up choosing either) and the Coronado pool looked more suited to adults and teens than the CBR pool which looked good for littles.

daisy13

We ruled out the rooms in the tower because of the bathroom layout. Only the toilet is in a closed off area, meaning the vanity area is unavailable while someone else is showering. Didn't work for our group, so it's something to consider.

mrs moon

Original Poster
We ruled out the rooms in the tower because of the bathroom layout. Only the toilet is in a closed off area, meaning the vanity area is unavailable while someone else is showering. Didn't work for our group, so it's something to consider.
yes I did wonder this

Stellajack

Premium Member
I'm not sure about the Skyliner early in the morning if you plan to do rope drop because I have not stayed where Skyliner is available. I have read in several articles that you may or may not make it to rope drop in time using the Skyliner. If that is not important to you, the other issue would be to check with availability for your dates at each resort. Supposedly according to one of the Disney blogs, the Moderates of Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs are rapidly filling. If that is true, it gives me some hope for one of the Port Orleans possibly opening in summer. The blog actually put this possibility in the blog.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
From a pure resort v resort standpoint I think Coronado is better. More options and better grounds IMO.

But you have to weigh the Skyliner aspect. You basically have easy access to Boardwalk, POP and AoA - and you can walk to Riviera. So all-in-all, staying at CBR will give you better access to more overall options.

mrs moon

Original Poster
From a pure resort v resort standpoint I think Coronado is better. More options and better grounds IMO.

But you have to weigh the Skyliner aspect. You basically have easy access to Boardwalk, POP and AoA - and you can walk to Riviera. So all-in-all, staying at CBR will give you better access to more overall options.
good point..Thank you

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm not sure about the Skyliner early in the morning if you plan to do rope drop because I have not stayed where Skyliner is available. I have read in several articles that you may or may not make it to rope drop in time using the Skyliner. If that is not important to you, the other issue would be to check with availability for your dates at each resort. Supposedly according to one of the Disney blogs, the Moderates of Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs are rapidly filling. If that is true, it gives me some hope for one of the Port Orleans possibly opening in summer. The blog actually put this possibility in the blog.
Those articles are not correct. We rode the Skyliner to rope drop Hollywood Studios several times and we were in line for temperature screenings before a single bus had arrived and before traffic was even allowed to enter the parking lot.

Tony the Tigger

CBR is our fave since before the Skyliner, so I’m biased. But you may not like what I like - the tropical vibe, specific dishes at the food court, the lounge.

Coronado has a gym. That was kind of my only plus for that one.

Chi84

Premium Member
Which area in CBR would you recommend?

We are currently booked at Pop but thinking about upgrading to CBR.
If I can weigh in, we stayed in Jamaica and loved the close proximity to the Skyliner when we wanted quick transportation to EPCOT and HS. We don’t mind walking, so the fact that it was a little farther to the dining area and main pool didn’t matter.

Goof-Man

in my opinion the distance from Aruba and Jamaica to old port royale is a plus. Yes you have to walk but I feel it distances out the crowd and it’s a great walk to warm up before hitting the parks for the day!

Rob562

If I can weigh in, we stayed in Jamaica and loved the close proximity to the Skyliner when we wanted quick transportation to EPCOT and HS. We don’t mind walking, so the fact that it was a little farther to the dining area and main pool didn’t matter.

We stayed in Jamaica Building 45 eons ago, well before the renovation, and felt it was a great balance of convenience to both the bus stop and the bridge over to Old Port Royale, while also being able to have the price of a standard-view room. Now that the Skyliner is also a quick walk away, if we stay there we're definitely asking for a room in Jamaica. (Though the bf is a bit weirded out by the idea of the gondolas going directly over the building (which he fully admits is an odd, irrational fear), so perhaps not in buildings 44 or 45)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom