Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
OMG, so many comments!!! We really could be twin sisters because so much of your commentary are things that I have thought and actually complained to Disney about the last few years!;) That loud music and the CM screaming into the microphone at the resort pools is a pet peeve with me and I have written twice and spoken with guest services several times about it! Why can't the kids entertain themselves in the pool like we all did as kids? OK, I'm down with the trivia contests at the pool but all the rest is really annoying to most adults who want to read or just sleep at the pool!:rolleyes: Sorry your Asian salad was a disappointment but your sandwiches and desserts at the Patisserie looked yummy! The Tiki lamp for $300 looks kind of similar to the one my DH surprised me with from Aulani back in 2016. It was $250 which I didn't want to spend but, knowing how much I adored it, he ordered it online for a Christmas gift that year!🥰
twins GIF by Soul Train
hayley mills twins GIF

I think Pirates has one of the top 5 weirdest queue paths that I've encountered. Go in the exit doors on the right side of outdoor queue and then back out the main door and more switchbacks to go right back in...
the office yes GIF

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You know, I've never set foot in here. Eating that shake and cheeseburger combo in the Magic Kingdom...may just change my mind.
real housewives of new jersey GIF

Oh the Disney experts! They are fun to listen to sometimes, like on this last trip I learned that the first 3-4 minutes of Tower of Terror we ride through scenes in the hotel in a Jeep. Then after the Jeep we get into the elevator to make the drop. And the Tower used to have 6 or 8 elevator shafts but Disney must of have gotten rid of them.
gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Hell's Kitchen

You're lucky you don't have my kids;)
Oh I did....my boys are just grown and gone!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu they leave eventually????? Will that be before their food bill pushes me into bankruptcy?
Can’t promise you won’t be bankrupt, but I can promise you will miss them....a lot.
Not so much Disney experts, but on our last trip, we were on our way to FoP and we heard this woman saying "The wait time is 180 minutes...that's almost 3 hours!!" Yeah....almost.
Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Received an email from my vet this morning.

DA16CBEC-BCC3-4C8E-B906-E6CE3BD0AE43.jpeg

Can’t believe he’s 5 years old! He was so small when he joined our family.

26D6C9A7-BB37-43D3-95B8-B5354B9FBDBE.jpeg

9D899934-9EB9-4F7A-A674-365062B23A70.jpeg

He has a HUGE personality now. And he loves to play with stuffed animals.

3192562C-D15D-404B-A99C-2DB943869E5C.jpeg

4CD21D89-9BBD-4DC6-A662-CF0BFB5DEF06.jpeg

CFE4796D-A697-4E54-9418-8335FE24C119.jpeg

Be extra nice to him today Woody, since I can’t. :cat:

Last edited:

Woodywrkr

Received an email from my vet this morning.

View attachment 546693

View attachment 546697

He has a HUGE personality now. And he loves to play with stuffed animals.

View attachment 546694

View attachment 546695

View attachment 546696

Be extra nice to him today Woody, since I can’t. :cat:
I have wished him happy birthday for you. He seemed unimpressed with my sentiment. Poly hissed at him earlier. I am sure it was a happy birthday hiss.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We’re showered and ready.

I feel like we’ve passed this way before....

View attachment 546637

Different transportation choice.

View attachment 546642

View attachment 546638

Lucky 13 is our dot!

View attachment 546639

We haven’t ridden the express monorail in years. We are impressed with the zone groupings (the resort monorail is a bit different inside.)

View attachment 546641

Em being silly.

View attachment 546640

This is new. When we were on it, the line was so so so so long, so it's nice to see them getting capacity a bit higher.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
How on earth have you never eaten there. Once upon a time it was almost as inexpensive as a qs meal but much better?
I was thinking about this last night. Yeah I think about WDW food all the time, what of it!!?? 😃

I digress, we've always been DDP peeps (however last few years have not used it), so I think the Plaza was overlooked due to price point.
to inexpensive to 'waste' DDP dollars on it for dinner.

With that being said, may need look at making a stop at some point VERY soon ;)

amjt660

Premium Member
Mobile ordering sometimes reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld’s, “You can take the order, you just don’t know how to hold the order” bit.
And the holding is the most important part

Thanks for this one Tu!!

THE LAMP!

IT’S FOR SALE!

IT’S....

17D789FE-4232-40C0-96C7-A45EBBF37D48.jpeg

THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS?!!!!!

Tiki lamp remains in Boutiki.
Ok - mental note - take all the soaps, shampoo , conditioner and towels you can stuff in your suitcase
But in a weird - anti Aladdin way

Don't touch the lamp!!

“Em, pose with scared hands with me.”

She assures me she will.

You got sooo burned on that one

@TrolleyFollower91 - well played!!!

1617976263336.png

Seven posts in a row from @Woodywrkr ??

Someone feeling a little left out?

1617976191856.png

Max

slipperalwaysfits

Playful spooks steal our ride photo. Not kidding. A pic of an empty doombuggy shows up in MDE.
Empty photos in the mansion are the perfect place for empty photos! I get a kick out of looking at the random families that show up in our PPP sometimes. o_O
We hang out on a bench(!) while waiting for our ADR notification. Em wonders how much longer the flags of the 13 colonies will fly here.
I have NEVER NOTICED those flagpoles and the flags of the 13 colonies! #details! I am looking forward to looking at them in November!
Then words are spoken to Em that she never hears....

“Can I see your ID?”
I LOVE getting carded! It's getting more rare, but it's still a special treat to look so young!
Silly me thought we’d take a nighttime ride on BTMRR after dinner.

Silly me forgot how FULL we would be after a feast.

Smart me suggests beating the crowds to the monorail before closing time.

Smart me made the right choice
YAY SMART YOU! I love BTMRR at night but the feeling of over-stuffedness and trying to accomplish (ANYTHING) can be rather difficult.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KONA!!!!!!!!!! How adorable that he loves playing with stuffed animals! Our cat loves hiding under one specific blanket and hunting for hair ties (she'd LOVE EVEREST!) It's so nice to have such fun personalities in your pets!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom