News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

UNCgolf

Absolutely they should. And adhere to park capacity like they also used to, not pick some arbitrary figure when the RCFD think it’s unsafe.

WDW for us is almost not value for money nowerdays.

I said it above, but I think the ticket prices are the cheapest part of the whole experience and the only thing that doesn't seem wildly overpriced. The cost for food, merchandise, and (especially) resort rooms are much more out of line with value than the ticket itself.

I suppose that depends on when you're visiting, of course, but paying a few hundred dollars for a week long ticket doesn't really seem out of touch with reality when you have to spend $40 to go to a nice aquarium for a few hours one day.

Wouldn't that mean Universal is not value for the money too? Last time I went to Universal the ticket price was exactly the same as it was at Disney, and although I like Universal, the Disney parks still offer far more to me than Universal does at the moment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I said it above, but I think the ticket prices are the cheapest part of the whole experience and the only thing that doesn't seem wildly overpriced. The cost for food, merchandise, and (especially) resort rooms are much more out of line with value than the ticket itself.

I suppose that depends on when you're visiting, of course, but paying a few hundred dollars for a week long ticket doesn't really seem out of touch with reality when you have to spend $40 to go to a nice aquarium for a few hours one day.

Wouldn't that mean Universal is not value for the money too? Last time I went to Universal the ticket price was exactly the same as it was at Disney, and although I like Universal, the Disney parks still offer far more to me than Universal does at the moment.
Personally I can’t comment on Universal. But I can say the whole WDW experience is getting closer to not being enough value for money for us. And we’re extremely lucky enough to be able to “do Orlando” cheaper than a lot of people.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Absolutely they should. And adhere to park capacity like they also used to, not pick some arbitrary figure when the RCFD think it’s unsafe. Capacity used to be capped when it was unpleasant for the guest. Not when the park couldn’t be cleared quick enough.

WDW for us is almost not value for money nowerdays.
WDW is value . A cup of coffee on the other hand has a 91.5% profit margin which is highway robbery but many are willing to buy a cup of java without even blinking an eye.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
WDW is value . A cup of coffee on the other hand has a 91.5% profit margin which is highway robbery but many are willing to buy a cup of java without even blinking an eye.
bob-chapek-opening-star-wars-galaxys-edge.png

HarperRose

I'm talking about alternatives that would get you, and your luggage, to a hotel, not necessarily an exact replacement service. Those alternatives include Lyft or Uber. For a family of four, the cost would be around $30 (in total, not per person) each way, and though I've never needed one myself, I believe Lyft and Uber also offer minivans for larger parties, at a slightly higher cost.
Just for fun, I priced out a Lyft ride from MCO to Disney Springs right now, a Monday, at non-peak time. A Lyft is $34 plus tip and a Lyft XL (which you would need for a larger family or a lot of luggage) is $44 plus tip.

Car seats would be required, so you would have had to bring them with you on the plane from home.

If you've never traveled with children, you can't possibly understand the hassle of having to travel with car seats on a plane.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

$600 for a 5 day park hopper is cheap? For my family of 6, if we bought park tickets every time we went, it would unequivocally be the most expensive part of a vacation (DVC, and park tickets are why we have AP’s... for as long as we can renew them).

ImperfectPixie

Just for fun, I priced out a Lyft ride from MCO to Disney Springs right now, a Monday, at non-peak time. A Lyft is $34 plus tip and a Lyft XL (which you would need for a larger family or a lot of luggage) is $44 plus tip.

Car seats would be required, so you would have had to bring them with you on the plane from home.

If you've never traveled with children, you can't possibly understand the hassle of having to travel with car seats on a plane.
What hassle? The biggest hassle for us was getting them from the bus we take from where we park to where you check them with the airline. Other than that, it was a piece of cake.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Funny you should use coffee as your example. Literally the case study used in every MBA program for a decade to teach value based pricing was Keurig and their outrageous prices.

You can buy it here for the low price of $9 if it’s value is $9 to you. Harvard will make a $9 profit if you do.

It’s a great read for understanding that maximizing value and maximizing profit are literally the opposite of one another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom