Star Trek land at Universal?

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Personally I could see a Star Trek land replace Supercharged and the San Francisco section since starfleet academy is based in San Francisco. Or since Star Trek Prodigy will be on Nickelodeon they could more Nickelodeon to the parks?

Last edited:

seascape

Plus it seems like it's been a rumor for a long time.
I would prefer Viacom to buy Cedar Fair and get back in the themepark business. Further, AT&T should buy back Six Flags and put all the WB IP there. Think about the competition and advances we could get if we had 4 strong themepark and Entertainment companies competing against each other.

jeanericuser001

index.jpg

As much as I like the idea of a star trek addition to the park I sort of have to ask the question of if this is too little too late. Many of the current shows are really old. The newer shows barely pull the numbers they use to. Hell there hasn't been a decent star trek movie in quite a long time. Even if they did a hhn borg house it would not be something that hasn't been done before. You also have to remember that they tried this before in vegas and Im not so sure that went very well.

JoeCamel

As much as I like the idea of a star trek addition to the park I sort of have to ask the question of if this is too little too late. Many of the current shows are really old. The newer shows barely pull the numbers they use to. Hell there hasn't been a decent star trek movie in quite a long time. Even if they did a hhn borg house it would not be something that hasn't been done before. You also have to remember that they tried this before in vegas and Im not so sure that went very well.
Now you opened a can of controversy...

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I would prefer Viacom to buy Cedar Fair and get back in the themepark business. Further, AT&T should buy back Six Flags and put all the WB IP there. Think about the competition and advances we could get if we had 4 strong themepark and Entertainment companies competing against each other.
I agree! That would be awesome. Peronsally I want to see AT&T to put more effort into the Six Flags parks. Plus it would be great to have a Paramount Park in the US.

celluloid

Star Trek is still large enough to have a presence in a sci fi area of Fantastic Worlds. There is a good history with Viacom/Paramount and Universal attractions.
If you look to the right hand side of the original public concept art of Fantastic Worlds, you can see a very inspired by design that evokes it.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Star Trek is still large enough to have a presence in a sci fi area of Fantastic Worlds. There is a good history with Viacom/Paramount and Universal attractions.
If you look to the right hand side of the original public concept art of Fantastic Worlds, you can see a very inspired by design that evokes it.
The new park is called epic universe. I believe as of now the 4 lands excluding the hub are themed to Nintendo, classic monsters, harry potter, and how to train your dragon. It would be great if Universal adds a Star Trek Land.

lazyboy97o

The hub is a sort of space fantasy but not Star Trek.
The new park is called epic universe. I believe as of now the 4 lands excluding the hub are themed to Nintendo, classic monsters, harry potter, and how to train your dragon. It would be great if Universal adds a Star Trek Land.
It was going to be called Fantastic Worlds but Warner Bros. though it too close to Fantastic Beasts.

celluloid

Again, just to specify I was speaking of the original concept art. The lands have changed yet again from the ones you mentioned, slightly. The concept art shows the sci fi area.

You are also missing a central land in that list.

@lazyboy97o
No, that is a different fantasy. The hub is the land that is not set on a name yet but was being worked out as Celestial Gardens. The sci fi area to the side is different than the hub. Star Trek was one attraction with another for that area.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Again, just to specify I was speaking of the original concept art. The lands have changed yet again from the ones you mentioned, slightly. The concept art shows the sci fi area.

@lazyboy97o
No, that is a different fantasy. The hub is the land that is not set on a name yet but was being worked out as Celestial Gardens. The sci fi area to the side is different than the hub. Star Trek was one attraction with another for that area.
Oh ok. Which lands have changed? I was going off on stuff that I read on the Universal Forums. Have plans changed for the new park?

celluloid

For reference to what I was mentioning. The right side there is the very planets in orbit entrance there with a curved building facade to a larger building above those two sci fi coasters. That was the sci fi area design at the time and where the Star Trek attraction was penned.

Attachments

• startrek.jpg
    startrek.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 142

lazyboy97o

@lazyboy97o
That area is considered part of the hub.
Yes, even before Covid19 things had been altered a bit. I like to think the monsters merch resurgence success and nostalgia will keep them going though.
There was not a change to the lands. Construction was halted because the construction permits have been received.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
For reference to what I was mentioning. The right side there is the very planets in orbit entrance there with a curved building facade to a larger building above those two sci fi coasters. That was the sci fi area design at the time and where the Star Trek attraction was penned.
Oh wow that's really interesting. I had no idea a Star Trek ride was in the plans.

celluloid

That area is considered part of the hub.

There was not a change to the lands. Construction was halted because the construction permits have been received.

Nope, again, pre Covid19. Monsters was in Flux. Some other things have changed slightly as well. It is half expansion pad. It is deceiving because well, it is early concept art to get something out there when Epic was announced to the public. Particularly the stadium area you see and beneath it is reserved more Nintendo Expansion in the hopes it is a hit similarly to Potter.

some other guy

I recall catching the Vegas thing. It was really neat. The ride part was unremarkable, but the "get beamed onto the 1701-D and take a turbolift up to the bridge" part was totally great
I'm not sure how well it could handle crowds at a full theme park as opposed to a part of a hotel in Vegas, but walking out onto the bridge ruled.
As for a "land" at Uni, I dunno. You could probably blue sky a bunch of stuff actually good or just lol, but given what a mess the rights have been I can easily see why any active park would just NOPE out on the idea rather than step into it.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
View attachment 550196
I disagree I loved the JJ Trek movies and the first 2 did really well. Heck another movie is coming out in 2023 and there are 3 new shows for Star Trek on Paramount Plus not including Star Trek Prodigy which will be a big hit with kids. Star Trek as a property and a brand is still very successful.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom