Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1610652409243.png

lazyboy97o

Not necessarily. Rise of the resistance has office space and a breakroom on the upper floor with no windows.
A few offices is different than an entire floor of backstage offices.
And can you imagine having an office above a potentially loud ride? I guess they could do some major sound proofing.
Exactly. While it sounds like a cool idea for efficient use of space, placing an entire office complex above a ride just doesn’t make a lot of sense. From the large amount of sound and, more importantly, fire proofing required to the extra structure needed. It would also make for a worse ride experience. I know the large open ceilings are a bit of a problem but moving all of that equipment and reducing the height of the show space down at least a good 15’ - 20’ closer to guests is not going to make things better.

180º

A few offices is different than an entire floor of backstage offices.

Exactly. While it sounds like a cool idea for efficient use of space, placing an entire office complex above a ride just doesn’t make a lot of sense. From the large amount of sound and, more importantly, fire proofing required to the extra structure needed. It would also make for a worse ride experience. I know the large open ceilings are a bit of a problem but moving all of that equipment and reducing the height of the show space down at least a good 15’ - 20’ closer to guests is not going to make things better.
Not so sure there’s a huge need for offices anyway. They’re just still missing rehearsal halls at this point, I think.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Recent overhead shot of MMRR show building. It looks complete from the outside now with all the AC and duct work appearing to be completed.
Aerial-Disneyland-Runaway-Railway.jpg

Not sure if they will dress up the building from the outside or how much work is left to be done on the inside. But this show building went up real quick. Wonder if they could be trying to get the opening back to its original 2022 date. Especially now that we know Gag Factory won't be reopening at the end of the month due to the construction.

wdrive

Not sure if they will dress up the building from the outside or how much work is left to be done on the inside. But this show building went up real quick. Wonder if they could be trying to get the opening back to its original 2022 date. Especially now that we know Gag Factory won't be reopening at the end of the month due to the construction.

The skeptic in me has to ask if they’re not opening the Gag Factory for construction or to save a few pennies and blame it on the construction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The skeptic in me has to ask if they’re not opening the Gag Factory for construction or to save a few pennies and blame it on the construction.
I guess it’s possible it could be to save money, however that seems less likely in my opinion as it would be minimal savings. Guess we’ll never really know for sure.

truecoat

A chunk of it is definitely office space, can see the windows on the left corner of building.

Also a very clear fire wall down the middle, so I am curious if the ride only takes up space beyond the firewall, and the queue / offices are all in the other half?

This would make sense given how much bigger the ride building is compared to Florida.

wdrive

Why lie about one location when you have a whole list of others that are also closed? Eleven closed shops is fine but twelve would just be too many?

They’ve lied about smaller things before.
I mean you’re probably correct but many years of disappointment has left me sceptical of most information that comes out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom