News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If that is your take away from my post - you really need to step away from the computer. Because you have zero ability to actually follow the written word.
What they are trying to get at is as follows: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Oh, I'm understanding what is trying to be said... It was just an extremely poor analogy. Comparing people's appearance to trash on the ground makes literally no sense...

If you had said something along the lines of "Imagine actually caring if someone was dressed up as an astronaut in Frontierland" as your basis, that would make sense. The one you chose, does not. Those are two ENTIRELY different subjects that do not relate to each other like. At all.

lazyboy97o

But you did use it to mash up between cultural appropriation and just visual standards. It wasn't that logical but was hopping around.

The policy tried to set an objective standard for size that was RELATIVE to the individual's size. That isn't that hard to digest.
I didn’t hop around or mash up size with appropriation. If tattoos are fine then size and location should not matter. These standards of size and location also still prevent actual cultural tattoos.

Amidala

Pick a decade, pick the oppressed.

It's not like I'm suggesting a retheme of Splash Mountain to the Bull Connor Flume Spectacular.
I mean, yes, oppression still exists today but segregation ended in ‘64. Don’t think I should really have to ‘pick the oppressed’ in this case, I figured that much should be pretty clear?

And no part of MK is actually themed to the 50s anyway. MS is turn of the century and Liberty Square is the American Revolution. Confused as to why the 50s should be factoring in at all, aesthetically or otherwise.

Amidala

This is exactly it.

Definitely. They’re already hiring externally for Housekeeping (FT which is rare) and Lifeguard, and I’m sure other high need departments like QSFB won’t be far behind with summer coming up. IIRC they’re not allowed to hire externally for a given role unless they’ve offered every furloughed and laid off CM an opportunity to come back, which means they’ve already exhausted their supply of CMs on call for those roles.

I have a friend who was recently called back to QS (she was laid off, not furloughed) & she said she was shocked at the rehire because she was on the second to last page of a 110 page list of CMs. And with that in mind, the location is still massively understaffed. They may have been a little too hasty with some of these layoffs and are going to need to do a lot of hiring once the park is operating at full capacity again, especially with new attractions opening later this year.

Gringrinngghost

Pick a decade, pick the oppressed.

It's not like I'm suggesting a retheme of Splash Mountain to the Bull Connor Flume Spectacular.
Look how far we’ve progressed. Just look at Song of the South. It had its issues even at released. We’ve gone from showing it in the 1980s in theaters to it not being released.
I mean, yes, oppression still exists today but segregation ended in ‘64. Don’t think I should really have to ‘pick the oppressed’ in this case, I figured that much should be pretty clear?

And no part of MK is actually themed to the 50s anyway. MS is turn of the century and Liberty Square is the American Revolution. Confused as to why the 50s should be factoring in at all, aesthetically or otherwise.

People are saying that “this is not it what Walt wanted” and Walt made those decisions in the 1950s

HarperRose

Definitely. They’re already hiring externally for Housekeeping (FT which is rare) and Lifeguard, and I’m sure other high need departments like QSFB won’t be far behind with summer coming up. IIRC they’re not allowed to hire externally for a given role unless they’ve offered every furloughed and laid off CM an opportunity to come back, which means they’ve already exhausted their supply of CMs on call for those roles.

I have a friend who was recently called back to QS (she was laid off, not furloughed) & she said she was shocked at the rehire because she was on the second to last page of a 110 page list of CMs. And with that in mind, the location is still massively understaffed. They may have been a little too hasty with some of these layoffs and are going to need to do a lot of hiring once the park is operating at full capacity again, especially with new attractions opening later this year.
I was there a month ago and the evidence of being under-staffed was literally everywhere in the parks and resorts. It was very noticeable to a repeat visitor.

Once in the bubble, it would be nice to have the illusion of 1955 than a reminder of 2021.
Ummmm...
Brady Bunch K GIF

eliza61nyc

Wrong religion it’s what would Walt say!

I don’t think southwest employees look nearly as professional as delta employees.
Oh I do and I think that's why Disney is relaxing. Button down suit and tie is just one way to look "professional". It's a more dressed up version and totally appropriate in certain situations. If I'm an attorney going into a judges chamber that has an appropriate look. Those old fashioned skirt and jacket airline apparel look cheap mainly because they are cheaply made..
Also don't confuse"professional" looking for "sameness". Delta apparel simply all look the same but again imo that does not convey professionalism, it just screams "uniform"

Lilofan

I was there a month ago and the evidence of being under-staffed was literally everywhere in the parks and resorts. It was very noticeable to a repeat visitor.
That's no joke. A member advised of their family checking in / waiting several hours in the PM for their hotel room to be ready at a Disney resort.

eliza61nyc

Professionalism counts. Remember years ago when Disney security were dressed and looked like the Good Humor ice cream man? Now Disney security have more professional attire.
I thought that was to be undercover?? Along the same lines of having plainclothes police

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom