BLUEPRINT NO MORE

Askimosita

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Governor Newsom announced today that the Blueprint for a Safer Economy will be done with on June 15, except for the mask
Mandate and additional restrictions on multi-day music festivals and conventions with more than 5k visitors.

This means that many of the rules that are held strictly by Disneyland per state mandates will be gone by then. Out-of-state visitors can come to our theme parks, more rides and dining experiences can open that are closed (per today’s announcement from Disney) and we can start getting back to “normal”. Hooray!

Askimosita

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well I agree, and that’s why I said “start getting back to normal” ☺️ It’s definitely optimistic! We all know he wasn’t going to follow what Texas and Florida did immediately, especially after being so critical of them for opening up a couple weeks ago, but this is good news for us!

ToTBellHop

Democrats will never win another election if they decide to go this route.
I agree in that conservatives have wanted this over for a year; liberals want this over because they are vaccinated (or will be soon), so well over half of this country wants improvement by summer. That is why you are seeing restrictions relax everywhere.

For those who wish to wear masks each winter, more power to them, but the time for mandates is closing.

Last edited:

Tamandua

I will never consider masks normal, but I'd never put it past the government to try to enforce a permanent mask mandate. So many things that happened during the last 13 months were impossible to imagine before. The goal posts have moved so many times, nothing is impossible to believe. Fauci said over a year ago that if he had his way, no one would ever shake hands again. Is a permanent mask mandate really much further than that?

I can't move out of California right now, but I don't plan to live here forever. The lockdowns gave me the motivation I needed to start planning my exit. We bought a home in Florida, so we'll have a soft landing when we finally can leave.

Californian Elitist

I will never consider masks normal, but I'd never put it past the government to try to enforce a permanent mask mandate. So many things that happened during the last 13 months were impossible to imagine before. The goal posts have moved so many times, nothing is impossible to believe. Fauci said over a year ago that if he had his way, no one would ever shake hands again. Is a permanent mask mandate really much further than that?

I can't move out of California right now, but I don't plan to live here forever. The lockdowns gave me the motivation I needed to start planning my exit. We bought a home in Florida, so we'll have a soft landing when we finally can leave.
What happened over the last 13 months that was previously impossible to imagine?

ToTBellHop

Why make it political? Cigarettes are legal in the US and completely banned within the Disney parks. Disney can set their own rules as they see fit.
To be fair, the announced end to the tiers is a political move. But, I agree that it is unnecessarily to dive deep into that rabbit hole. It is what it is, and the upshot is, we get to go back to complaining about Smuggler’s Run!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom