Mask Suggestions

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
To any of you who have been to WDW in the heat, any suggestions as to any particular masks which are the lightest and/or coolest when dealing with the heat?

Thanks in advance!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
To add. On the disposables. Make sure you take several per individual. I usually go through one every two hours or so. Sometimes quicker if I’m eating. They tend to become irritating after a while. A change into a fresh one helps. At least for me it does.
Great advice, thanks!

NelleBelle

We just got back and I used a FFP2 mask (what they use in Germany in place of N95 masks). They come 2 to a pkg, were light wt, did not touch my face/mouth, did not make my ears sore (although they did come with those silicone ear adjusters). You can wash and reuse them as they are sturdy enough for that. I bought a couple cases when they were on sale from this place:
https://sqmedicalsupplies.com/collections/respirators/products/ffp2-face-mask-c-shape-design

MickeyLuv'r

Haven't been there in the heat but the Disney sold ones I found very comfortable for long use at work. Only issue was with fogging of glasses.
One way to reduce fogging is to find a mask with a moldable metal nose insert. The better the mask seals in the nose area the less fogging.

A second possible way to reduce fogging is to wear the glasses further down your nose, esp if you can wear them below the top edge of the mask, sorta like some folks wear bifocals.

MickeyLuv'r

When wearing masks for longer periods, the ear loops start to hurt.
1. solution is to get the masks with longer straps. Instead of putting them on your ears, wear a ponytail, and loop them over the base of the ponytail. If that's not possible, extend the loops with couple of rubber bands, and or a small clip, or a shoelace.

2. There are also now inexpensive silicone inserts to wear under a mask if the mask gets clingy. The only downside is that they add weight.

3. I t might sound gross, but a slightly damp mask offers more protection than a dry mask. I don't have a link, but the research was done at NIST (part of the Dept of Commerce).

eliza61nyc

I also have not been to the world yet with themask. I've got an early september trip planned. My go to mask are the evolve together mask.

they are really really comfortable. even when I wear them for hours ear straps never irritate. I agree with the glasses fogging thing. I have gotten use to wearing my glasses a little further down

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom